Deathsmiles 2 [CAVE PCB, 2009]

Started by EOJ, January 06, 2009, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on December 20, 2009, 10:40:29 PM
SIN is apparently messing around with adding text overlays in his vids, for a more superplay feel. For example:

He uploaded a test version (DSII ver 4.00, 290mil Ruins stage w/ Lei) in this latest blog post:

Awesome replay, but I can't get the Japanese text to display properly. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

Dumb question, but how do these guys create their replays?  Do they have PCBs at home, or do Japanese arcades facilitate the uber players in some way?

EOJ

Most of them just record at arcades. Many of them have video/DVD recording setups you can pay to use.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on December 24, 2009, 01:43:28 AM
Most of them just record at arcades. Many of them have video/DVD recording setups you can pay to use.

Getting OT a bit, but for a newish game like DS2, or some other Cave release..  does a typical arcade have like 1 cab running the game or multiple?  Is this some type of system that taps into multiple machines? 

Thanks for the info, at this point in Western life any type of discussion regarding Japanese arcades seems amazing.

EOJ

Depends on the arcade and the game. A-cho in Kyoto had 2 Deathsmiles II cabs running until recently, but now they're down to one. None of the other shooters there are in more than one cab.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Only place I've seen w/ multiple cabs is Hey!  and very occasionally Mikado for brand new releases (and that only lasts a couple of months).

EOJ

Tsumanne has put up his new WR run for download:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=194.msg13956#msg13956

1.79bil ALL with Lei. It's amazing to say the least.
My score archive

zlk

This game has been out for quite some time.  It appears there are areas for 2 more stages, but will Cave ever unlock them?  Do they even exist?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: zlk on January 15, 2010, 12:11:22 AM
This game has been out for quite some time.  It appears there are areas for 2 more stages, but will Cave ever unlock them?  Do they even exist?

My guess is they've waited this long, they're waiting for something big.  Hopefully the 2d version.

lam47

Is there any chance in hell cave would re make a game in 2D?
I really wish they would as I love Deathsmiles and find the 3D shooters look rather amateur by comparison.
Form what I have seen it looks like a fun game to play but there is something missing without the pre rendered sprites.

Atstroboy

What about the 360 port, any news on that?

EOJ

If there was any news, it would be posted. No need to ask. Just wait like a crouching Guile.
My score archive

neomoe

Isnt Cave going to annouce their next port at the end of this month?
Unless they through us a major curveball, it's gotta be either deathsmiles 2 or DFK, right?

EOJ

Yes, big announcements will be at the MS shooting Fest on 2/27. I expect Cave to at least announce their new original Xbox 360 game, and probably their next port too. 5pb will also likely announce their next STG port there.
My score archive

neomoe

just watch, I bet 5bp is gonna handle the Ibara, Ibara BL, Pink Sweets compilation you fantasized about awhile back, EOJ  :laugh:

EOJ

You know I wouldn't be surprised if they ported Ibara BL (with the original Ibara included) as one package, and Pink Sweets as a separate package.
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on February 19, 2010, 04:14:54 PM
5pb will also likely announce their next STG port there.

Oh god, what? I sure hope that's a joke. :oogle:

EOJ

No joke, and it's good news! They've learned from their mistakes (thanks to help from Mihara and Cave), and Ketsui is going to be rad.

People like to rip 5pb, but let's not forget, without them we'd likely never see a port of DDPDOJBL or Ketsui. And if they port Ibara BL or PS, those are two other games that would have likely never been ported either.
My score archive

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on February 19, 2010, 04:17:59 PM
You know I wouldn't be surprised if they ported Ibara BL (with the original Ibara included) as one package, and Pink Sweets as a separate package.

I agree, I mean Cave is certainly ok w/ releasing some of their older properties as we've seen w/ DOJ Blex and Ketsui.
Why shouldn't Ibara get the same treatment?

Also noteworthy, I believe Deathsmiles has probably been the most "successful" port...
part of the reason for this is because it's a hori, and part of the reason is the cute girls.  

Maybe the Ibara girls could potentially help boost sales of that game as well...

Monouchi

True, 5pb has given us alot and prolly learnt alot from Miharas help.
But will 5pbs next port be in HD?

I just hope that when DFK is ported it gets HD and disc.  :-*

SuperPang

emphatic

Disappointed? Also, you forgot to watermark the picture.  :facepalm:

SuperPang

The plan is to leave it until Christmas day. Unfortunately there is no parents wardrobe enforcing this rule so I may give in to temptation. It's v4.0 so it should be relatively bug free. :righton: The  :whyioughtta: was simply because i'm slightly embarrassed. I really didn't think I'd buy this hunk of Windows.

EOJ

Awesome pick up. The arcade game is so very nice.

But wow, that windows PCB box thing is huge.  :o
My score archive

brentsg

SP, let us know of the HDMI port is active.  It would be cool if that could be used with an HDTV.. would make for a simple supergun setup.

That's definitely huge though. 

TonK

Aren't these being "blown out"

SP, does that downscale to 24k or 15k?

I'd be interested in picking one up. But last time I went looking for one, everyone told me to stay away.

Let me know if it's worth it to a Deathsmiles fan.

I'm
Not
Getting
The
Port.

EOJ

Let me know if it's worth it to a Deathsmiles fan.

I've been talking about how awesome this game is for over a year. Plenty of people around here have recently seen the light and they too now know what I've been talking about.

The port is great to have too for the awesome 16:9 IIX mode, which you can't play anywhere else.
My score archive

Strider77

TonK

Quote from: Strider77 on December 13, 2010, 07:26:57 PM
Why no ports out of curiosity?

I heard the port is terrible.

Plus, it's exciting to acquire new hardware in this hobby.

I knew what I was getting into when I bought my first PCB...

EOJ

Quote from: TonK on December 13, 2010, 08:28:05 PM

I heard the port is terrible.

Not terrible, but not great. Without the patch, the slowdown is really accurate.

If you have an extra $1000+ laying around and are a fan of Deathsmiles, buy the PCB. If not, the port will do just fine, and the IIX mode is superb and looks far better than the PCB.

Plus, it's exciting to acquire new hardware in this hobby.

Absolutely.  :righton:
My score archive