DODONPACHI SAIDAIOUJOU SOUND TEST QUESTION

Started by lemonc, June 13, 2022, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemonc

Hello.
I am a Korean who likes to play Cabe games. This time, I grab saidioujou pcb. And I tested it by connecting it to the cabinet that I have.
I like to turn up the volume and play games, so I turned up the volume in Astro City and tried to operate it, and there was noise on the sound speaker side.

For example, I uploaded a video to YouTube.
adress :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2nIYuDpNkI&ab_channel=DHK

It's a video that runs my saidaioujou pcb in Astro City.
When i used a bomb in a video or when a jaco or all of air craft, plane is destroyed, the sound of a blast occurs as if the speaker is tearing up.
Of course, Dondonpachi oujou this point, There's noise when it comes.
You have to turn up the volume and watch it.

Originally, i told in network, someone said that the sound issue has cave pcbs, but I'm really curious if this is a design error only for my pcb, or if other people have this noise problem with the original sound.
sorry my english so trash.
I don't know if it was delivered well, but I want to play a game with a really pleasant sound, but I don't think it's easy.

Or I wonder if it's my cabinet problem. If there is anyone who has tested it while using New Astro City, I would appreciate it if you could give me advice or help.
always thank you all stg friends.

SuperPang

This is normal for this PCB.

I'm not sure the exact technical reasons, but I think the distortion is a compression issue with the sound chip due to all the voices and other effects crammed on there.

EOJ

I minimized this issue by making the sound as quiet as possible on the PCB (adjust the little volume pot to the point where sound just becomes audible), then turning up the sound on my speakers. I don't hear any distorted sound after doing this. But you really have to fine-tune it to get the sweet spot.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lemonc

Quote from: SuperPang on June 13, 2022, 10:56:01 AM
This is normal for this PCB.

I'm not sure the exact technical reasons, but I think the distortion is a compression issue with the sound chip due to all the voices and other effects crammed on there.

I see. I bought this board at a high price, but I thought it was only a problem with the board I bought. Thank you.

Quote from: EOJ on June 13, 2022, 04:39:06 PM
I minimized this issue by making the sound as quiet as possible on the PCB (adjust the little volume pot to the point where sound just becomes audible), then turning up the sound on my speakers. I don't hear any distorted sound after doing this. But you really have to fine-tune it to get the sweet spot.

So that's the only way to control it. I've used a volume controller
Sometimes i can't hear it and then i can hear it again. I didn't know how to control it.
I'll adjust it after work today.
I'm so happy that I can get help from people who have the dodonpachi saidaioujou board.
Honestly, I thought there was a problem with only my board.
Thank you so much.

SuperPang

You would never hear it in an arcade. A few of us who bought the game when it came out noticed it.
http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1507.msg29152#msg29152

lemonc

Quote from: SuperPang on June 14, 2022, 09:10:13 AM
You would never hear it in an arcade. A few of us who bought the game when it came out noticed it.
http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1507.msg29152#msg29152

You're saying that you can't hear it in the arcade because of other shooting games or noise around you, right?

When I got home today, I tried to play with the volume of the pcb to the minimum and the volume of the cabinet speaker to the maximum,then I can hardly hear it. But the sound is so small that I can't feel the three-dimensional effect of the sound at all. I've found some compromise sound, but the sound is too small to feel the reality. In addition, if i turn up the volume a little, i can immediately hear the noise ripping.
You know, if i put an amplifier on the New Astro City cabinet, whatever i won't catch this noise, right?
It's the most expensive board, but it's a shame that there's a sound problem. so sad...

SuperPang

Quote from: lemonc on June 14, 2022, 10:04:04 AM
You're saying that you can't hear it in the arcade because of other shooting games or noise around you, right?
Yes. This is presumably why CAVE weren't worried about it.

I learnt to live with it quite quickly and it no longer bothers me. They were really pushing the CV1000 hardware to its limit.

lemonc

Hello.
I had a consultation with a technician in Korea yesterday.
I just found out that all the boards leaving Zamma are printed with mono sound.
So we changed the sound to stereo and proceeded with wiring modification.
I will report the progress later on how different the sound can be through the test before and after.
Half of the fun in shooting games is sound, but I thought a lot to solve this problem.