Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Kaya (KLP) finally did it. He got the highest score with B-EX (Hibachi), which is also the highest score with any ship type.

https://twitter.com/lmt_enche/status/1459180748439650307

Pretty amazing achievement!

EDIT: Video with commentary (turn on the closed captions to see it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEo3haktua8
Ordered  from strictly limited run games . Their version has the dlc extra characters actually on the disc itself , which i much prefer  :)

Gotta wait till march though  :-\
PCB / Re: Ibara Kuro version differences and print run
« Last post by Jcmorris on November 08, 2021, 05:27:57 PM »
What is the master version string for that kuro? Possibly a newer revision?

Wasn’t sure if you were talking to me but I popped it in and took a few pics.
« Last post by peg on November 07, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »
What is the master version string for that kuro? Possibly a newer revision?
« Last post by EOJ on November 07, 2021, 06:16:27 PM »

Very interesting! So you are thinking it was a super late in house CAVE conversion from a Deathsmiles board?

Either that or a later conversion by a private individual. But it was definitely a Deathsmiles board, in either case.

If there isn't any clear evidence it was done by a private individual, the default is to assume it was done by CAVE.

By the way, there is one documented case of another user here (Platypus Stan), way back in 2009, who bought a Kuro kit new from Fujita and it came without any serial number on it! I'd like to see if his PCB was converted from DS as well. Here's the thread:

http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=658
« Last post by Jcmorris on November 07, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »
That's a Deathsmiles PCB (note the CA017 on the chip near the battery - that's Deathsmiles' catalogue code). Also the date stamp on the back, September 2007, aligns with deathsmiles. The second stamp is from May 2008, which is the time when DDP DFK was released. So this PCB was converted over 2 years after Kuro was released.

I can't see anything there that flags it as a fake (unless someone really knew what they were doing). So it may just be a very unusual, late conversion done by CAVE. I'm surprised they would bother to put a new serial label on it, though!

Very interesting! So you are thinking it was a super late in house CAVE conversion from a Deathsmiles board?

Yeah it is a full mint kit, down to the original poster. Iv definitely dealt with some unscrupulous individuals over the years. It this seller didn’t rub me that way not do I think he would have had thre know how to pull off something like that. He was a collector whom lived in Texas who was having problems paying the bills  doing graphic design and was selling his collection on shmups. I contacted him privately before he listed anything and purchased Kuro, DFK, Futari, the e2. Although he had a bunch of other full kits. He told me he had bought all of them brand new when they released.
« Last post by EOJ on November 07, 2021, 05:40:49 PM »
That's a Deathsmiles PCB (note the CA017 on the chip near the battery - that's Deathsmiles' catalogue code). Also the date stamp on the back, September 2007, aligns with deathsmiles. The second stamp is from May 2008, which is the time when DDP DFK was released. So this PCB was converted over 2 years after Kuro was released.

I can't see anything there that flags it as a fake (unless someone really knew what they were doing). So it may just be a very unusual, late conversion done by CAVE. I'm surprised they would bother to put a new serial label on it, though!

« Last post by Jcmorris on November 07, 2021, 05:35:05 PM »
Sure! I think he just meant he bought them when they were coming direct new from CAVE not that he personally bought from them without a middle. Have Fjcom stickers. Here’s pics of the board, also my DDP DFK 1.5, same seller. Also got a mushi futari  1.5 same seller , not pictured. All were full kits bought new , only Kuro had the Poster. He claimed to be original and only owner, he had no reason to lie about any of this , also sold me a super clean Egret 2. This was 2015 and Iv been holding it ever since.
« Last post by EOJ on November 07, 2021, 04:56:29 PM »
Can you post a picture of the serial number label, as well as the date stamps on the back of the PCB? Having never seen such a serial number for Kuro, I am a bit suspicious, and we have recently seen fake serial labels in the market.

Also suspicious the owner would say they bought it directly from CAVE at release, since CAVE did not sell kits directly at the time (also, if he bought it "at release" as he claimed, it would have been in the first batch, not the second). Their distributor was AMI, and kits could only be purchased through shops, and shops bought them from AMI.
« Last post by Jcmorris on November 07, 2021, 04:51:57 PM »
Hey guys I’m in the middle of a move and was going through my old PCBs and noticed my print number is different from any Iv ever seen listed. It’s IBB-40206, so based on that it’s #246, I’m guessing it was one of the last of the second original run that did not have the sticker on box.

I purchased it around 2015 along with a few other cave kits. The original owner told me he bought them directly from Cave at the time of release. In the case of IBK he said that it was in the second batch run, I have the full kit along with the poster.

Anyways, just posting this to hear some of people’s thoughts about it or have any more info as I always love to learn more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10