Main Menu

Vanquish [PS3/X360]

Started by Medal, October 21, 2010, 12:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medal

New killing game by Platinum Games, the ones behind Bayonetta (which I've still yet to play). It's a third-person shooting/punching/dive-kicking game with dash, evade, and bullet-time mechanics. There's also a light cover mechanic that you're not supposed to use for very long (really only for your dash/bullet-time meter to recharge). Very fast, very flashy.

Some decent footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3EyHttnh8#t=1m55s
From hearsay (a room full of nerds):
-Main platform is PS3
-Campaign is supposedly short, between 4-7 hours long (in my opinion, a plus: score/time attack)
-Set of extra challenge missions
-No multiplayer (no loss to me)

From playing it myself:
-Super fast
-Great pacing
-Awesome bosses
-Dashing, bullet-time, evading are all balanced well.
-Challenging
-Great collision detection
-Can't wait to play for low times

I have a report to write in the next hour, so I'll leave it at that, but I sure as hell wish I had my own copy of this. I plan on selling games until I can pay for it. It's the action game I've been waiting for my entire life that isn't called Ibara.

fuse

I was not particularly taken in by the demo but I have bought purely on the basis of the team behind it. Bayonetta's demo did not get me in the same way that the full product did either, so I am holding out hope. Looking forwards to getting it and spending some time with it.

Danza

I'm really looking forward to this. Its in the post on its way to my place now.

Also, the missile swarm at about 9:00 in that video/the demo is awesome.

Medal

I've played the demo a few more times now, and I like it even more than I did before. My best time so far is 9:03 (the same demo that was played in the video). Between Vanquish, Guwange, Nightshade, and whatever arcade games I decide to put time into this winter, I think I've got my hands quite full.

HVL

What the heck did I just watch?

I have no clue what's going on but it looks somewhat cool. Might have to try the demo if it's on Live.

insigniadeck

this is a underrated game that i think every shmups fan should atleast try cause its just hectic arcade action pace boss battle overload.Such an awesome game.