Final Fantasy XIII-2 [PS3/X360]

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2011, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Sequel announced, due 2011 for Japan (on both consoles):

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZFmOhnA1s

I have to admit seeing Lightning in old-school armor is pretty cool.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

I'm looking forward to this and I agree, Lightning looked awesome. Did you finish XIII? I was going to warn you not to watch the XIII-2 trailer as it was slightly spoilerish.

On a somewhat related note, that new Versus XIII trailer was great. I have high hopes for that title. The combat reminded me more of Devil May Cry though than Kingdom Hearts like everyone else has been saying.

EOJ

Yeah, I'm not done with XIII yet (up to chapter 10), so I figured the first part of the trailer was a spoiler, but it's hardly something I didn't think would happen in the game. Probably best that people who haven't finished the game skip to the halfway point of the trailer.
My score archive

pestilence

this looks awesome. i never plated xiii but looks like i need to.

EOJ

I've got the JP X360 version preordered. Really looking forward to this one.
My score archive

EOJ

My copy arrived this morning. I'm off to play a bit!  :righton:
My score archive

drunkninja

How does the OST go along with the game.....because I can't honestly say I'm a fan of at least half the tracks based on just listening to them standalone....especially that metal chocobo theme....ugh

EOJ

The OST is really great. Some songs have singing, but so far, it's been fine. Haven't heard the metal chocobo thing in-game yet. I heard it on youtube, and it's so bad, it's hilarious.

The game is awesome by the way. I've played about 3 hours. You can save anywhere, they got rid of the pointless weapon upgrade system (now, you just buy new weapons to get stronger, like most other RPGs out there), and the battles are a bit faster and more intense. The Crystarium looks very different, but I'm not sure how different it really is structurally/functionally. Still trying to work it out.
My score archive

drunkninja

Picked this up myself, about 16 hours in now, really enjoying it.  Digging the OST now that I've heard more of it, and I like the way they worked monster party members in.  Also like that the game really makes me want to explore all the different areas, something XIII severely lacked.

sh00g

This game has easily become one of my favorite FF titles. This game is what FFXIII should have been.

On another note: Fuck those clock puzzles in Oerba 400 AF. I spent literally hours on them alone.

AweOfShe

Quote from: sh00g on February 27, 2012, 12:12:07 PM
This game has easily become one of my favorite FF titles. This game is what FFXIII should have been.

On another note: Fuck those clock puzzles in Oerba 400 AF. I spent literally hours on them alone.

I recently got the Platinum for it, and I agree on both counts. Oerba was a nightmare.  :laugh:
XBox Live - AweOfShe1