Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL [Cave 2010, PCB]

Started by zlk, December 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenhalo

QuoteSticker posted in URA Loop:
http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1059.0

how does one gain access to this mythical URA loop? apparently it's off limits to the likes of me  :P

njiska

Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

Cave will release info about Zatsusa in mid-December, according to SIN, who asked them about this at the Cave meeting last week:

http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/202/
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drunkninja

Cool, I was wondering if they were going to spill the beans on whatever it is soon. Makes sense with DFK coming out on 360 soon (hopefully with BL not long after).

EOJ

I wonder if it will be included in a promo for a DFK BL DVD next month?
My score archive

Kewing

Quote from: EOJ on November 04, 2010, 03:51:15 PM
Cave will release info about Zatsusa in mid-December, according to SIN, who asked them about this at the Cave meeting last week:

I had been wondering for a while wether this had been forgotten by all. Such silence was starting to make me think they may have pulled off another Mushifutari TLB issue. Quite curious about itand looking forward to see what it is all about.

Van_Artic

Quote from: EOJ on November 04, 2010, 03:51:15 PM

i'll be honest, when i readed Zatsusa i shivered
this is pretty clever, so they were holding "it" back for 360 DLC after all
good to hear it's not just a legend

EOJ

Quote from: Van_Artic on November 04, 2010, 09:54:05 PM
this is pretty clever, so they were holding "it" back for 360 DLC after all

Possible, but don't get your hopes up just yet.
My score archive

evil_ash_xero

Any more word by people who've played this? The vids have me very interested.

Oh, and the music is great.

:righton:

EOJ

My score archive

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on December 03, 2010, 02:02:56 PM
Official DVD announced. Details:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=506

Im really curious about what you have to do to reach Zatsusa.
Zatsusa almost sounds and feels like something godlike....maybe Zatsusa will erase your memory if you loose against him/it/her.  :oogle:

StarCreator

I'm not sure if it means anything, but it's worth noting that DFK 360 has the entire Black Label soundtrack in its audio data, including Zatsusa.  The asset name just labels it "secret", the same way the soundtrack CD did.

EDIT: Of course, the linked blog entry explains why it would have to be there.

EOJ

My score archive

KOA

Something doesn't feel right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fouVSOAZ_c

In this particular run, the player no-misses Golden Disaster and encounters Hibachi, but yet Zatsuza doesn't appear. Perhaps there's more to the requirements than stated?

MaxX

This is correct. After hearing about the requirements from KOA, I was immediately taken aback because I had sworn I had seen a video of a no-miss taisabachi a long while back, and called it up on youtube within two minutes, the video KOA just linked.

This guy no-misses stage 5 and Taisabachi, and doesn't pretty damn well against Hibachi too, no Zatsuza.

Either the translation from this article is wrong, or someone fucked up. Maybe there's something like a hyper activation limit.

Also to nitpick, you're consistently mis-spelling Zatsuza, it's all over the article and in forum posts. You're writing it as Zatsusa.

EOJ

Translation isn't wrong. I'm thinking it only works in Strong style, though this isn't mentioned in the Superplay DVD booklet.

Quote from: MaxX on December 27, 2010, 12:13:23 AM
Also to nitpick, you're consistently mis-spelling Zatsuza, it's all over the article and in forum posts. You're writing it as Zatsusa.

If you're talking to me, thanks for the correction. Will update the main news page.
My score archive

MaxX

Power-only is always possible.....I'm gonna scrounge Youtube just in-case, lol.

EDIT: Can't find anything, power only makes sense anyway.

EOJ

It's not Power-only, it's Strong-only (the youtube video KOA posted above is in Power style). After perusing 2Ch the guys there seem to have also accepted it's Strong-only even though the DVD booklet doesn't explicitly state this as part of the conditions. This makes sense as in Futari and DSMBL one could only fight the TLBs in the hardest difficulty modes.
My score archive

Aisha

In that video I notice that he gets hit at 05:05 and releases an auto-bomb (Though, I haven't played any version of the game very much so I could be off on the visual cue). Could that possibly count against the "no-miss" requirement?

What convinces the 2ch guys that it's Strong-only?

drunkninja

I gotta admit, I'm kinda disappointed that Zatsuza's appearance is simply a Hibachi palette-swap, but I can understand why they'd go that route considering how few players will actually see the thing.

Still, I wanna see the vids now, just to see what kind of crazy patterns this thing throws at you.

moozooh

Unless they are hyper-uncancellable I can't see them being more crazy than anything else. I mean, it's not like people actually dodge Hibachi's attacks in BL, anyway. :rolleyes:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Muchi Muchi Spork

This is the most infuriating game I have ever played. Dying a bunch in other Cave games just makes me want to practice more whereas in this game I want to break stuff. I hate it but still can't stop playing because it's addictive.