Main Menu

SH3 JAMMA edge connectors

Started by brentsg, March 15, 2010, 11:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Hopefully I'm not the only one interested in trivial stuff like this.

I find it odd that Cave swapped back and forth on the edge connectors.  My early Ibara board had gold contacts on the JAMMA edge.  I haven't owned one, but I believe that the first Mushihime-sama did as well.  The boards that I've owned after that for the most part have had silver (tin?) contacts.  But, my DaiFukkatsu 1.5 board went back to gold again.  The other Rev. D boards I've seen have all been silver. 

I guess DFK is my curiosity since it doesn't seem to fit the pattern. 

EOJ

You're right, gold was just first & second print Mushi and first print Ibara (second print of Ibara and third (small) print of Mushi had silver). I have never seen an SH3 game after Ibara that had a gold connector. I'd bet your Daifukkatsu 1.5 was a reprogrammed Ibara PCB. Does it have a battery on the PCB? What's the serial? What's the inspection date stamp on the back of the PCB? I owned a few Daifukkatsu PCBs (at least 3), and they all had silver edge connectors with no battery on the PCB.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

It's a CV-1000D with no battery so it's definitely not a reprogrammed Ibara.

Serial number is DD-30705.

Inspection on the back is July 24, 2008 ('08, 7, 24).

I had never noticed it was gold until today actually.

EOJ

Maybe they just found some left over gold connectors in the warehouse and slapped them on a few boards.

Your inspection date is a bit after the game was released, so clearly this is something they just did for the late reprint of the game.
My score archive

brentsg

Again, it's just trivia but I always find their serial numbers to be interesting too.

I think it's possible my DFK Black Label PCB might be the lowest numbered board.  It's DDB-80000.

And I think my Futari BL is third in the "another ver" reprints.  It's MFBA-70003.  It carries an inspection sticker of January 4, 2010.

Yeah I'm bored tonight.

EOJ

The serials are all random, from what I've heard (and seen). Thus you can't equate the number of the board to the number on the production line, like you can with other collectibles. Case in point: I had an MMP that was numbered 10000, another guy had one that was numbered 00001.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on March 16, 2010, 12:17:59 AM
The serials are all random, from what I've heard (and seen). Thus you can't equate the number of the board to the number on the production line, like you can with other collectibles. Case in point: I had an MMP that was numbered 10000, another guy had one that was numbered 00001.

Well clearly MMP isn't as rare as it's thought to be.   :laugh:

I've also somehow randomly ended up with 2 MMP boards that are only 5 apart on SN.  But yeah they are MP-7xxxx boards so nothing like yours was. 

EOJ

I thought about making an SH3 serial number database thread awhile back, just for fun. I think I archived most of the serials of the PCBs I owned over the years in a text file on my PC somewhere...

I've seen MMPs as high as 9XXXX, and as low as 00001. I think you always find at least 2 zeros in the middle though.
My score archive

brentsg

That would be fun.  I bet there is a pattern with enough data available.

All you would need would be game title, serial number, and the date from the back.