Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Cave 2012, ARCADE]

Started by joeks, December 21, 2011, 02:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlk

The TLB is awesome! Each attack is from a previous version of donpachi.  Great stuff!

MikeNeko

I am not sure about that ex-boss presentation ^^;
Nice patterns mix, but... this is so screamy... it s fun exploding mini-maids in ESP but this is a donpachi ex boss...
Oh well, minor complaint, if the boss were just with random patterns and no screams that would be much worse.

A47A47

One membrer of 2ch BBS took this photo.
He says "The player choosed C-L"

> ALL-陰

陰"kage" meand shadow. 陰"in" means yin or negative.

SFN

Great find! The player's score is rather low. Is it ship-specific or the requirements are even less strict for this one ?

moozooh

This news made my boner for this game even harder. :righton:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

x91

My guess matches! 有阳必有阴~(well here I use simplified Chinese characters)

EOJ

The guy got an ALL, but his 5 bil score shows he continued and didn't 1CC it.  If these "yin" and "yang" TLBs are analogous to URA and OMOTE routes from DFK and Ketsui, "yin" should be Ura, as Ura means the hidden or back side, which is often perceived as "darker". In other words, "yin" should be harder than "yang".

Another possibility is if you 1CC the "yang" boss, the "yin" boss pops out, a la DFK BL.

Or it could be something totally different.  :P
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Fu-ZAN

I think the chances of there can be another loop are very small.

EOJ

Yeah, there are clearly no loops. The yin and yang just refer to TLBs.
My score archive

SFN

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 04, 2012, 10:24:43 PM
The guy got an ALL, but his 5 bil score shows he continued and didn't 1CC it.

If this ALL-陰 with continue score was at #1, would that mean he got even less than 5bil from the five stages ?
Because the game should let you save your high score even if you continued.

EOJ

You're right that the game should also save your score before you continued, so yeah, it appears he got less than 5 billion in the stages.

If yin and yang are two TLBs in succession, I wonder if each gives a 5 billion bonus, making it a total 10 billion bonus for a 1CC. If you only trigger one or the other, then it appears each gives a 5 billion bonus.
My score archive

EOJ

Looking through 2Ch, it seems most people there seem to think Autobomb ON = yang TLB, Autobomb OFF = yin TLB. Sounds plausible.
My score archive

pestro87

I still don't understand why the 5 isn't blurred but the rest is... seems a bit fishy to me... :whyioughtta:

SuperPang

Sounds like Cave are now aware of the audio problems. Waiting to hear if they can fix it.

Van_Artic

welp, pikkoro is putting in some heavy work with his score

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/684344/scores/pikkoro.JPG
caught from his livestream

also his scoring patterns is quite interesting; he can get out of stage 2 with 10 hypers; but then he would make the mistake of defeating stage 3 midboss too quickly and getting his chain cut off
maybe he already fixed that

TensaiKashou

There seems to be an unused track on the OST (シ, probably for 死), like Zatsuza on the DFK BL OST. Presumably, the arcade release of SDOJ has 陽蜂 and 陰蜂, and the boss going with シ will be revealed in the console release of SDOJ or any of the versions of SDOJBL.

That, or it's just what would go with a TTLB of SDOJ, and it's not ever going to be used.

EOJ

Thanks for the info. Zatsuza was found in the arcade version of DFKBL long before the home port was released, however. No home port has had a TLB that was not in the original arcade version (console-exclusive arrange modes don't apply to this statement).

Another possibility for シ is it is Android  シ from Cave's adventure game Instant Brain. She unleashes a monster attack in part of that game, looking much like a TLB there. Also, the game has a DDP story section in it. Still not very likely, but it would be a neat surprise if true.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Forgot to mention that vid shows the end credits. Programmers are listed as:

Tsuneki Ikeda
S. Yagawa
Daisuke Koizumi
Takashi Ichimura
Yuji Inoue

Basically all their core Arcade programmers + Koizumi. Ikeda is also listed by himself as both the Director and Producer.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

ssfsx17

eckart

Superpang, any news with the soundissue?

Yumi told me that i can send it back for repair.
But what can be repaired, is it not more a production mistake?

Sad that cave do not response in that case.
Even for preorders costumers.:(

SuperPang

I'm still waiting to hear back from Yumi.

eckart

Hm, she just told me that they explain the problem  once more to cave.
She think cave can fix it.

-Guess i send the pcb back to japan at the end of the mounth.

TonK

eckart

That much i don`t know, but if cave can fix it than i will try it.
I can`t understand why 20 year old pcb has a proper sound output and this new one sounds like -not right.

Anyway, played a bit c expert mode today and realy like it. Ok, i only made it to the second midboss.:)

Special World

Quote from: TonK on May 13, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
lol, it bothers you guys that much?

I'd imagine that if you pay thousands of dollars for a game, you want it to work flawlessly.

TonK

Quote from: Special World on May 15, 2012, 07:02:27 AM
Quote from: TonK on May 13, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
lol, it bothers you guys that much?

I'd imagine that if you pay thousands of dollars for a game, you want it to work flawlessly.

Mine works flawlessly.

SuperPang

eckart