Anyone have experience using Japan to Door's forwarding service?

Started by njiska, November 07, 2010, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njiska

Lately there have been a lot of really good deals on Amazon.jp that i've wanted to take advantage of, but I've been feeling a bit guilty having to get my guy in Aichi-Ken go out of his way to forward me stuff so i've been looking at forwarding services. Japan to Door seems to come highly recommended but I've learned the hardway to no trust random reviews on the internet.

So I'm wondering, has anyone here used them before? Any idea what their handling fees usually amount to?
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

jyumi

Seems legit.

I used japonica market to buy cds off of yahoo auctions, rakuten. . .ect.

any of these middle man sites you need to pay a little more than just for the actual product. You're basically paying a lot for shipping.

You'll be paying for: the actual item, shipping to their office in japan, their labor, then packaging and shipping to your house.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

njiska

Quote from: jyumi on November 07, 2010, 10:00:09 PM
You'll be paying for: the actual item, shipping to their office in japan, their labor, then packaging and shipping to your house.

Shipping from Amazon is not a problem. They charge a 500 YEN fee plus a fee based on size. Should be 1,200 YEN in total. 1,200 for resending the package doesn't sound bad considering i stand to save nearly $100 on Strike Witches LE over an importer site.

njiska

I should have probably added this last year, but I've been using JTD for a couple of months now and they really make life a breeze. Never had any trouble, shipping rates are EMS + a moderate handling fee based on weight + $5 USD for invoicing. Even large packages like a collection of posters from CAVE were quite reasonable. $45 EMS + $5 invoicing + $12 handling + $8 for repackaging because they were separate boxes that needed to be consolidated..

mikkon75

Stay away from Japan To Door!!! I have opened seller account in Japan To Door and I sent valuable porclains to JTD about six months ago. They have not sold anything. I have send several mails. I have got only two replies without any useful information. I have asked to send all my items back or sell them. I'm sure that I will never seen my money or my porcelain.

If you want more information about this case, JTD company persons or JTD working methods, I will help!!!