Mushihimesama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
705,985,297 - EOJ - ALL (Lx2)

Holy crap are the bullets fast once you get 100K+ on the counter!  :shock:
I got it up to 105K and it was blazing fast for the last part of ST5. Despite this, somehow I no-missed/no-bombed stages 4 and 5. I could have easily beaten the last boss without dying as well, but since I had no spare bombs left I had to suicide towards the very end of the fight to get the 30mil per life end bonus. Once again I died once in Stage 2 and once in Stage 3 in this run. :lol:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

How is Palm?  I've gotten used to Reco's options going off on their own.  I tried him for a couple of runs but it was a disaster.

EOJ

Palm is a lot easier for stages 1&2 in Maniac, I got 200+mil by the end of stage 2 with him the other day and I was just goofing around. Stage 3 is harder for me with him, however. My best (trying really hard) with Reco by the same point is like 180mil. It's really hard to be very accurate with all those orange things in Stage 2 when her options just latch onto whatever is near them. I find Palm easier to use in God Mode, but Original mode is all about Reco. Stage 5 is a lot easier with Reco across all three modes, so if I had to pick one she has the edge.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Interesting.  I've found that in stage 5 (God), her options come in handy for those ass-raping lamps.  If you can get an option to latch onto one thats's on one side of the screen, then go to the other side, dodging it isn't so hard.

EOJ

There's a path you have to memorize in order to take out all the lamps by destroying them when you're right above them - it cancels out all the bullets and gives you gems. I have the first couple lamps down, but after that I get all messed up.
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

My first 1CC ever :righton: ...score is terrible, but hey it's my first 1CC :o

EOJ

Nice job! Would you like me to put up that score, or keep your higher previous score?
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

yeah that would be nice..All looks better than 5 boss :lol:

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
280,928,595 - AWE - ALL (Lx0)

EOJ

GOD MODE - PALM
1,424,476,470 - EOJ - Stage 4

Had over 1bil at the end of stage 2 (though I died twice on the boss - also died once on the stage 1 boss), but only got around 300mil in Stage 3. Got a bit past the stage 4 midboss.
My score archive

EOJ

MANIAC MODE - RECO
535,857,981 - EOJ - ALL (Lx0)

Another crappy run, but I somehow pulled a clear out of my ass. I got to the last boss with 1 spare life and 2 bombs. I managed to get through the whole third phase without any bombs for the first time. Quite nerve-racking!

I am just now getting adjusted to the difference in how Maniac mode plays - the way your counter increases rapidly when you shoot enemies (particularly large ones, but even obstacles like buildings too) at close range is very reminiscent of Mushi 1, and opens up tons of different scoring possibilities, especially in Stage 5. The problem is that it plays so differently from 1.5, so I basically have to re-learn the stages all over again.

What's the deal with everyone else? Get some more scores in! :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Very next run!  :D

MANIAC MODE - RECO
621,135,305 - EOJ - ALL (Lx2, Bx1)

Unfortunately this should have been at least 631 mil, I bombed in the heat of the moment with 1 second left to go on the boss, making my per-ship extend bonus only 10mil. I should have just tried to tough it out, as even if I died I would have gotten 30mil for the one spare live (more than the 20mil I got), and if I survived I'd have gotten 40mil total for both lives.

BTW if you finish with any spare lives please mention how many bombs you clear the game with, as I did above. It's very important for the extend bonus!
My score archive

KOMA

Very nice EOJ!Congrat's
QuoteWhat's the deal with everyone else? Get some more scores in!
Your right.But since last week,i can't manage the game at all.I die always my lifes in stage 3.....more focus,more focus.......

EOJ

GOD MODE - RECO
1,740,309,811 - EOJ - Stage 5

Reached the 5th stage for the first time! Nearly got past the last lantern before the midboss. What a rush!  :)
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Okay, you've forced me.  I was hoping to not post until I got a clear.  Got the boss down to an inch one time, but ran out of mojo.

God Mode - Reco
GaijinPunch - 2,270,362,964 - Stage 5 (Boss)

EOJ

Wow, great score! Congrats on getting to the boss as well.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteWow, great score! Congrats on getting to the boss as well.

She's a cunt!

Honesly, the hardest form is the first.  The last wave of bullets (first form) is way harder than Maniac, and even Ultra.. no slow down at all, and I haven't figured out how to dodge it for more than a few seconds.  I pretty much need 4 bombs for that form.  Second form is easiest.  3rd is tricky, but doable w/ 3-4 bombs.

EOJ

I've played through the fight a few times - the first form is hard, but it's harder on Ultra. Second form is MUCH easier than Ultra as it slows down incredibly. 3rd form is also easier as they made some of the bullet patterns less dense.

I think I'd need at least 2 lives to beat it. KHD said he needed 2 spare lives for it as well.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quotebut it's harder on Ultra
I'm talking about the last wave of the first form.  Those twisty V things.  I've only got the Palm video handy... He doesn't even get there b/c he bombs so much. Looking on Youtube, it's the same pattern.

Sometimes that density helps though.  Slowdown is the key.  Really, really easy to die at the end of one of her waves, when the slowdown amazingly stops.

I don't notice any more slowdown on the 2nd form (first wave) that's not in what I've seen of Ultra.  I never make it to the 2nd wave of the send form.  Hooray firepower.

The 2nd wave of the last form... I would rather it be dense.  It goes too fast.   I can't dodge at all... I have just sit there and bomb if I think one of the bullets is going to hit me.

With my 2nd high score (2.26 bil) I got there w/ 1 bomb and 3 remains.  It was only my 3rd time to get to her though.

EOJ

QuoteI don't notice any more slowdown on the 2nd form (first wave) that's not in what I've seen of Ultra.
It's really very noticeable. I've fought the Ultra boss lots of times, and in God mode it is so much easier due to how much slower those bullet streams move. It's actually quite doable without any bombs or deaths! Never been able to get through the Ultra form without bombing a couple times.

QuoteWith my 2nd high score (2.26 bil) I got there w/ 1 bomb and 3 remains.  It was only my 3rd time to get to her though.
That's pretty great getting there with 3 remains. I haven't played God much but I plan to focus on it for the next couple days.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I usually do the second form pretty well.  And I guess the slowdown depends on your shooting.  Too many deaths b/c I quit firing, and the processor gets free.  Sucks.

ANYWAY...
Had I not 1-missed up to the boss, this would taste a lot better.  I'll take it though.
God Mode - Reco
2,484,657,475 - GaijinPunch - ALL (Lx0)

Lx0... :rolleyes:

Sorry for the shit picture.  My wife has the good camera, and the LCD on this pocket one broke, so I can't turn off the Flash. :(

Sperrfeuer

EOJ

Yes, excellent job. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!
My score archive

GaijinPunch

The score is very beatable.  I'd say I gave away an easy 300 mil on stage 5 (and a hard 500 mil).  I DEFINITELY gave away an easy 300-400 on stage 3.  Even though I didn't maximize, stage 2 was a pretty solid run.

Going to dick around w/ the other modes.  Maniac feels really cheesy in comparison.  I don't like that they cut down the bullet count.

EOJ

What do you usually end Stage 2 with? I've been getting 1.1~1.2 billion lately, which I think is pretty good (about 300mil on stage 1 with these scores).

Maniac mode is great, give it some time (you can still get the on screen display to disappear if you trigger the multiplier at the right time, but it's a lot harder than in 1.5). I like the Death Smiles aspect of how carrying over your multiplier to the start of a new stage can really pay off. I do that for the start of Stage 2 (hint, hint).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Best score *after* stage 2 boss, w/ bonus and everything was probably 1 billion w/ 25k or so in gold... means you can jack that second plant for a 150 mil if you have ninja timing (which I don't).  On that note, my best up before the boss is about 950 mil.  I generally screw up somehow on him.  I finally have some confidence to no-bomb him though.  His 2nd form 2nd wave sucks... starting in the top corner is the key!

GaijinPunch

Maniac Reco
421,170,135 - GaijinPunch - ALL

I don't think you'll ever see that score change.  Definitely not feeling Maniac... at all.  The whole fast-forward bosses thing lost me.

KOMA

Maniac Reco
357,924,686 - TUG - Stage 5 Boss

Only one credit today with i think a good score in maniac for me.

EOJ

QuoteI don't think you'll ever see that score change.  Definitely not feeling Maniac... at all.  

Too bad.  :( If you play it like 1.5, it's not too fun. You really have to approach it in a whole new way, due to the way your counter increases with the C shot like in Mushi 1, and the ability to approach the bosses differently. For example, I trigger the x9999 multiplier on the first form of the ST1 boss, then use the second form to get the gold up to x8000-x9000 for the start of Stage 2, which I use for a huge 40-50mil scoring spot, giving me 80-90mil right after the start of the stage (and 215+Mil by the end of the stage). There's all sorts of stuff like that in Maniac, it really requires a lot of planning and rethinking of the levels, especially if you're used to 1.5.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

1.5 is definitely not fresh in my head.  If anything, I play it more like God mode, which playing exclusively first is probably what ruined it.  Basically, I don't think they should've made Maniac any easier, and as stated before, I don't really care for the sped up bosses.  It's also hard to recalibrate w/ the (effectively) larger hitbox.

I gave Original a go and enjoyed it.  Got to the last boss last night, but w/ no remains.  Need to work out a few jackass deaths and I'll do good. That thing is all about getting to the last boss w/o bombing.

EOJ

Well every mode is easier in BL (if you count God as an easier Ultra), due in large part to how strong your character is. Some of the bosses are harder though, even though they're sped up. The first form of the stage 2 boss is a pain in the ass in Maniac unless you bomb.

Have fun with Original mode. It's certainly the most rush-inducing of the three.

My God mode practice continues. I ended stage 2 with 1.25bil today once. My Stage 2 pattern is pretty solid. Too bad I keep messing everything up in Stage 3.
My score archive