Deathsmiles 2 [CAVE PCB, 2009]

Started by EOJ, January 06, 2009, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw

A friend of mine owns the ASUS version and it was delivered with: AMD Athlon X2 7750
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

peg

Yeah I went back through some of the posts and it looks like the cpu can be either one and is not tied to a specific motherboard.  I still wonder if that alone can account for all the slowdown. It's only 100 mhz difference.

buffi

This is 100% speculation, but wherent the ds2 hardware pretty poorly cooled.
Could thermal throttling be relevant?

EOJ

Has anyone here owned the rental version PCB? Knowing CAVE, it's possible they just used cheapo parts for these, considering the PCBs more or less disposable within a year or two, and to maximize profits.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

calle

Hi guys! Has the OS image successfully been dumped? If it has been shared could someone please give me a link? Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate it.

rtw

calle

So one of the mame CHD files contains the XPe OS image?

rtw

Quote from: calle on August 03, 2022, 06:03:25 AM
So one of the mame CHD files contains the XPe OS image?

ds2_4.0.chd

Can you tell us what your endgoal is here ?

calle

Ok many thanks.
The purpose is to have a backup CF card if mine fails in the future. I guess I need to apply one of the patches since it's protected and needs the shipped USB dongle right?

rtw

There is a gotcha here. Which motherboard type does your DS2 use ?

Gigabyte or ASUS ?

If you are unsure open it up, take a picture of the motherboard and post it here.

calle

It's the Asus one - Will this make my plan fail? I had a feeling this metod would be too easy  :)

rtw

Yes that will make your plan fail.

However fear not, you can backup your own card. I have assembled a package for Windows with the correct tools. All you need to supply is a simple CF reader and a Windows machine. If you're a Linux guy, it's a lot easier!

If you are willing to go this way I will share the tools with you via DM.

calle

Ok so the CF with OS is tied to the motherboard somehow? So only Asus OS can be copied to another Asus motherboard and not Gigabyte and vice versa?
I'd gladly test to backup myself with your tools so please DM me, I'd appreciate it.

calle

I'm on Windows btw, forgot to answer that question.

rtw

I have sent you a PM.

You are correct the ASUS dump will not work properly on the Gigabyte motherboard and vice versa.