Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: cstarflare on August 16, 2010, 07:06:55 PM
I'm more excited for Pink Sweets, but I'm expecting to play Pork a lot more.

While I like Pork more overall, and find it more fun to score and much easier to pick up and play, I've probably spent more time playing Pink Sweets over the years. The time attack mode in PS is super addictive too. I will also say PS's harder mode is better than MMP's manpuku mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

supergrafx

I wish I could vote but I haven't played either one...   :'(

cstarflare

Quote from: EOJ on August 16, 2010, 07:19:15 PMWhile I like Pork more overall, and find it more fun to score and much easier to pick up and play, I've probably spent more time playing Pink Sweets over the years. The time attack mode in PS is super addictive too. I will also say PS's harder mode is better than MMP's manpuku mode.

I just expect Pink Sweets to frustrate me to point of tears fairly quickly, while I expect Pork to be much less infuriating.

EOJ

If you go with the infinite lives tactics from the start, it's not too frustrating, and it's actually a lot of fun (but still really very hard). That's the only reason I spent so much time with it. Basically play through until the end of stage 3 ~4 with jacked up rank, if you die once, restart and try again. I managed to do it with all 4 characters. With all the inevitable replays of JP players showing how it's done, more people outside Japan other than myself should be able to pull it off.

I do hope they have separate scoreboards for infinite lives "on" and "off" scores (similar to Deathsmiles' EX "on" and "off" score rankings). Best score without infinite lives I ever heard of was a 16mil ALL, by YOS.K. He'll probably be ripping up all the scoreboards on this one.
My score archive

moozooh

Wow. Cave is really trying hard porting all this stuff. Makes me wonder if they're going to drop arcade development in foreseeable future, seeing as pretty much their entire catalogue already is or announced for porting. Let's hope not, though!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Monouchi

brentsg

From Play-Asia e-mail:

Besides announcing the newest Do Don Pachi port, Cave has also scheduled a release for an Xbox360 version of Pink Sweets, the sequel to Ibara, and Muchi Muchi Pork Bundle. This disc contains both of Yagawa Shinobu's colorful shooters and will be out in 2011.

The voluptuous girls and eye candies are here in HD. The enemy characters - the five Rose Garden sisters, become player characters, be sure to try out their planes and their special shots.

Bomb, shield and counter attacks are the keys to victory, absorb your opponent's shots and look for a chance to strike back.

Muchi Muchi Pork is full of unique humor. Girls gets turned into pigs and they have to ride their motorcycle fighter jets to battle. For every tank or fighter jet you shoot down, you get a number of parachuting pigs, the more pigs you catch, the higher the score.

This game is arguably one of the friendlier Cave shooters, beginners, be sure to try this out.

SkylineR32

Ibara is the one Cave game I have played and didn't like. As I haven't played Pink Sweets I am assuming it's much like Ibara in gameplay terms. However, I am a sucker for Cute-Em-Ups so Muchi Muchi Pork is great news and one I have been dying to play ever since I first saw it. Pink Sweets is merely bonus material to me  :righton:

MX7

This is amazing news. The two games I want ported most of all being released in a physical double pack. Amazing! I'd like to get to grips with Pink Sweets a bit more. It's soundtrack is just incredible, but I remember feeling a bit nonplussed when I played a few credits of it. Of course, that's no way to judge a game, and I'm looking forward to giving it a proper appraisal.

I've only played on MMP for a few hours, but it's probably my favourite Cave game. Yagawa style scoring, bizarre and fetishistic art style, headache inducing sound effects... It just ticks all my boxes.

As far as the poll goes, they're both games I want to see ported above any other Cave game, but I'll mainly be buying this for Muchi :)

Plasmo

QuoteThis game is arguably one of the friendlier Cave shooters, beginners, be sure to try this out.

ORLY?!

Poor "beginners". Didn't know that play-asia can be that sadistic.

EOJ

I think they were just referring to MMP there. It is one of the easier Cave games.
My score archive

StarCreator

Were the girls really turned to pigs?  I got the impression that they were pigs to begin with.

Jockel

gsl

EOJ

An awesome thought crossed my mind: maybe if the PS/MMP double pack sells well, they'll do a Black Label double pack, with DFK BL and Ibara BL, instead of DFK BL as DLC. Make it happen, Cave! After all, DFK BL is a YGW game, and Ibara BL is at least part-YGW.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on August 18, 2010, 08:15:25 PM
An awesome thought crossed my mind: maybe if the PS/MMP double pack sells well, they'll do a Black Label double pack, with DFK BL and Ibara BL, instead of DFK BL as DLC. Make it happen, Cave! After all, DFK BL is a YGW game, and Ibara BL is at least part-YGW.

I'd buy that. HD graphics please.  :righton:

bcass

DFK BL will be DLC.  I'd bet $100 on it.

StarCreator

As someone who has nothing against DLC, I'd feel extremely cheated if DFK BL only came as a 2nd disc, simply because it would cost me 4x more money to obtain it.

Hive

I couldn't bring myself to vote.. I want both games equally!  :lol:

M2 is going to do a great job, if they're the ones handling the ports. <3
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

New blog post from Asada:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/09/post-d4d2.html

He says they've hired two composers to make new tracks for the port:

Pork: WASI303
Pink: Hayama Kouji

More extra content in the port will be announced before the end of the year.
My score archive

emphatic

Medal

Awesome! WASi303 is one of my favorites. I should give the PS/MMP soundtracks a good listen one of these days.

moozooh

WASi303 is great news. His work on Psyvariar series deserves nothing but praise. I wonder if we'll hear some untraditional time signatures on MMP arrange. :)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

brentsg

StarCreator

Every other port has individual volume controls for music, sound effects, and voices.  So, unless they're feeling particularly sadistic, I don't expect that to change.

emphatic

Quote from: StarCreator on September 24, 2010, 11:52:24 PM
Every other port has individual volume controls for music, sound effects, and voices.  So, unless they're feeling particularly sadistic, I don't expect that to change.

It all boils down to if it's VOICE or SFX though. In Futari, you can turn the voices way down, but each powerup pickup will be unchanged. Bullet scraping in MMP is scary.

Dave_K.

You get used to the voices, doesn't bother me anymore.  Also voices are pretty important in Pink Sweets, to let you know when your bomb is fully recharged (especially during lots of slowdown) without having to look down at the meter.

GaijinPunch

QuoteYou get used to the voices, doesn't bother me anymore.

You don't live here.  There's someone at my local post office I want to mute.  No DLC card to achieve that. :(

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on September 27, 2010, 05:04:12 AM
QuoteYou get used to the voices, doesn't bother me anymore.

You don't live here.  There's someone at my local post office I want to mute.  No DLC card to achieve that. :(

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away