The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markedkiller78

I?ve been playing Mirrors Edge on PS3. I don?t like it all that much, but it?s one of those annoying games that I want to finish, so I can put it to bed & never think about it again?..

Also been playing Left4dead on PC. Very impressive Co-op game.

drboom

Got Sapphire (bootleg) a little while ago and finally got an Arcade Card for the PC-Engine, so I played it for the first time last night. Pretty underwhelming. Bad art direction, horrid shooting sound effects - They were so bad that I stopped shooting whenever I could so I didn't have to listen to them.
Got Summer Carnival '92 - Alzadick as well and it is fantastic. Thinking of putting on a shooting event at my place once I get my HRAP in (on its way) and doing a Summer Carnival '92 contest with Recca and Alzadick.

EOJ

Just got Crimson Gem Saga for the PSP. I've played about an hour, and it's excellent so far. A fun, simple, old school RPG. Wish I could turn off the awful English voice acting, reduce the voice volume to zero, or switch to the Japanese voices. Instead, I play the game with the volume at zero. I don't feel like paying 2x the price for the JP version ("Garnet Chronicles"), so this will have to do.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Just picked up Infinite Space, the new space sim by Platinum Games.  It was crazy hard to find this game.  Sold out in Akiba and my local game stores, I got lucky that some guy had just brought one in used. 

Story's supposedly really nice, we'll see.

EOJ

Yeah, I preordered that game but ncsx.com said they couldn't fill my preorder at release, so I'll have to wait until next week. Game seems to have sold really well (and/or there was a small print run).
My score archive

Megalixir

Demon's Souls and Cross Edge for PS3.

EOJ

My score archive

KOMA

fuse

Gyakuten Kenji DSi
Guitar Hero World Tour full band (normally a much bigger fan of Guitar Freaks, but got this for ?40 new!)
Shooting Love 200X en route from EOJ :)

NR777

Latest two were RAF and a used copy of Ninja Gaiden 2.

EOJ

Got this X360 stick earlier in the week, from dmauro:

All Seimitsu parts. Haven't been able to test it out because he forgot to send the cable, and apparently he still hasn't sent it.   ???
My score archive

bucklemyshoe

^^^I really wanted that stick :(

...however just bought BlazBlue for 360 and loving it!

Megalixir

Bought a Neo Geo Pad 2, hasn't arrived yet though.

I also ordered the EEPROM for Batsugun Special.

dmauro

You should have that cable tomorrow. I forgot to PM you, but I sent that cable out the other day and it said it would take 3 days.

EOJ

Quote from: dmauro on July 05, 2009, 12:10:49 PM
You should have that cable tomorrow. I forgot to PM you, but I sent that cable out the other day and it said it would take 3 days.

Thanks.  :)
My score archive

necpmf

Ast-Kot

Very beutiful stick EOJ, especially the artwork..... ;)

I've also modded my ps2 Hori fighting stick for my 360 with a LS32 seimitsu and sanwa buttons but now I wont to try the seimitsu buttons too.... :)

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

HVL

Nabbed a TE off amazon.co.uk and got a notice it has been shipped already. :righton:

Ast-Kot's stick looks pretty sweet too. In fact, after seeing it, I decided to go with pink LS-32 and PS-15s. :laugh:

throne_of_wolves

EOJ, that DDP stick is absolutely beautiful! Did you get it custom made?

Anyway, my most recent purchases were...

Power Drift
Galaxy Force II
Fantasy Zone
Detana! Twinbee
Sengoku Blaede
Layer Section
Kingdom Grandprix
Shin Shinob Den

...all Jap Saturn.

Hoping to add an Ibara PCB to that within the month or so  =D.

EOJ

Yeah, the DDP was custom made, but I sold it a few months back before I came Japan. I just got a Hori RAP EX-SE X360 stick, which is awesome (and cheap!), so I'm happy.
My score archive

EOJ

Got one of the new JP Xbox 360 Elite value pack bundles last weekend

It's quite awesome. Now I'm all set for Futari 1.5's release.  :righton:
I'll be playing the game on a 13" TV via composite inputs. It's going to be GREAT.  :laugh:
Actually, all kidding aside it's not that bad. I picked up Deathsmiles here and played it last night on
the TV - got a 194mil ALL with Casper, with the xbox 360 controller.
My score archive

Joe T.

This week I bought a few 360 games:

Bayonetta JP version
Forza 3 JP version
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame US version

I'm REALLY enjoying Bayonetta and the Pinball Hall of Fame (Medieval Madness being one of my all time favorite machines), I still haven't had the chance to play forza 3.

EOJ

I've only heard good things about Bayonetta. I'm still reluctant, as I haven't really enjoyed any game like it (such as Ninja Gaiden 2 XBox 360 or the DMC games). Do you think I'd like it anyway?

As for me, I picked up Lunar Harmony of Silver Star for the PSP last night. It's completely awesome.
My score archive

Joe T.

Regarding Bayonetta:

It is very much like Devil May Cry, except infinitely more satisfying in terms of combo-ing up/using magic to unleash bigger attacks.  The actual battles look and play much smoother and all of the weapons I've encountered so far have been great.  Way more interesting attacks to unlock as well. 

Personally I found DMC and Ninja Gaiden II to be the only 3D action games I've been into enough to spend a lot of time playing, although I found both frustratingly flawed in one way or the other (camera adjustment, unintuitive controls, mega recycling, etc).  I'm only about 4 hours into Bayonetta but it has presented none of the flaws of the two games mentioned.  I've actually had to force myself to hold off playing because of all the schoolwork I've got at the moment but I can definitely see myself playing through it enough times to unlock everything.  I can't remember the last game that I enjoyed enough to do so with.                                                            

Megalixir

Gaming PC. Also, previously Aa Mujou Setsuna and Itsudemo Bomberman for the DSi, along with:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones, Umineko no naku koro ni episodes 1 through 5 (5 is separate and 1-4 are bundled into one disc), Kirby Superstar Ultra Deluxe DS, a Hori clear case and the Saga 2 DSi.

I haven't had time for much of this shit, honestly. I've been slugging through Episode 2 of Umineko though. Really interesting game.

More here, here and here.

HVL

Quote from: Megalixir on November 14, 2009, 03:26:39 AM
I've been slugging through Episode 2 of Umineko though. Really interesting game.

Yeah, it's incredible and it gets even better in episodes 3-4.

Waiting for the episode 5 translation patch. :righton:

PsychoDiver

I picked up Raiden IV, it is pretty impressive. I wish there was more options for TV adjustment like Fighter Aces, but its not that bad.

HVL

Ordered Forza Motorsport 3 and a 1400 pointer for MFBL.

EOJ

Just got Dragon Quest VI for the DS. I've only played a bit, but it's great so far.  =D
My score archive

gsl

I suppose you won't know until the end, but is it better than IV?  I enjoyed that for about three quarters of the game until the part where they tell you, "Okay, find these four or five items in any order to proceed.  Oh, and for one of them, we hope you made careful notes of all those random hints you found in bookcases across the world, because you'll need them.  Don't remember the hints?  Well, you can just backtrack and re-read them--you DO remember where you found them, right?"