Main Menu

DoDonPachi 2 Bee Storm

Started by moebinkay, January 27, 2010, 04:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moebinkay

The DDP series still remain one of caves master pieces, and till this day all DDP's remain being played. DoDonPachi 2 Bee Storm surprisingly never came out with a bang unlike its previous installments. After research I never found out the reason why it wasn't as successful as I expected. It was never even ported, making me wonder if it was a game just to remain uptodate with your average market shmups? Or was it a failed project to begin with?

EOJ

It's not a Cave game. Thus, I moved this thread to the Arcade forum.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HUU

This game is from IGS (taiwanese company), they wanted a STG for their hardware (PGM --> PolyGameMaster).
Cave was not involved in the development, they only sold the rights to use the licence.
Bee Storm is fun, but not to be compared with a REAL Cave shooter quality-wise.

Kewing

Would anyone that has the game be able to upload a video of the staff credits? I've been trying to figure out the composers for the first 2 games, but with the info avaliable it's imposible to know for sure (no credits on the DDP/ESP OST and the satff credits on the first DDP, and ambiguous info on the DDP 2 OST ).
I'm almost 100% certain that each has been done by different artists, as they're too different in style.