Main Menu

Trouble Witches Neo! [XBLA]

Started by CHR_AeON, October 14, 2010, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sh00g

Dat ENG VA. :laugh:

I wonder how terrible the xbla co op is going to be. If its good, it'll be a surprise to me.

lam47

How different is it to the PC version? I have just been playing it and find the mechanics a little dull.

lam47

It's a bit different is the answer. And I am enjoying it a lot more after some more time with the game.
Has anyone else noticed that in the Pumpkin, Girl Shop; there are three 360s? One of witch is suffering from the RROD. I wonder how funny Microsoft think this is.

SuperPang

Bought it too. My first taste of TW.
This is fantastic value, for 800 MSP you get as much as with your $80 Otomedius. I like that the arcade version is there and they've spruced it up nicely for the arrange mode. Despite all of this I'm struggling to enjoy it. You're spot on saying the mechanics are dull. It's got nowhere near the depth and excitement of Deathsmiles, and painfully I know it's just a matter of time until I hear some dumb fuck say it's better just because it looks nicer (if you like flash that is).

lam47

I can see that happening! And it makes me very sad.
This wont be a game that will get played and played for score but as you say it's a lot of fun for 800msp. I think it's got a good month of playing in it and for me that's pretty good.

SuperPang

Also, the moe factor makes me want to puke. It makes Deathsmiles look macho.

lam47

Score attack is best. I like all the big coins :) I'm skint at the moment though, probably why.

brentsg

That's the second time I had to Google 'moe'.

I should remember these things.

lam47

Bat in a hat with a brick. Sold!

EOJ

I'm pretty surprised by this game. Really fantastic value for $10, and the gameplay is excellent. The scoring system is really fun when you get the hang of it, and it definitely has depth to it. I don't find the game dull at all.

I've never liked shops in shooting games, and while I don't love it here, it makes sense and it's not something to drag the game down.

There's some great nostalgic feel to this game I can't quite put my finger on. Sorta reminds me of 16 bit games and early Neo-geo stuff.  :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999