Main Menu

Super Meat Boy [XBLA/Wii]

Started by EOJ, October 24, 2010, 02:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I downloaded this today (XBLA version) after trying the demo. Got past the first world, and I'm enjoying it - it's definitely a good old school challenge. Most people seem to be liking this game quite a bit.

Only downside is it seems to be glitchy - I tried to exit the game back to the dashboard, and the screen went black and froze. Had to reset the 360.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

twoup

I've been playing this a lot lately but after a while it really hurts my hands. Works amazingly well with a joystick but there's no option to configure the controls (I hate this, games shouldn't be released without this option) so the button placement isn't the best.

The game's so fast and smooth which is great as I tried the xbla version of N+ after playing the psp version and it seemed so slow and sluggish by comparison but regardless I welcome these ultra hard platformers with short & small stages. They're like the danmaku STG equivalent of platformers & give me some confidence in contemporary gaming. I've only done around 60-70 stages in super meat boy so far but  I can't see it getting harder then 最凶横スクアクション vol 1 & 2 on dsiware and I beat those so I reckon I can get through SMB for sure.

The game bugged out on me a bit & I lost progress a couple of times but a patch and extra chapters are on the way so it should be all good soon enough.

EOJ

Thanks for the info about the upcoming patch. I think I'll hold off playing this until that arrives.
My score archive

charlienash87

best trailer i've seen a for a game in a while
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQZeQSaXwR8
definitely gonna pick this up after the patch comes out. looks nice and challenging
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

I hear the sale price of 800 points will increase to 1200 in November, so you might want to buy it before the patch is released.
My score archive

thestreetzking

Im on world 4, its a lot of fun. Some of the secret characters are HARD to unlock. Theres some videos on youtube of unlocking KID (I think thats who it is), seems impossible. I have been using meat boy the whole time though, I am enjoying this a lot more than N+

Also theres the dark world if you havent noticed, after you A+ a level you can play the dark world level.

Also -1 levels, when the girl glitches out you go to a -1 which is like a warp zone where you get 3 lives. Its really hard though, not sure how many there are, I think 1 per world

twoup

I unlocked the kid about a week ago, it was pretty tough. I used an xbox pad for that particular attempt and after doing the stages my thumb (on the button hand) was red, sore and swollen for days afterwards. Once the kid's unlocked though it makes life a lot easier as far as bandage collecting goes.

caincan

from the videos,  sounds like the smooth but difficult ! flying movements  of  "the quest of KI"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzMZ_O4JnZk