Monthly Competition #1 Espgaluda Tateha (March)

Started by jpj, February 25, 2008, 07:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

Espgaluda Tateha

okay, so this is a high score competition on espgaluda using the character tateha.  and scores can be from either the pcb or the ps2 version.  obviously default settings, and please post current scores.  if you place quite high on the table, a pic of the score would be great.  the competition will run through march, and the person with the lowest score can choose whatever cave game they like for the next month's competition :)  and if it goes quite well, we could maybe do another thread chronicling the top 3 scores for each month's competition.

but anyways, if you can post scores in this format:
name - score - stage

ESPGaluda
1. Icarus - 53,601,210 - All
2. GaijinPunch - 41,391,330 - All
3. CRI - 36,360,350 - All
4. EOJ - 35,713,060 - All
5. freddiebamboo - 34,518,320 - Stage 5-2
6. jpj - 32,409,010 - All
7. RGC - 23,118,920 - Stage 5-2
8. Kaede - 21,931,180 - Stage 5-2
9. MX7 - 20,579,420 - Stage 5-2
10. cannonball - 13,833,420 - stage 4
11. Sycada - 11,117,340 - Stage 4

MX7

Ace, I look forward to being frustrated by the stage 2 boss's final attack in my new, slow female form. Also, if I come last, I'm picking Mushi Ultra. Just a warning.

EOJ

I'm going to get a score of zero so I can choose the next month's challenge - Mushi Futari Ultra with Abnormal Reco, BLINDFOLDED.:laugh:

On a more serious note, it'll be fun to fire up Galuda again. Haven't played it in ages.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Sycada

I'll bring Galuda to work and play at lunchtimes. There's a stack of PS2 dev kits not being used for anything ;)
It's gonna be pretty hard for me to play it at home since my Futari board has just arrived and I can't imagine straying from that for a while. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far!

RGC

My ESP2 kit should turn up today. Hopefully I can switch between 1 & 2 without too much grief.

Had a couple of runs with Tateha last night - this is gonna be interesting! :oogle:

Edit: I have plans for Dangun Ship A should I come last ;)

gsl

In the future, I cast my vote for the selection of a game either emulated in MAME or reasonably easy to find in an arcade; it does me no good to have my copy of ESPGaluda 5,000 miles away.  I'll see if I can't hunt down a local arcade that carries the board before the month's over, though.

freddiebamboo

Good idea jpj :D

I'll throw up some scores when the time comes mate.  Maybe I'll even grow to like Galuda again...

GaijinPunch

I realize that the scales would be tipped horribly in my favor, but at some point, we should not ignore Arrange mode.  It is a lost gem (that wasn't really lost).  Most don't know, but Ikeda whipped it together in I believe 3 days.

Harlequin

Yay, a comp i can play in :)

Ill definatly come last, next month its Ibara :D

Harlequin

GaijinPunch

Notes: Keep in mind that the score boards aren't split.  If you have high Ageha scores and plan on clearing the game, you will need to beat your Ageha scores or have a different memory card to see your actual clear score.

Suggestions: Why not make it 3rd place picks the next months game?  I can easily see someone giving a cock score to play the game of their choice.  3rd will take some work.

MX7

I don't know, I can't really see anyone arsing around just to get the pick? I know I'm going to try my hardest to aim for that coveted second from the bottom position :laugh:

Tried a serious run for the 1st time yesterday and got a measly 16 mil, even though I got to 5-2. I swear the first few stages are a tad easier to score in with Tateha. The barrage in 5-1 is substantially harder with the slower ship movement though, and I found myself using kakusei power purely for survival, which I don't really start doing until the stage 5-1 boss. Still, it's a very interesting challenge, and has certainly given the game a new lease of life!

RGC

I had a quick blast yesterday and ended on around 12mil. =/

freddiebamboo

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/freddiebamboo/01-03-08_2025.jpg

freddiebamboo - 29,471,650 - 5-2

Still not nuts on the game but it does have its charms and it is certainly more interesting using Tateha.  I'll keep going and try for the 1CC which I never got when I originally played this.

EOJ

Nice start freddiebamboo. I played a credit the other day and it was total garbage. :/
Will have to practice a bit to get back in the swing of things. I've played this game about 5 times in the past 2 years.
My score archive

freddiebamboo

I know what you mean, I found it very hard to recall how to do everything, especially stage 1 for some reason.  I've been off work the past couple of days after doing my back in so I've had nothing better to do than play this :)

Kaede

My opening gambit:

Kaede - 19,188,940 - Stage 5-2 :oops:

GaijinPunch

Even with my 39 million score, I've never scored high on stage 1... ever.

jpj

jpj - 13,636,090 - Stage 4

:oops:

played 3 credits for the first time in ages, and got 11, 12, and 13.  very difficult getting back into the swing with this game.  i find the stage 3 boss very tough with tateha's slow movement, and i can't even beat stage 4 yet  :oops:

keep 'em rolling in folks  :)

jpj

jpj - 19,197,600 - Stage 5-2

beating kaede by 9k  :lol:

(man, i forgot how good this game is)

Kaede

:D

I actually broke 20m today but left the memory card in :o :laugh:

Deffo think I can 1cc this as Tateha if I can keep enough lives for that final boss.

EOJ

Nice scores guys.

Regarding the pick of the next game, since people have varying opinions on how to choose it, I've decided I'm going to choose it because this is my forum. :laugh: But before you freak out, I'm not going to choose the game but rather I'm going to choose WHO choses the game. I'm simply going to put all of the names of the participants into a hat, and pull out one, and they will choose the next game.

I think that sounds fair enough. Any objections (seriously, if people think this is a terrible idea I won't do it)?

Oh, and I'm also thinking of handing out some prizes to the winners. Nothing too fancy, probably just some CAVE fliers or something like that.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch - 25,122,560 - 5-2

I should get an extra 5 mil for playing on yoko on an LCD (long story -- waiting on a cable)

EDIT: I forgot how bad this game fucks you when you die.

Harlequin

STAGE 5! FUCK! Talk about intimidation.

Ok ill definatly be last. :D

Good idea EOJ with who picks, really i wouldnt want to pick the next game anyway,
im only limited to MAME and PS2 :oops:

Harlequin

Kaede

CRI

i also played a run yesterday and end with 24mil and the last form of the finnal boss had nearly no energie left.
i have read somewere about a safespot at the last form of the finnal boss.
did anyone know were this safespot is?

jpj

updated.

@CRI: i think i remember seeing something like that on either the AEX website, or ex-goku's youtube channel, but i might be wrong...  

please post scores guys so i can fill up the table :)

@EOJ: i don't mind.  i just didn't want any convoluted voting etc, and last place choice is kinda like a consolation prize, but it's up to you  ;)

jpj

jpj - 20,681,930 - Stage 5-2

oh, and i figured out how to take out the last boss's final form - you just gotta hold down the C button

EOJ

Quote from: jpjoh, and i figured out how to take out the last boss's final form - you just gotta hold down the C button
What does that do, induce some super-slowdown? And are you playing on the PCB? If so, I'm not sure if that will work the same way on the PS2 version. Will have to experiment.
My score archive

jpj