Main Menu

5pb to make games for the PS3

Started by EOJ, February 11, 2011, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/12/5pb_ps3_titles/

Cyberfront/Grev started the PS3 movement for X360 developers with Mamoru-kun, and now we see 5pb jumping on board. Wonder who will be next.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

I certainly hope I won't have to buy a PS3 in the next few years. Good to know most of the good recent shmups of the last 1.5 decades have already made it through on the x360 (best Cave, Seibu, and Treasure at least). >_>

[EDIT]
Ah, so Chiyomaru is going for multiplatform, not PS3 exclusive, that's a good move indeed. Hope it'll turn out alright for 5pb, we need more active shmup developers nowadays to keep the genre as alive and fresh as reasonably possible.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Yeah, I doubt we'll see any major, retail PS3 exclusive 2D shooter releases. But it'll be nice if those who only own a PS3 can join in on some of the X360 shooter fun. :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Cave seem fed up with MS and sales have dropped so it wouldn't surprise me if they went multi-platform at least. It's up to Sony I guess. They should've courted Cave from the start rather than being so anti-2D.

brentsg

It seems the games that are on the PS3 are still 3-D though, right?  So Cave wouldn't really work out even if they could overcome the dev fee issues.

njiska

Quote from: SuperPang on February 12, 2011, 07:58:24 AM
Cave seem fed up with MS and sales have dropped so it wouldn't surprise me if they went multi-platform at least. It's up to Sony I guess. They should've courted Cave from the start rather than being so anti-2D.

That seems like a rather expensive investment though. If they can over come it, then that's definitely a possibility. However there's no real region locking on the PS3 which doesn't seem to be what Cave likes.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!