April 2011 Competition - Muchi Muchi Pork 1.00

Started by Aliquantic, March 29, 2011, 03:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aliquantic

I'm curious to see how much interest there is for friendly scoring contests like the old monthly competitions, so here it goes!

Muchi Muchi Pork 1.00/PCB, the deadline is April 30th, all defaults and any character is allowed.

Ranking:

1. 137,219,980 - TJB - ALL - Momo
2. 95.533.580 - Sparda - 1-4 Boss - Momo
3. 61,361,300 - ALQ - 1-4 - Momo
4. 59,638,230 - Tim - 1-5 - Ikuo
5. 59,533,090 - RGC - 1-4 - Momo
6. 58,899,870 - CSF - 1-4 - Rafute

EOJ

Great idea for a contest, I hope lots of people participate. I will sit this one out, because I have played the game more than most people here.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

crackfox

I have been playing 1.00 but n ot for very long so when i get a half decent score i will participate!!  =D

jheiger

I will be posting a score too.  But it might be embarrassing.  How bout EOJ isnt allowed to look at the scores either :-[

cstarflare

So let's get this rolling

58,899,870 - CSF - 1-4 - Rafute

Once I stopped playing with Ikuo I started having a lot of fun with Pork. Definitely going to improve this.

RGC

tjb

welp that's incentive enough to participate

71,208,800 - TJB - 1-4 - Momo

Will attempt to improve throughout the month~

Aliquantic

61,361,300 - ALQ - 1-4 - Momo

... after a few days of playing while sick, and all I can say is that 1.01 feels so much easier :-\ I have the feeling 1.01 spawns fewer random medals than 1.00 too, very notably after the first stage 4 midboss or on the stage 1 boss.

EOJ

Quote from: Aliquantic on April 07, 2011, 01:47:00 AM
I have the feeling 1.01 spawns fewer random medals than 1.00 too, very notably after the first stage 4 midboss or on the stage 1 boss.

I've actually found more random medals in 1.01 due to being able to hold the lard attack longer, which results in more of them popping up. Other than that, I'm pretty sure both versions are the same in this regard.

Nice scores guys, keep them coming.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Since MMP 1.00 is pretty much my favorite game ever, and to encourage more competition, I'll offer a prize to the winner:

A copy of the X360 port of Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label with sealed preorder-only booklet!

So get working on those scores, folks! Do note you need to register your score on the xbox live leaderboards to be eligible for this prize. Also, to be fair, anyone who posted any scores on the PCB version here before is ineligible.
My score archive

RGC

Wow, generous offer man!

My problem is controlling rank. It seems to make little difference whether I suicide down to last life on stage 1 boss, then allow extends to build up again, compared with stockpiling every extend from the get go - regardless, I still end up approaching max rank by mid stage 4.

Time to put Ketsui and other distractions aside! :)

Aliquantic

Thanks a lot EOJ for the prize and the front page plug :)

RGC, there indeed isn't much you can do to control the rank and you won't do much more than slow it down a bit, so it probably isn't worth it to suicide just to keep the rank in check (even if milking the stage 1 boss may be pretty tempting). Especially if you're like me and have so many stupid deaths all the time, even after a fair amount of Training  :facepalm:

RGC

Yeh, in at least one of the replays I've watched, the player doesn't suicide at all (and reaches loop 2). Might have to try that approach myself. :)

Shalashaska

So I finally tore myself away from Hard Corps Uprising to give MMP and PS their due. This competition is a good place to start I suppose but I'm horrible at MMP.  :-[ Oh well, somebody has to be last.  =D

46,558,350 - Tim - 1-4 - Blue (Whatever her name is)

tjb

Blue = Ikuo
Pink = Momo
Yellow = Rafute

Absolutely spewing, I improved on my posted score by quite a bit but only just realised that you have to play score attack to upload scores, shows how often I actually connect my 360 to the internet!

Online I am GAIN573 (gain being the name I stole from the one and only for my IIDX dj name and 573 being the konami number)

Sparda

Hi guys ^_^, first post on cave-stg's forum  :) please forgive me for my english   :righton:

How can i "prove" my score if i already have another score in the leaderboard with the 1.01 (gamertag SubuTexMex, yesterday, i was still at the 31 place)

75,544,620 - Sparda - 1-4 - Momo

EOJ

Quote from: Sparda on April 13, 2011, 02:34:32 PM
How can i "prove" my score if i already have another score in the leaderboard with the 1.01 (

Use a different gamertag. It's easy to make a new one on your xbox. I use one just for MMP 1.00 scores.
My score archive

Sparda

95.533.580 - Sparda - 1-4 Boss - Momo

Gamertag: IscarioteSXIII

Shalashaska

tjb

109,895,870 - TJB - 1-5 - Momo

GAIN573, my replay is up on the leaderboards.

Probably the most retarded attempt at milking the st3 and st1 boss ever and the grand finale of ramming into the 1-5 boss, very weird credit. This is probably the first credit where I actually dodged something from the st4 boss.

tjb

137,219,980 - TJB - ALL - Momo

GAIN573, replay is up on leaderboards.

Second half of stage 3 continues to be the bane of my existence.

RGC

Even though I'm almost hitting the second extend on stage1, I haven't had that breakthrough run yet. Stage4 murderises me every time, around the diagonal shot section.

100m before the deadline, and I'll be happy.

stingerNES

stingerNES - 167,380,460 - ALL - Ikuo

Xbox live name: stingerNES

RGC

Well, it didn't quite happen. Final score I'll be submitting:

69,000,000 - RGC - 1-4 - Ikuo

Don't have the latter digits to hand, but can update later if need be. Good competition! :)

EOJ

OK, looks like this is over. Wish more people participated, but I hope you all had some fun.

Congrats to member stingerNES for his great 167mil score! A copy of DDPDOJBLEX is coming his way.  :)
My score archive