Main Menu

Sine Mora (XBLA)

Started by Orochi S, March 21, 2012, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi S

Anyone else given this a try? I just got it a couple of hours ago. Not sure how great it is a shooter compared to something like Under Defeat, but it seems fun and interesting in its own way...

Warning, though - it's a joke trying to play with an arcade stick, even though it claims to support them. You have to use the Xbox pad's analogue stick to play properly... :-\

EOJ

I got it yesterday, and I like it. It looks awesome, and feels different from other shooters. All the voicework in Hungarian is super cool too. Probably not a game I'll play for score, but I will play it for a 1 CC.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Bartlebooth

I completely second the love for Sine Mora and invite every player who is afraid to claim that love to support it urgently since a horde of angry facebook shmup/spammers is about to have the game patched and responsible for, I am afraid of it, a drastic change in the wonders of truly brilliant new ideas that Suda brought with SM

I'll copy/paste something I've written elsewhere if anyone is interested :

"
/quoting : I just hope that if they are patching for any non-glitch stuff being mentioned here that it's not going to radically change the game for those of us that are enjoying this. /end of quoting

This.

Seriously guys.

The more I play the game, the more I enjoy it and the more it appears to me that every choices in the game design is coherent, smart and a wonderful mixture between old times mechanics (raizing chain medal/rank control with items, capsules and bombs) and new ones (the "fight against time", the using of capsules)

Ok the music sucks big time.
Ok some stages are unbalanced and remaining too much on the wonderful boss fights.

Maybe they should add a speed control using a stick, even regarding that point I have no problems playing the game with one. I play it much more with a Garegga/MMP feeling and since I am playing this way I find the game even more challenging and more Raizing stylish.

Random attacks with boss ? And so what ? I love that mechanic plus the more I am playing the more I feel the attacks forms are linked to rank or maybe to your primary target (focusing on the nasty cannon and killing it quickly seems to get the other ones to be nastier)
Random drops ? When I do a perfect run on a stage I have ALWAYS the same amount of items at the end of the stage (Did anyone said Raizing ?)

It seems to me that most people have played the ugly demo story mode for 5mns, got crazy and spammed every shmups blog on the planet without even TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY (buy the full version, play it arcade/hard, read the fucking manual)

What pisses me the most is probably the way that players want the game to fit their desires without even trying to embrace the game's mechanics nor its flow.
I would find it extremly sad for this generation to be the one where creators would become subject to angry facebook masses's urges, especially when those masses didn't take the time to pay attention to those creators's genuine desires, and especially when those masses consist of old bitter people needing that EVERY GAME SHOULD LOOK AND PLAY LIKE THE ONES THEY PLAYED WHEN THEY WERE 15 YEARS OLD.

Sorry for the unfair rant but I am pissed and in love

/angry old shmup player in love with Sine Mora that apologizes for his bad english and his french origins

"

Feel free to erase my propaganda or keep it if it is of some concerns to anyone ^^

EOJ

Good post. I agree with much of what you say. The game has a lot of what great Raizing games have, so if you don't like that you probably won't like this either. For example, random item drops and random boss patterns are found in MMP and PS, and PS starts you with a pee-shooter whenever you die, which feels a lot like this game.

The time aspect at first seems daunting or annoying, but once you learn how to pick apart the bosses, it becomes a non-issue as every piece you destroy on a boss adds to your time. This is another thing that feels like a Yagawa game (picking apart bosses piece by piece). Also, meeting the time limits reminds me of Pink Sweets' score attack in particular.

I've said it before, but man, the graphics in this game are so beautiful. My wife came in and saw me playing and said "wow, this looks really nice! Much better than your other shooting games!". She actually sat and watched me play a bit, which she never does.

I think when people spend more time with it they will warm up to the game.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

supabok

I have to agree with everything mentioned here about this game!!
it's an absolute joy to play and a nice change from the bullet hells I'm used to playing.

The graphics are top-notch, and for the price, i think it's excellent and worth it!

MagicT

I did not like the first time, the game system...
However, a few rounds, the game is very enjoyable!
(There's a few annoying things: random item's / tokens or poorly visible terrain and some similar..)

Overall was a good and fun game!
And fantastic visuals  :righton:

Story mode very easy, I completed 1cc second day of playing.
Arcade mode will be much harder.

Is it good for the game now, after a lot of bullet hell's  :)

Orochi S

I have to echo all of the praise that this game has getting - the more I play it, the more I'm enjoying it. How nice it is to see a shooter being done differently and being so fresh and satisfying to play. Great!!  :righton:

Dazzyman

Lovely game.  Think it's pretty spot on, like the time limit, only thing I'd tweak would be random drops and for using sticks  :)

charlienash87

my stick works flawlessly, or should i say Monouchi's stick does.

everything about this game is beautiful. it plays wonderfully and has a lot of variety that will draw me back for a long time. the music is spectacular along with the all hungarian voicing. was really excited to see that it has rank, scoring, and medal chains to add some depth. this game is an instant classic, just like no more heroes (thx suda51). first time i've ever actually paid attention to the story of a STG too. glad to see a lot of originality in this day and age, not to mention no slutty 12 year old lolis!

oh, those who are complaining about random drops and random bullet patterns which actually make you think and test your reactions keeping you on your toes, go back to playing ikaruga with your eyes closed and shut your damn mouths, sheesh
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Orochi S

Quote from: charlienash87 on March 27, 2012, 02:00:23 AM
my stick works flawlessly, or should i say Monouchi's stick does.

everything about this game is beautiful. it plays wonderfully and has a lot of variety that will draw me back for a long time. the music is spectacular along with the all hungarian voicing. was really excited to see that it has rank, scoring, and medal chains to add some depth. this game is an instant classic, just like no more heroes (thx suda51). first time i've ever actually paid attention to the story of a STG too. glad to see a lot of originality in this day and age, not to mention no slutty 12 year old lolis!

oh, those who are complaining about random drops and random bullet patterns which actually make you think and test your reactions keeping you on your toes, go back to playing ikaruga with your eyes closed and shut your damn mouths, sheesh

Playing with a stick doesn't work nearly as well as an Xbox pad - you can only move at a full speed, but the game seems designed for analogue speed control. I've played the game through with both controller types and the pad feel miles better.

Also, I really think the game could do with some slutty animal-lolis to spice things up a bit ;) Maybe in Sine Mora 2...