Mushihime-sama Futari ver 1.5 [Strategy guide]

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 04:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: Schrodingers cat on December 29, 2009, 11:00:46 PM
EDIT:
Quote from: EOJ on December 29, 2009, 10:57:49 PM
Stage 2 boss - second phase rotating balls (~50+mil), final phase (~50+mil)

Damn, sounds like you have to cash-in on the balls and then go through the 2nd phase 1 or 2 more times in order to milk enough gems to cash in for the last phase... so risky but totally sounds worth it.

Yes, the stage 2 boss takes some practice, but becomes routine after awhile. You can get over 100mil on that boss alone, so it's a must to learn how to milk it if you want a good score.

Basically in phase 2 you fill up on gems in the first set of balls to max your multiplier, cash in the x9XXX multiplier on the second set, then fill up on gems on the third and final set (it fills you back up to 9999). You have to time the destruction of the second phase to coincide with the destruction of the third set of balls, otherwise it won't work. Then you have to use this multiplier on the SECOND loop through all of the last phases' bullet patterns. I usually bomb at the end of the first wave (or 'bullet loop'), but pros can manage to navigate through it without a bomb. Still, one bomb and scoring on the second loop with a x8XXX multiplier gives more points than scoring at the end of the first loop with a x9999 multiplier, so it's worth it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lam47

I only really play Manic BL but as lots of people have scores for Original 1.5 I thought I would give it a go. The constant shot switching is driving me slightly mental. I'm glad they increased the gap in BL.
How do you guys manage? Do you glance up at the multi or watch for the gems to change.
I have trouble with the glancing way as I have week irises (its true) And it takes me a while to focus after switching my view from one spot to another. About a second and a half. So every time I glance up and back I loose about 3 seconds of focus where everything looks a bit blurry.
I know it holds me back a lot in shooters :(

EOJ

After while you can basically switch without having to look, once you memorize a pattern for each stage. When I need to look, I usually look at the counter that flashes and fades near your character. Try looking at that instead of the one in the upper left.

My score archive

lam47

I have been trying that too. I think its going to be the best option. The colours are even far to similar for me.
Thanks mate I will persevere and see how it goes :)

Lunchbox

It's only me or stage 3 is harder than stage 4, in original mode?
I think yes (for first time on a stg), and not only the stages but also the bosses.

...still can't defeat stage 5 boss...
No arcades in Spain.

gsl

So I'm getting back into 1.5 Original, and am starting to get through the bullshit in the last quarter of stage 3 so I can face the boss more consistently.  The boss is a real prick, though, especially the pattern on his last life bar.  Are there any sweet tricks to keep in mind, or should I just spam Training mode a lot on 1 life until it gets easier?

EOJ

No real tricks there. Just need good dodging skills.  :righton: A lot of people just bomb there (I do it often as well).
If you use Normal Palm you can hold his shot, which causes some helpful slowdown to help you navigate.
My score archive

Medal

Quote from: EOJ on December 30, 2009, 12:44:51 AM
Quote from: Schrodingers cat on December 29, 2009, 11:00:46 PM
EDIT:
Quote from: EOJ on December 29, 2009, 10:57:49 PM
Stage 2 boss - second phase rotating balls (~50+mil), final phase (~50+mil)

Damn, sounds like you have to cash-in on the balls and then go through the 2nd phase 1 or 2 more times in order to milk enough gems to cash in for the last phase... so risky but totally sounds worth it.

Yes, the stage 2 boss takes some practice, but becomes routine after awhile. You can get over 100mil on that boss alone, so it's a must to learn how to milk it if you want a good score.

Basically in phase 2 you fill up on gems in the first set of balls to max your multiplier, cash in the x9XXX multiplier on the second set, then fill up on gems on the third and final set (it fills you back up to 9999). You have to time the destruction of the second phase to coincide with the destruction of the third set of balls, otherwise it won't work. Then you have to use this multiplier on the SECOND loop through all of the last phases' bullet patterns. I usually bomb at the end of the first wave (or 'bullet loop'), but pros can manage to navigate through it without a bomb. Still, one bomb and scoring on the second loop with a x8XXX multiplier gives more points than scoring at the end of the first loop with a x9999 multiplier, so it's worth it.

Ah, very good info here! This is actually (mostly) what I came to ask about. I was actually hoping you had some idea of how to dodge the S2boss's 3rd form whirly pattern, but I suppose I'll be bombing it, too :P
I'd also guess that, since the hitbox is longer than it is wide, it would be a better idea to dodge the 2nd form's balls' shots vertically as opposed to horizontally? I haven't tested this much, though.

About the stage 4 boss: As soon as I learned how to NMNB (or NM1B? don't remember) the stage 4 boss (Maniac), I quit playing, so my memory is hazy, but do you have any tips for timing the huge-scoring pattern? I was never able to get it properly, though I may just have needed more practice.

For the falling balls that shoot out more falling balls, I had some kind of loopy little pattern where I'd dodge near the bottom-right corner, but is there a widely-used, consistently safe pattern for that? That pattern sucks.

TimingTripod40

Been working on 1.5 Maniac for a few days now and I just can't seem to get down the Stage 2 Boss milking. I can easily get up to where he makes the 2nd set of orbs but then I'm having problems. I see in replays the first orb is supposed to go down fast and you only have to dodge one ring of those shots it makes. Sometimes that's what happens with me but more often the orb just won't go down I get hopelessly overwhelmed. Is there some trick or is it just random?

Edit: Figured out a more consistent method. You just gotta point blank it as soon as it appears and move left and it'll die before you even have to dodge the bullets. Still no clue how those guys in the replays do it from the bottom but whatever

mikehaggar

I have a question for you guys regarding "cashing in" on maniac.  Now that I finally understand how the scoring works, what constitutes when one should cash in?  I would think, as soon as you get 9999, you should cash in at small spots and rebuild over and over so you can continuously get a lot of points, then drain it at the boss....but it sounds like it's more complicated than that.  Also, (this is probably related to question 1), but I'm wondering, how does one create large blue-aura gems?  Since by definition your chaining bar is empty when creating blue aura gems, what makes them big versus small?  Is it the size of the enemy killed?

TimingTripod40

You should just watch a replay but yeah you generally want to jack up your count to x9999 then cash it in on a big bullet cancel. As for the big blue gem thing it really just does depend on the enemy and there isn't anything you can do to make them all always big.

mikehaggar

Yeah, but what's counterintuitive, it seems you wouldn't want too big a cancel at x9999....it seems you'd only want little cancels most of the time so you could keep getting big bonuses.  The exception would be the end of the level...