Famicom Detective Club: The Two-Case Collection (Switch, May 2021)

Started by EOJ, June 11, 2021, 04:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I bought the Japanese LE boxed "Collector's Edition" set of this. Here are some pictures!

The set with the bonus clear files from Rakuten Books:

Inside the box, showing the cool art under the cover, the game case, and the soundtrack CD sleeve:

Inside the game case is a reversible cover, with the original art. Much better than the new cover IMO!

The reproduction of the original promo flyer:

The detailed guidebook hiding at the bottom of the box:

The two disk soundtrack CD set. Disk A contains the Famicom Disk soundtracks for both games, whereas Disk B contains the Super Famicom soundtrack to the second game:

I'm starting out with the first game 消えた後継者 kieta koukeisha ("The Missing Heir"), then I'll move on to the second one うしろに立つ少女 ushiro ni tatsu shoujo ("The Girl Who Stands Behind"). I've only played a few hours so far, but I am really impressed. This is our good friend Makoto Asada's latest work, and he has become a true master of the VN genre. Yes, in this instance he had the original material to work with, but the entire presentation is just so nice, it's hard not to be impressed.

I decided to play this one in Japanese, because I never seem to be satisfied with the English translations of VNs and I just prefer playing in the original language. For those learning the language, this one is comparatively easy to play in Japanese because it has Furigana for all the Kanji, and is fully voiced.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999