Mushihimesama Futari ver. 1.5 (new thread)

Started by drboom, May 24, 2008, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drboom

Finally posting a score here, spent a good part of the afternoon learing Maniac with Palm:

102,614,949 - drboom - Stage 3 - Abnormal

This game really is fantastic and I'm enjoying the hell out of it at the moment. Look for this score to climb.

EOJ

Decided to play a credit with Palm in Maniac (after like a year) and go for a clear. Got the last boss down to a tiny sliver of energy. Close, but no cigar. I find Palm to be way harder to use in Maniac, particularly for scoring. Especially stages 4 and 5.

MANIAC MODE - PALM
431,218,470 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss) - Abnormal

Back to Reco for me!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

MANIAC MODE - RECO
573,990,322 - EOJ - ALL (Lx0) - Normal

My score archive

EOJ

Finally broke 600mil. :D

MANIAC MODE - RECO
610,929,545 - EOJ - ALL (Lx0) - Normal

My score archive

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: EOJUltra is a memorizer (reminds me of Ikaruga in this regard) - not just for score, but for simple survival. It also takes some skills of course, but probably 90% of it is just memorizing the best possible routine (from the DVD) and carrying it out flawlessly - there is about zero room for improvisation. Once you do this parts of stages that seemed impenetrable before become far less daunting. The problem is most people give up too soon. I hadn't played Ultra in quite some time, but 2 days ago for some reason I felt like just focusing on it. After like 5 credits I beat my old score, and after 2 days I'm up to 513 mil. I also think playing and clearing God mode before this was good training/preparation.
Aren't absolutely all STGs like that, except for the ones that are significantly easier ? I wouldn't call them memorizers as long as they take some serious skills to play well once memorized, and ultra certainly seems to take a lot of skill. If even Futari Ultra can be called a memorizer and only "takes some skills", then skill is relatively absent in STGs compared to other genres -_- And that is sad.

EOJ

You have to memorize a route just to survive in Ultra. You don't have to do that in many easier shmups. That's why it's a memorizer.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

okay we just have a different definition for memorizers, I call memorizers games that require relatively no skill and only rely on memorization for success. So I don't call Ikaruga or Futari Ultra memorizers, but games like Pulstar or Metal Slug I do.

Sycada

I finally 1cc'd original mode!!! hooray!!!
I managed to get to stage 5 without dying so I had lives to burn on the boss.
Unfortunately my score was total arse because I was just trying to make it but now I can work on improving it :)

drboom

MANIAC
114,745,125 - drboom - Stage 3 - Normal
Started playing with Reco and I'm enjoying her a bit more than Palm. I have to get some more ceredits into this one. It feels like there are so many different ways to attack a stage that it's a bit overwhelming.

EOJ

Changing to Reco was a smart move! It's easier to take down the bosses with Palm, but you'll find the stages (particularly 4 and 5) are a lot easier with Reco due to her wide shot.
My score archive

drboom

I can already tell in stage 3 where there are a number of enemies that come in streams (toward the end of the level). She takes them down with little worry.

Stage 2 is no joke as far as scoring goes. Once I get some sort of timing on the icicles, I think I can really take advantage there, which will be a good chunk of scoring that's missing at the moment. Maybe I should go watch the superplay DVD again...

EOJ

Yeah, you definitely need to get a good scoring pattern going on stage 2. First aim to end the stage with at least 200mil, then work up from that if you can.
My score archive

drboom

Got to the end of the second stage boss with 87 mil (my best so far) and I can see a lot more opportunities that I'm missing at the moment. I would have cashed in on the last circular barrage, putting me somewhere around the 100 mil mark, but I died right at the end of the bosses life bar - in fact, I couldn't see any more life left! Just for yucks, I continued, shot once, and he died. That sucked.

I have to work over the huge albatross things as I can never seem to get enough from them and I know there's a helluva lot of points going missing there.

EOJ

Try and master the "squid loop" as soon as possible, which is the second phase boss milking. It's well worth the effort.
My score archive

drboom

I started out playing to work on stage 2 and the boss's second form (like you mentioned EOJ) and got a new high score. I have to go back and work stage 2 as I still am missing a lot of points, but my total is climbing steadily... MANIAC - Reco
145,282,315 - drboom - Stage 4 - Normal

Kaneda

ORIGINAL - PALM
300,449,985 - Kaneda - ALL (Lx4) - Normal

Ast-Kot

Some play today:

AST-KOT 371,518,351 ALL(x2) Normal Reko
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

Great score, AST-KOT.

I started playing Maniac with Normal Palm. It's actually a lot of fun (not sure why I never really tried this before). Best so far:

MANIAC MODE - PALM
514,183,845 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss) - Normal

I was literally a split second away from the clear when I rammed into a bullet, ending my credit.  :mad:
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Ast-Kot 398,913,115 ALL Lx3 Original Mode Normal Reko

^-^

ABC-P.F

Quote from: Ast-Kot on September 09, 2008, 10:20:39 AM
Ast-Kot 398,913,115 ALL Lx3 Original Mode Normal Reko

^-^

Very good score. Looks like the 400mil milestone is just a step away!!!

Ast-Kot

In this run I have missed a lamp during the 5? stage and the last boss shot bonus so i could not get the the last item to the get to 400milions..... :-\

jpj

i'm in a weird mood this week, it seems... actually playing games   :oogle:

Maniac Mode - Palm:
175,366,266 - jpj - Stage 4 - Abnormal

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6831/futarimaniacpdt6.jpg

EOJ

First credit in ver 1.5 Original since playing ver 1.0 Original over the past month:

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
357,518,115 - EOJ - ALL (Lx4) - Normal

No-missed to the final boss, first time I've ever done that, I think. Moral of the story: ver 1.0 is a great trainer for ver 1.5!
My score archive

toby

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
252,585,743 - toby - ALL (Lx1) - Normal

No miss to a bit after the fifth midboss, but then lost two lives pretty quickly. And final boss was a mess.

gion

Original Mode - Palm:
KAB - 312.753.496 - ALL - Abnormal

Maniac Mode - Palm:
KAB - 565.548.909 - Stage 5 - Normal

EOJ

Guess we should start charts for the Xbox 360 port modes (Novice & arrange).

Played a credit of Novice - Maniac (X360):
477,833,404 - EOJ - ALL [Lx5, Bx5] - Reco (Normal)

I could probably push it to 500~550mil, but with so few bullets you can't score as high as in arcade Maniac.

Also played 2 credits of Ultra Novice and got 1.38bil. I'll post the score or play again and beat it.
My score archive

drboom

Hey all - does someone want to start a new thread for the 360 port? Too much to keep on in one thread.  :oogle: :laugh:

PROMETHEUS

Why make a separate thread ? For the new modes ?
Nobody ever made new threads for saturn / PS versions of DDP, or PS2 versions of other Caves... Splitting fucking sucks.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on November 29, 2009, 11:00:07 AM
Nobody ever made new threads for saturn / PS versions of DDP
nobody plays them either.

EOJ

Alright, new thread opened for Novice, Arrange, and ver 1.01 scores. Post ver 1.5 scores here (including those from the X360 port).
MFBL has its own thread as well.
My score archive