Main Menu

Deathsmiles [Strategy Guide]

Started by EOJ, July 24, 2008, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

cheers thanks for the answer.  i watched a 212 mill that's probably ancient now on youtube courtesy of ex-goku, and i'm obviously not getting my 1000 skull counter as quickly as i could.  canyon seems really tough  :-X

for the recharge then, when you say bomb and go into autolock, do you hold down A+B+C i take it?  to exit power mode as quickly as possible whilst still generating gold crowns? 

nice guide by the way  ;)

EOJ

Quote from: jpj on March 13, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

for the recharge then, when you say bomb and go into autolock, do you hold down A+B+C i take it?  to exit power mode as quickly as possible whilst still generating gold crowns? 

Yeah, just hold down A+B though. The tricky part is you have to place the bomb so that the pentagram in the circle is covering an enemy. If it doesn't, the recharge won't work.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

great, thanks  :)  would it not be easier with A+B+C though..?  or does that just not work?

EOJ

I guess you could hold down ABC. I never tried it, but it's easier to just hold down AB anyway. You should hold AB just as your 'power up mode' counter is decreasing from 100>0. So I often bomb at around 400, then wait a second or two and hold AB.
My score archive

jpj

still haven't got that down yet  :-\

so anyways, i beat the game, low rank, with follett, and during the ending, you could choose one of two options.  i chose the bottom one, and then she was in the bathtub.  WTF?

and how the feck do you skip all the text in this game?  ???

do you guys all just go in and out of power-up mode as much as possible?  anyone try the whole sitting in fever mode thing?  i only had one go, but got hit by a bullet on the last stage before choosing canyon or castle.  that's tough man.  firstly, it's nowhere near as exciting as playing the game normally.  and then you could spend 15 minutes building up your +value, only to piss it all away.  tense!

EOJ

No way to turn off those damn in-game cinemas (in DS or DSMBL).

The choices are two endings - one where you stay in the fantasy land and the other where you go back to reality.
My score archive

jpj

i'm really gonna have to practice that recharge thing, but it would help a lot if i could actually see what it's supposed to be like.  obviously the volcano stage you mentioned, but also A2 has a nice spot with the large house at the end.  i didn't use a bomb, but managed to get my skull counter up to 800 straight after coming out of power-up mode, but i think it was a fluke.  really amazed by blu's 300 mill with follett without canyon or suicide bullets though  :o i'm starting to dislike this game from a scoring perspective though, and miss my MMP  :-\

EOJ

Yeah, BLU's 300mil score is great, but there's a guy on nico who gets like 440mil w/ Follett skipping the canyon and without going into "death mode" (suicide bullets).

I gave up on this game (and to a lesser extent DSMBL) because the scoring system is pretty unforgiving. One split second mistiming and your whole score is fucked for the run. Not incredibly fun after awhile.

MMP for the win! :cool:
My score archive

jpj

you couldn't point me in the right direction could you?  ;) i don't know the katakana for deathsmiles  :-X

EOJ

You're talking about the nico vids? The katakana is:

デススマイルズ

My score archive

jpj

cheers.  ico is a bit easier to navigate than i thought, but i still wish it was a bit more organised, for want of a better word.  seen the follett 332 mill replay, with suicide bullets.  i am totally playing the stages in the wrong order..  :-[

jpj

well, i better play this some more before i have to give it back.  i'm now doing canyon as well, and provided you don't go all rank 3, it's not so bad.  only played it a handful of times, but i'm gradually gettin' used to this suicide bullets and option pod business.  but is it possible to no-miss no-bomb the canyon level (and boss)??   :oogle:

Monouchi

Thanks EOJ for the guide.
I will soon also be a beginner in DS and this guide told me alot of things that I didnt know of but now will enhance my gaming experience.

Megalixir

Quote from: EOJ on October 20, 2008, 06:14:26 PM
Been playing with Windia recently for this month's competition, and I have to say the Volcano recharge is really easy with her. Just stay on the far left after you kill the blue ogre, wait for your counter to drop below 400, then just as you start moving to the right hit the bomb button, center yourself in the top middle of that big round volcano thing and hold A+B until the bomb finishes. Instant recharge. The trick is to not use the shot or laser at all during any of this (if you do it won't work).

Don't you mean red orge? The blue one is top right by the time you have to bomb.

If you moved forwards and bomb, Hou should be at the 5 o'clock position, and the pentagram should touch the green eyeballs. I've seen people use the left green eyeballs near the rock to trigger this as well. I still haven't mastered the refill just yet, but eh, one stage at a time.

Ast-Kot

I read the topic and I've a question about the life refil big item that you said that appears during the 4th stage boss's fight? there is something special things to do in order to obtain it?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

Do you mean the big cake from Jitterbug, the stage 4-2 Boss? To get it you can't bomb during the Jitterbug fight. It fills up 2 life blocks.
My score archive

Doctor Fugue

Does that cake time out? One time I didn't need it right away so I left it floating around, but then later during the Tyrannosatan fight it had apparently disappeared (and my health had not been restored, so I am sure I did not pick it up accidentally).

Megalixir

It times out. It times out around his huge cube attack/when Jitterbug is spat out.

EOJ

You can get three quick bombs off then suicide and still pick up the cake. If you wait much longer it will disappear.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I've seen the follet 400+ posted on Niko Niko....Someone know why the guy start the first stage with 120+ of counter? ;)

Ast-Kot

Could someone explain the right use of the bomb used in fever mode to improve the counter?

garrz32

Picked this up yesterday,thanks for the Guide EOJ.....very useful,just one thing...how the hell do you guys get such high scores. :-[

HVL

Quote from: garrz32 on January 01, 2010, 07:56:57 AM
Picked this up yesterday,thanks for the Guide EOJ.....very useful,just one thing...how the hell do you guys get such high scores. :-[

Get the recharging down. Basically, when you're about to exit the power up mode, fill the screen with crowns and suck them in after you've reverted back to the normal playing mode. Doing this successfully will max your item counter and you're ready to power up again.

lawnspic

4.6 Item acquisition total (+Value)
The item acquisition total, or "+Value", is the core scoring system in the game. When you reach 1000 on the item counter in normal mode, or when you enter Power-up mode, every item absorbed adds to your +Value, which acts as a point bonus added to every item you absorb. It is displayed next to your character as it increases. The maximum +Value is +10,000, which is colored a bright orange. When you reach this, you enter "Fever mode".

I am playing X360 mode and i don't understand how you enter fever mode. I don't see the counter that you describe unless this is a feature of a different mode and i tried them all. Can someone explain this aspect of the game a little better for me? I apologize if i overlooked the obvious, Thanks

HVL

Quote from: lawnspic on March 01, 2010, 02:47:16 PM
4.6 Item acquisition total (+Value)
The item acquisition total, or "+Value", is the core scoring system in the game. When you reach 1000 on the item counter in normal mode, or when you enter Power-up mode, every item absorbed adds to your +Value, which acts as a point bonus added to every item you absorb. It is displayed next to your character as it increases. The maximum +Value is +10,000, which is colored a bright orange. When you reach this, you enter "Fever mode".

I am playing X360 mode and i don't understand how you enter fever mode. I don't see the counter that you describe unless this is a feature of a different mode and i tried them all. Can someone explain this aspect of the game a little better for me? I apologize if i overlooked the obvious, Thanks

The +Value counter is near your character and only visible when you collect score items (or absorb suicide bullets) in power up mode or in normal mode when you've maxed the item counter.

When you max the +Value counter (+10000), you enter fever mode and you get tons of gold crowns from enemies. Basically all scoring is made in the fever mode.

Remember, when you're in power up mode, always let superior score items break into smaller ones, because they're worth more and will fill the +Value much faster.

lawnspic

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

Kiken

Quote from: Ast-Kot on June 15, 2009, 06:29:42 AM
I've seen the follet 400+ posted on Niko Niko....Someone know why the guy start the first stage with 120+ of counter? ;)

Tutorial glitch (similiar to the one in ESPGaluda II).  It was removed from the 360 port.

cstarflare

IIRC it's still there in arcade mode but was removed from 360 mode. It's the same with Galuda II

Kiken

Quote from: cstarflare on July 09, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
IIRC it's still there in arcade mode but was removed from 360 mode. It's the same with Galuda II

The glitch has never worked for me in the port of DS, regardless of mode.

xeldros

Can someone go into explaining the bomb recharge technique a little more deeply? I am trying to get it on the volcano stage in practice mode but I can't seem to get it.