Muchi Muchi Pork! [Strategy Guide]

Started by EOJ, December 12, 2007, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on December 12, 2007, 03:11:19 PM
Harahara Mode: At the title screen, enter the code A,B, R, R, C, C, L, B, L, A, A, U, D. You only have to enter this code once, and then it is permanently (irreversibly) saved to the PCB.
Manpuku Mode: At the title screen, enter the code R, L, L, B, B, B, D, L, U, A, B, R, C. You only have to enter this code once, and then it is permanently (irreversibly) saved to the PCB.

Harahara and Manpuku modes can be reset (turned off).  I accidentally reset my board to factory settings by going into the test menu right as the timer ran out to enter my initials.  The PCB sat at the "Wait a moment" screen for like a minute, and then went into the menu and everything was reset. My guess is the highscore table got corrupt, so it reverted to factory settings.

skykid

Thanks for this handy guide EOJ. Just a quick question, there's an option in the settings screen called 'Rank Save', and can be toggled on or off. If it's switched to 'on' does this mean the rank won't reset at any point (even when switching off the cab?)

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

markedkiller78

Ita score "rank"ings afaik.

Leave it on or your high scores won't be saved

skykid

Quote from: markedkiller78 on October 06, 2010, 12:51:28 PM
Ita score "rank"ings afaik.

Leave it on or your high scores won't be saved

Ah I see, mank thanks Mark!  :righton:

skykid

Guys, I'm sucking pork on this game!  ???

Are there any decent superplay vids going around? I found one, but it's of the second loop - no good for me!

Basically, I'm following the strat on this and have learned all the elements, but the game ranks up hard on me. I end up dying because I'm concentrating on building medals rather than watching bullets. I do always suicide on the boss at least once, but it doesn't seem to affect rank much once medals are maxed out.

When I had no idea what I was doing in this game, I made it to stage 4 on my first go. Now I'm playing for score I rarely make it to the third.  :mad:
Some decent vids (doesn't have to be someone destroying the game, that would probably be less helpful) would be great.  :-\

Dave_K.

Not sure this will help (since it is a hardcore run), but there is a 240M Ikuo 1-ALL on nicovideo here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/むちむちポーク+2.4

I also have the original video files for this run, and GER's 195M 1-ALL with Ikuo, which I could upload to the URA Loop, but seems I don't have access anymore.  :-[

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on October 22, 2010, 03:48:19 PM
@skykid:

240mil run is here:
http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=143.msg2227

Oh Kaching!  :righton:

Didn't expect this to be on here, trust me eh?  :rolleyes:

Thanks both EOJ and DaveK, I'm going to analyse tomorrow and see if I can't fry me up some decent scores.

EOJ

My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on October 22, 2010, 09:56:52 PM
Quote from: skykid on October 22, 2010, 09:46:39 PM

Didn't expect this to be on here

You need to raise your expectations.  :)

"We have detected an elevated number of requests from your IP address."

??  :'(

Quote from: Dave_K. on October 22, 2010, 03:38:06 PM
Not sure this will help (since it is a hardcore run), but there is a 240M Ikuo 1-ALL on nicovideo here:

I also have the original video files for this run, and GER's 195M 1-ALL with Ikuo, which I could upload to the URA Loop, but seems I don't have access anymore.  :-[

No Nico account.  :'( :'(

EOJ

Quote from: skykid on October 23, 2010, 07:34:33 AM

Who/what are you quoting? Elaborate.

My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on October 23, 2010, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: skykid on October 23, 2010, 07:34:33 AM

Who/what are you quoting? Elaborate.

Don't worry, Megaupload is being really fickle with me for some reason. I keep getting that message and refused the download. I checked at one point and got it to work, then the net cut off halfway through and now it won't let me in again. Dunno what's happening, guess I'll just have to wait for a lucky break.

EDIT: Oh FFS...

http://www.sgc-clan.com/showthread.php?4824-Trouble-accessing-rapidshare-or-megaupload-HERE-S-YOUR-ANSWER!

SP3RRFEUER

Is there any mmp arrange mode guide flying around?
I think rewarding risky play with high scores is important. [Toshiaki Tomizawa]

lam47

I only just worked out that you can split the gold pig heads with the lard attack. Seems you can get more fever modes per level this way.

ptoing

Also it seems that anything you destroy with your lard attack while shimmering gold is being sucked in produces 10k gold.

dimmu--borgir

Ok, starting to get better on this one. 139 mil and I'll break the 140 barrier very soon.

However, could someone please tell me how to get the most points with Rafute on boss 1. I know I can't milk and that I have to shoot some parts but not in which order. Sometimes I have obviously destroyed more parts than other runs since he shoots more bullets when I finish him off with my lard and I'll fetch ca. 15 mil on level 1. Otherwise I usually got more like 11, 12 mil.

Would love to lard him when he does the last attack with the insane amounts of blue "bullets".

Thanks

Muchi Muchi Spork

I'm having a hard time seeing any rank difference from suiciding, so much so that I think maybe the lives to rank thing might have been taken out in my revision. The only thing that seems to affect rank is where I'm at with the gold level. I have the "2007/04/17 MASTER VER." board. Was the strategy stuff written from playing an earlier version with no period after VER? I'm basically going for a 1CC and I'm getting farthest going balls out for score (extra men).

EOJ

There is a bug fixed revision of MMP, but it just fixes the freezing bug on midbosses - I think it has two dots at the end. All of the PCBs have the same rank system. Once the rank is maxed out (by stage 3 for me), suicides don't affect the rank much unless you do multiple suicides in a row. Even then, it's not that big of a decrease.

Having fewer lives in stock will make the rank increase slower, IIRC.

My score archive

Muchi Muchi Spork

My ranking seems to be ramped by that time too and I don't really have a problem with the difficulty of the first couple of stages. I sometimes don't even get an extra man until stage 3.

I don't think suiciding is for me. Never liked the concept anyway. It's annoying not seeing a rank meter and boss energy levels. Should have learned the lesson with Ibara-->Ibara Black.

EOJ

The good thing about MMP is you can play it for a 1 life clear, just like any Ikeda game. In fact, that's the only way to get to the second loop, as I'm sure you know.
My score archive

MmSadda

Quote from: Dave_K. on October 22, 2010, 03:38:06 PM

I only score in the 40mil range, and even I found there was a lot to learn from that video.

If you have trouble viewing it/don't want to sign up there, google search "nicovideo redirector" and you'll get a site where you can plug that link in.

EOJ

I uploaded a video of my ST1 boss pattern with Rafute:

https://twitter.com/cavexstg/status/1217261485153370112

It shows how I get over 20mil with her. The video is Matsuri Mode (taken from my 224mil run, done in August 2018), but I can do the same on the PCB. The pattern I made here is different from any other I've seen, so I thought it might be of use to some people.
My score archive

EOJ

Last month I asked WSM-MKZ about his ST1 pattern with Rafute, on twitter. He was kind enough to reply (note: he holds the WR with this character with a score of 233mil). He did not remember fine details, but two things stood out: 1) he said you can do more than one bomb blast on the ST1 boss if you get lucky (with the bomb blast locations), and 2) he always started a credit with Rafute by suiciding twice quickly at the start. I had a hunch as to why he did this, and then tried it myself and soon confirmed my hunch. I don't know how to do it consistently, but about 20-30% of the time if I do this I get max power. Which means every piggy item after gives you 5000 points. Since you don't need to suicide on the first boss with Rafute to score optimally there, throwing away the first two lives to get a big boost in piggy-item scoring early in the first stage is a cleverly beneficial move.
My score archive