Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete shimatta [Grev, 2009 JP X360, 2011 JP PS3]

Started by adverse, March 03, 2009, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarCreator

Quote from: MmSadda on July 11, 2011, 01:26:11 AM
Am I mistaken, or was there a version of this game on Naomi a while back?

Yes, Google tells me this was released on Naomi on July 30, 2008.

twoup

I saw a couple of 400 Yen dlc things on the playstation store went up this week, does anyone know what they are? I thought the dlc characters were already on the disc but I don't keep up with stuff like that, I think charging for extra characters is a bit miserly & don't want to support that sort of thing.

EOJ

I finally picked this up as I bought a new PS3 a few weeks ago. It's an excellent package, and the new Wide mode looks fantastic. However, the first time I played arcade mode it froze on me when I was in the 4th stage of my run, requiring a hard rest of the PS3. I played the Wide mode a bunch and it hasn't frozen on me there yet, but if you're just interested in Arcade mode the X360 is the way to go as that never froze on me. I downloaded a patch when I started up the game but I guess that didn't fix the freezing problem. I don't know how you can release a shooter that freezes like this, but whatever.

Also, is there a way to play the game like Arcade, just in Wide screen? All the Wide mode stuff I've played so far is just one stage or a couple stages.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Ooh wow, game is still freezing? After the patch mine stopped freezing. When the game first came out there were issues where the number of objects on screen on some of the challenge modes would get so huge that the game couldn't handle and it would freeze. If that's still an issue that's a real bummer because the wide mode is a lot of fun. Also story mode used to freeze for random reasons. In my experience though, I did not have any freezes after the patch.

There is no wide version of Arcade Mode unfortunately. It's all challenge modes. Grev probably predicted that people would want to compete in the wide mode so they made leaderboards for all 64 challenges, but the PS3 leaderboard protocol (or maybe how Grev implement it) is so clunky that you can only see 10 entries at the same time meaning that it's horrible to navigate. So no one is going to bother looking up individual scores on all 64 challenges.

So yeah some really poor design choices in there but I still loved the PS3 version. In fact it was a disappointment for me how few people picked it up and gave it a play. I wound up platinuming it, but then some ultra-hard DLC came out that I don't think I'll be able to beat. Anyways it's got its problems, but it's still definitely worth people's time IMO.

EOJ

It's just frozen the one time for me in Arcade mode - there was not much on the screen, as it was just as the boss was about to appear. I read on some Japanese bbs board that it might be linked to playing while signed in to PSN, so last night I played offline and it never froze. I really enjoy the game - the challenge modes are excellent fun.
My score archive

AweOfShe

Just ordered the PS3 version the other day. I was intending to wait on the game, but then I saw the hideous cover of the Best Price release. Yeah, screw that. I'd rather be vain and pay the extra $20...  :laugh:

Looking forward to starting it up though.
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

EOJ

Yeah, I also skipped on the upcoming Best Hits ver because the cover is ugly. It does include the DLC packs, but still, that cover.  :facepalm:

Anyway, enjoy the game!
My score archive

brentsg

AweOfShe

So 2 months later, and my copy FINALLY arrived. :laugh:

I did a couple of runs, and I really dig the game. Nothing really to note as of yet. The game did freeze up on me once, but that's about it.
XBox Live - AweOfShe1