Donpachi

Started by Plasmo, January 15, 2008, 07:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmo

Format:

Score - Name - Stage - Shiptype - Max Hit

And specify which version you have played.

Japan Version

1. 66,226,570 - Plasmo      - ALL - C - 206
2. 19,258,780 - AST-KOT     - 2-5 - C - 79
3. 14,273,290 - CRI         - 2-4 - C - 81
4. 13,851,160 - THE ALLETT  - 2-4 - C - ??
5. 12,721,890 - Kaneda      - 2-4 - C - 73
6.  6,936,860 - RGC         - 1-5 - C - 67
7.  6,293,320 - Shalashaska - 1-5 - C - 70
8.  3,641,860 - Geeb        - 1-4 - A - 54
9.  3,253,260 - toki        - 1-4 - C - 39
10.  3,019,150 - kernow      - 1-4 - A - 29
11.  2,963,340 - bitkid      - 1-4 - A - 31
12.  1,670,280 - gsl         - 1-3 - B - 27

International Version

1.  7,599,930 - RGC         - 1-5 - C - 61

RGC

In before the good scores.

PSX version:

6,665,380 - RGC - 1-5 - C - 57

Thanks for setting this one up Plasmo ;)

Plasmo

Actually Donpachi is one of my favourite Cave games and if i ever find the time id love to play this more often.

RGC

Remind me again what the difference is between JPN and International versions (bomb replenishment?). I was thinking of picking up the PCB if I can source it relatively cheaply. It's definitely one of my favourites too - technically 3rd in my top Cave 7, after Dangun and Mushi. :)

Plasmo

I dont have a proper score yet, but at least i figured out the main chains in stage 1 today. My best is 1.442.000 now.

Plasmo

just to have more scores on the table:

JPN Version:
7,558,460 - Plasmo - 1-5 - A - 60

Very bad run including deaths in stage 2 lol.
Come on people, play more donpachi! :)

gsl

Just an entry for the board.  I assume MAME's okay?  My copy of the game's back in the 'states with my Saturn.

Japan version:

1,670,280 - gsl - 1-3 - B - 27

After spending a ridiculous amount of time practicing DDP both on MAME and in the local arcade, Donpachi really is a definite step backwards with some of the game mechanics.  The boss patterns are clever--especially the second boss--but the game is remarkably counterintuitive as far as the user interface letting you know just where you stand on chain or how much time you have left until the chain breaks.  Plus, the amount of time allowed between hits is frustratingly small, and it isn't until level three that you can create a chain of any length without first waiting for a few waves of enemies to fill the screen.

RGC

^

RGC - 6,936,860 - 1-5 - max hit: 67 - Type C

Fuck, lost a life on ST3. Thought if I sat on top of the first hovercraft I could kill it before it started spraying bullets. Wrong!

zlk

QuoteRemind me again what the difference is between JPN and International versions (bomb replenishment?). I was thinking of picking up the PCB if I can source it relatively cheaply. It's definitely one of my favourites too - technically 3rd in my top Cave 7, after Dangun and Mushi. :)

Bombs completely replenish in the international version at the start of each stage.  The bullets and rank are lower than the JP version and the medium sized ships have less "hit points" as well.

For fun, try the HK version.  It is very difficult.

RGC

International Version (Mame)

RGC - 7,599,930 - 1-5 - max hit: 61 - Type C

I own this table! :righton:

Plasmo

Is the Int version considerably easier than the Jap version?
Oh and next time please use the proper format. :)

RGC

QuoteIs the Int version considerably easier than the Jap version?
Oh and next time please use the proper format. :)

Sorry, copy-pasted from shmups without thinking  :oops:

Well, the version I played didn't seem any different in terms of bullet speed or shot-density. But the fact you get all your bombs replenished after each stage certainly gives an advantage over the JPN release. This was my first proper run on Mame as well, i.e. using a stick instead of tinkering with the keys. Not sure if the JPN arcade has autofire, but the US version doesn't (the PSX port does).

Gonna keep playing both the PSX JPN and US Mame versions side-by-side and see which one I loop first. :)

RGC

I was talking crap in my last post. Last night I had a stage 5 run on the International version in Mame. Then went upstairs to compare it with the JPN PSX port. The latter was much faster, much crisper, and whole lot nicer to play. I'm talking everything was quicker, not just bullet speed. I don't really know what I'm doing with Mame, so there's a chance I didn't have the first game optimised for correct speed. But damn, what a difference!

I'll grab the JPN ROM later to compare with the Int version. Oh, I did beat my PSX score (to follow).

Kaneda

Japan Version:

12,721,890 - Kaneda - 2-4 - C - 73

Shalashaska

Shalashaska - 6,293,320 - 1-5 - C - 70
Japan Version via MAME

Meh, got bored and was craving some old school CAVE action. Had 2 really lame deaths on the stage 4 boss.:mad: I forgot how boring the first few stages of this game are.:laugh:

Ast-Kot

Ast-KOt 11,552,780 2-2 Type C MAx Chain 57

Play on mame, Japan version...I'm playing to reach a no-miss 1?loop..The max chain of this run is not good; i've a vid of 119hit chain...:)

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Ast-Kot

A little improvment today:

Ast-Kot 19,258,780 2-5 Type C Max 79

First loop no-miss...:laugh:

jpj

wow, great score :cool:

Ast-Kot

Thnkx....;)

There are some difference between the different region of this game...I usually play on tha Japan vers but I tried also the other vers and I think that there are no specific difference...;)

zlk

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if ast-kot has a chance it would be nice if he made a video/replay for all the donpachi enthusiasts to see.  :)  

PS Great score ast-kot!

Plasmo

Yeah a video would be just awesome.

Ast-Kot

I've some inp replay but the score is only about 15milions..now I'm working on mame to get a nice video...:/
I've obtain the 19milion score playing in a game center....;)
As soon as possible a post a good inp...:laugh:

zlk

Also, since you are in Tokyo, if you see any players who can get the 5m capacity bonus at 2-3, ask them to record a video.  I tried to get a few of the top guys to make a video, but even offering an obscene amount of money to them they refused.  Maybe you can have better luck. :)

bitkid

New score up in here! Gonna take that 6th place spot and keep climbing!

bitkid - 1,928,090 - 1-3 - Type A - Chain 36

toki

Well, I've polluted a couple of lists on shmups with my crappy scores - only fair to do the same here...

3,253,260 - toki - 1-4 - C - 39

(Edit: Japan version)
(Edit2: Sorry Plasmo, wrong format!)

THE ALLETT

Just got the saturn version at the moment, my pcb will be with me next month!
So if my score counts its;

9,342,810 - THE ALLETT - 2-2 - TYPE C - MAX CHAIN 64

BTW has the PCB got the same amount of slowdown as the saturn port?

cheers mark ;)

bitkid

Bitkid - 2,963,340 - Type A - Stage 4 - Max GP 31

Geeb

Geeb - 3.286.760 - Area 1-4 - Type A - 32 Max GP Counts

(32? Yes, 32.)

edit: that's the arcade version, japan rev.
--------------------
minor improvement: Geeb - 3.641.860 - Area 1-4 - Type A - 54 Max GP Counts

kernow

THE ALLETT

12,173,320 - THE ALLETT - 2-3 - TYPE C - MAX CHAIN 57

JAP PCB