Bullet Soul [5pb, April 7th 2011, JP X360]

Started by EOJ, August 18, 2010, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitkid

For some reason this game reminds me of Gekirindan. Anyone else see it? Mostly the weapons and the background aesthetic kind of give it that vibe.

sh00g

Game has good visuals, but bosses have way too much health and it feels like the beginning stages drag on for eternity.

Police chick is so fucking weak. Why can't they balance this shit better.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: sh00g on April 16, 2011, 11:50:00 AM
Game has good visuals, but bosses have way too much health and it feels like the beginning stages drag on for eternity.

Police chick is so fucking weak. Why can't they balance this shit better.

The Police Chick ship is currently the best for score. She can milk bosses with her lock on electricity for millions of points. Watch YosK's replay on XBL for examples. The top replay is at 1bil at 2-5. Yosk is at alittle under 1bil at 2-1.

twoup

I played this 2 player on the weekend and it didn't really help. The combined firepower from the ships obscures the targets and the bosses still take a bit too long. I had to turn the sound effects down to about 10 just to make things nice with custom soundtracks too.

antares

I started playing this yesterday (you can call me crazy for starting this when I haven't even touched MMP/PS yet) and was nicely surprised.
The gameplay feels like a casual Raiden Fighters to me, with all the secret bonuses and everything.

It seems apart from proximity scoring getting the platinum medals is vital for high scoring. To get them you need to get all bonuses in the stages. The only difference between this and Raiden Fighters is that in RF it requires skill and practice to trigger all the secrets :laugh:  Still there are some secrets in Bullet Soul which aren't obvious from a few playthroughs.

All in all it's an ok game which I don't regret buying.

lam47

I had my first play of this today. It's just painful how dull it is. I'm not great at shooters but this just feels like nothing to me. Point blanking can be fun in it's place but to make the whole game around it just seems lazy. If only something had been done with the bullet souls to add to score; then there would at least be something else to look at whilst holding that button down for 20 minutes.
It looks OK I guess.
Not for me I guess.

EOJ

Quote from: lam47 on April 28, 2011, 06:48:39 PM
this just feels like nothing to me.

Perfect way to sum up this game. It should have been on the back of the box.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Raiden Fighters 2

Hello to all they are a new customer, then I I am playing a lot and at the moment they have succeeded in to realize 913 million arriving till the boss the 4-2 but account to make very learning still many things, the game more l' I have recorded but I hope to make more in future, sapete dirmi qunto is high the main record using the ship of the girl? The TYPE-A in order to mean to us I imagine that from the Japanese us records can be waited for as usual crowds.

PS: I make excuses myself for my English I do not know the English language therefore I am helping with a translator online

Let_It_Be

Has there been any updates regarding future patches or DLC for this game?  Seems like people forgot (or want to forget) about this game.

yosai

ダウンロードコンテンツの情報を来週公開!
お待たせいたしました!

来週末に「バレットソウル -弾魂-」ダウンロードコンテンツの内容を公開いたします。
ゲーム情報サイトでバレットソウルに関するインフォメーションを要チェックです!

http://blog.5pb.jp/bulletsoul/

EOJ

Translation: They'll announce the contents of the DLC next week. Who knows when it will actually be released, though.
My score archive

yosai

EOJ

DLC will be two packages, each 400MSP / 10 Achievements / 250 Gamerpoints, according to 5pb's page (http://blog.5pb.jp/bulletsoul/item_515.html):

Package 1 (This Summer):
-Caravan mode: 2 minute score attack mode in a brand new stage.

Package 2 (This Fall):
-New character called Yuuoumaishin no Ruupu (some goofy/generic anime android girl in a generic ship)
-Version B mode with difficulty adjusted to be significantly easier. 5pb says this will let you unlock the original achievements much easier.

Like this game needed an easy mode.  :rolleyes: I can't imagine many people will buy this pointless crap to add to an already crappy game.

There will also be a free title update at the same time this first paid DLC is available, which will fix some bugs, change the horizontal character select screen to vertical in TATE mode (but not the ending!), and will add the ability to adjust the sensitivity of a joystick.
My score archive

emphatic

I'm so glad I gave up the wait for this DLC and sold my copy of the game a few weeks back. With the details of these "upgrades", it feels even better.  :righton:

Muchi Muchi Spork

It sounds like they didn't listen to people's complaints/concerns at all.

Let_It_Be

Looks like I won't have to consider picking this up now, my wallet thanks 5pb.

EOJ

I recently got this game again to try out the Version B DLC, and what the hell, I actually like it.  :o In Ver B the stages are totally reworked, all the bullet patterns are new, lots of enemy patterns are different, bosses go down faster and their bullet patterns are much faster and more interesting, a lot like the Mushi Original modes. Also the characters have been rebalanced and the police chick's laser is now a cool green color.

I guess it's a bit easier, but not by much. It is more "on the edge of your seat" exciting.
The TLB is hard as hell. I'll probably never 2-ALL this sucker.

On my first credit I got up to 2-4 with the police chick, and about 580mil (autobomb OFF, of course). Fun stuff, as long as you don't turn on the autobomb.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on December 02, 2011, 09:10:03 AM
I recently got this game again to try out the Version B DLC, and what the hell, I actually like it.  :o In Ver B the stages are totally reworked, all the bullet patterns are new, lots of enemy patterns are different, bosses go down faster and their bullet patterns are much faster and more interesting, a lot like the Mushi Original modes. Also the characters have been rebalanced and the police chick's laser is now a cool green color.

I guess it's a bit easier, but not by much. It is more "on the edge of your seat" exciting.
The TLB is hard as hell. I'll probably never 2-ALL this sucker.

On my first credit I got up to 2-4 with the police chick, and about 580mil (autobomb OFF, of course). Fun stuff, as long as you don't turn on the autobomb.

Are there any good videos of this mode about?

Orochi S

Yeah, version B is so much better - I never touch the old version now. I still find it takes a while to get going, but after the first few stages it gets super. Hopefully this shows that 5pb are learning the skills and will go on to produce some great shooters.

EOJ

The Caravan DLC mode is good fun too. It's a 2 minute score attack mode in a brand new stage that also happens to have some really good music. 400MS points is a bit pricey for it (should have been 200 or less, IMO), but I don't regret buying it.
My score archive

Van_Artic

i might consider getting this now that the DLC is out, good stuff

Orochi S

Quote from: Van_Artic on December 03, 2011, 08:29:40 AM
i might consider getting this now that the DLC is out, good stuff

I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy Ver B. Some of the old problems remain to a certain degree, but they are hugely improved. Even the atmosphere of the game is better, as the recoloured backgrounds give it more personality. Most importantly, it's actually exciting to play now, particularly the second loop. The new ship is kinda cool, but overpowered - selecting this essentially creates an 'easy mode'.

The caravan mode is very slight. It seems like a throwaway bonus to me, really - I just played a few times and never went back to it.

EOJ

My score archive

drunkninja

Well damn, I want to try the DLC mode, but only have 40 points on my Japanese XBL account, and don't really want to spend $32 on a 1400 point code from Play-Asia considering this would be the only thing I buy for the forseeable future :/

Orochi S

Quote from: drunkninja on December 04, 2011, 04:14:29 AM
Well damn, I want to try the DLC mode, but only have 40 points on my Japanese XBL account, and don't really want to spend $32 on a 1400 point code from Play-Asia considering this would be the only thing I buy for the forseeable future :/

Word on the underground grapevine is that you can connect a PayPal account to an XB Live account of any region and buy points that way.

drunkninja

Orochi S

Quote from: drunkninja on December 04, 2011, 03:46:57 PM
Huh, can't seem to find a way to do it  ???

You have to do it from a PC at first. Go to live.xbox.com, accounts, manage payment options. You can link to your PayPal account there. When you go to buy points using your xbox, go to 'change payment option', then select PayPal. Bingo! (Hopefully)  ;)

I haven't done this myself, but I have heard from several people that it works...

drunkninja

Ah nuts to it, bought the 1400 pt code from play asia, maybe I'll find something to use the rest of the points for later on.  Ver B is damn fun.

Orochi S

Quote from: drunkninja on December 04, 2011, 11:50:58 PM
Ah nuts to it, bought the 1400 pt code from play asia, maybe I'll find something to use the rest of the points for later on.  Ver B is damn fun.

Glad you like it! It's a must buy if you own Bullet Soul - it turns a really bland game into a good one for just 400ms points.

espibara

Must confess I loved this at first...........then fell out of love with it..............but now I've downloaded Ver.B I'm in love with it again.

This is the 360 shooter which polarises opinions so much.

For what its worth I still think bullet Soul is a worthy addition to any 360 shooter collection.