Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

Nope.  When you press a button that's already been configured to another action, it simple toggles the other selection to another button.  There are just 2 buttons to config: Shot and Option (arcade)/Shot and Rose Cracker (arrange).

ratsflif

To expand on the MMP Arranged.  You can also cause the bullet cascade by pressing the bomb button when your meter is  at 10k.  It will not use up a bomb stock when activating it.  So running into the bullet is almost like it auto bombs.  Once in the decreasing mode you are able to use your bombs as normal, losing a bomb stock when activated, and it doesnt seem to have any effect on the counters decrease.

Hope that makes sense....

StarCreator

Quote from: bcass on February 24, 2011, 05:27:34 PM
Nope.  When you press a button that's already been configured to another action, it simple toggles the other selection to another button.  There are just 2 buttons to config: Shot and Option (arcade)/Shot and Rose Cracker (arrange).

Wow, that's ridiculous.  Even Guwange had a rapid fire button available!

Was there a way to wire rapid fire on the PCB?  If it didn't, that's the only way this makes sense.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bcass

Indeed. There are lots of little niggles with this release.  It's like they've gone backwards again after getting it all so right with the Daifukkatsu port. The thing that actually bothers me the most so far is the removal of the attract modes. I quite like the announcer voice on the title screen for each game on the PCBs. You can still see the attract modes playing on the small Cave cab in the background, but you can't hear the sound.  The saving grace is that the games themselves seem great so far. They' not quite as balls-out hard as I was expecting (so long as you follow the guides for managing rank).

EOJ

I won't be playing Pink Sweets ver 1.0 if the infinite lives trick is really gone and there's no way to set up a dedicated rapid B button. You need rapid B to jack the rank up early on to get the infinite lives, as well as later on to score well on bosses. Epic fail, Cave. Epic fail. This is pretty much my worst nightmare of a Pink Sweets port.

I remember when Cave were still aware of how people played their games for score in the Arcades - e.g. Mushihimesama had elaborate rapid fire options, and that was in the PS2 days.
My score archive

StarCreator

Quote from: EOJ on February 24, 2011, 05:40:13 PM
I won't be playing Pink Sweets ver 1.0 if the infinite lives trick is really gone and there's no way to set up a dedicated rapid B button. You need rapid B to jack the rank up early on to get the infinite lives, as well as later on to score well on bosses. Epic fail, Cave. Epic fail. This is pretty much my worst nightmare of a Pink Sweets port.

I remember when Cave were still aware of how people played their games for score in the Arcades - e.g. Mushihimesama had elaborate rapid fire options, and that was in the PS2 days.

Honestly, if the PCB provided no input for rapid fire (and as I recall, even Guwange provided it on the PCB even if it went completely unmentioned), I can see them omitting it here too as at that point it's a purposeful omission.  It is rather irritating that you can't map more than one button to the same function so you can set up dedicated rapid-fire buttons with a stick/controller that provides it though, but that's par for the course as far as Cave's ports go.

EOJ

I just wish they did it like Mushihimesama - that PCB also didn't let you map individual rapid fire buttons, but the port did. They understood, when making the PS2 port, that rapid fire buttons were important to scoring in that game. It seems whoever did this port at Cave didn't understand this about Pink Sweets.

Having a separate speed change button would have been wonderful too - some JP Pink Sweets cabs had this set up. Speed change is done by pressing A+B together, in case you don't know.
My score archive

bcass

Wait until everyones copies arrive in the post then assemble a pitchfork wielding angry mob at Cave's Twitter page.  If you make a big enough noise I'm sure they can patch it in.

Icarus

No autofire joystick?
To be honest, while infinite lives would have been nice in terms of maxing out scores, it's not really a deal breaker for the likes of Plasmo and myself - just play it like normal Raizing.

Dude

i know it sucks there is no rapid fire but......i am just happy to have it. Of course PS is not my cup of tea but i can understand the qualms. What i think people are forgetting is this is essentially a budget release
Its clear they thought they where to weak to stand on there own.
I have alot of opinions on the source code running but thats for another forum.

EOJ

Quote from: Icarus on February 24, 2011, 06:03:38 PM

No autofire joystick?
To be honest, while infinite lives would have been nice in terms of maxing out scores, it's not really a deal breaker for the likes of Plasmo and myself - just play it like normal Raizing.

I have an autofire hori pad, but I'd have to flick rapid fire on and off at certain points in-game (sometimes quite quickly). Not fun, and I can't be as accurate as the guys with the dedicated rapid B button.

Pretty sure Plasmo said he wasn't going to play it anymore without infinite lives + rapid B, but you'd have to ask him.

Quote from: Dude on February 24, 2011, 06:05:46 PM
What i think people are forgetting is this is essentially a budget release

This is no budget release. It sells for the standard JP X360 retail price. There's a pricey LE too.
My score archive

Dude

Its budget in the sense cave clearly did not think they could charge 80 a pop. i paid just like the rest but its still a bundle........ if cave thought they could sell them separate they would.

EOJ

I guess we have different definitions of what a budget release is.
My score archive

Dude

well you get what i mean though. its not budget budget but its a bundle non the less. two fer one deal. I know alot of you guys are die hards i guess i am just happy they even bothered.  Now Doj was i happy... no, but thats a diff story. I understand alot of guys need certain things they wanna run the games in a cab....maybe cave sees this trend and wants to cut the attract because of this????? Hard to tell.  

But i will post up just like the rest in support of patches.In the long run though i hope they dont see it as a hassle to even port. Its clear though they are trying to branch out even more with diff genres.

Dude

You also have too see caves minimalist attitude with releases like this. There trying to make money and spend less to make more. Which we should support to see the company survive. I think we should have little things like that but for some reason they where left out. Maybe it was handled buy a new guy or lesser employee so to speak.

Icarus

Quote from: EOJ on February 24, 2011, 06:10:28 PM
I have an autofire hori pad, but I'd have to flick rapid fire on and off at certain points in-game (sometimes quite quickly). Not fun, and I can't be as accurate as the guys with the dedicated rapid B button.

Pretty sure Plasmo said he wasn't going to play it anymore without infinite lives + rapid B, but you'd have to ask him.

Gah, that's a downer. Only noticed the post stating that you can't set multiple buttons to one input type, too. Though saying that, since you're only using Rapid B for one function only (boosting rank at key points), perhaps live with it until you get rank jacked up to a suitable level, then switch it off for the remainder?

Again, it's not a deal breaker for me at least as I was looking forward to playing it without infinite lives. Would have been nice to have the option, sure, but it isn't that important.

EOJ

Quote from: Icarus on February 24, 2011, 06:21:44 PM
Though saying that, since you're only using Rapid B for one function only (boosting rank at key points), perhaps live with it until you get rank jacked up to a suitable level, then switch it off for the remainder?

I did this on my Sigma TB9000 joystick, but it was a pain in the ass. You have to flick it on in certain parts of stages 1-3, but only for a very short time each time. Then you need to use it after the infinite lives are triggered in many spots in the following stages in order to score properly on bosses and midbosses. So you can't really switch it off for the remainder, unless you don't care about scoring.
My score archive

emphatic

If I may speculate a moment... Perhaps the whole "package" part of this port (2 titles on one disc) was done back when CAVE were only starting out experimenting with the 360 ports? I mean, what if Guwange hadn't won that XBLA title poll? They even said "wow, you guys don't like Pink Sweets" or something like that. My point is that we've "learned" that they can port their arcade games very fast now and they might have rushed the original modes of several games because of this, while putting more time into the arrange modes? They can tell us anything they want us to believe after all.  :laugh: For all we know, the basic arcade mode ports might have been done at the same time as Guwange.  :rolleyes:

Icarus

Quote from: EOJ on February 24, 2011, 06:24:36 PM
I did this on my Sigma TB9000 joystick, but it was a pain in the ass. You have to flick it on in certain parts of stages 1-3, but only for a very short time each time. Then you need to use it after the infinite lives are triggered in many spots in the following stages in order to score properly on bosses and midbosses. So you can't really switch it off for the remainder, unless you don't care about scoring.

Hmm, makes sense. I can see how it might upset people used to the scoring techniques.
Ahh well, never mind. No infinite lives run, here I come!

EOJ

Quote from: emphatic on February 24, 2011, 06:35:44 PM
For all we know, the basic arcade mode ports might have been done at the same time as Guwange.  :rolleyes:

Maybe, but the first time these games were shown off running on X360 hardware (Late 2010) they didn't have the slowdown programmed in yet, which leads me to believe they were slapped together around that time.
My score archive

Special World

This is sad news even for me, and I've never even played Pink Sweets. Hopefully enough people get on Cave's ass for them to patch the games. I consider them a very progressive company, and I'd be really surprised if it never got patched. All of their other recent releases have received patches, so I don't see why this should be any exception.

supabok

The rapid fire issue and inability to assign shot to more than one button becomes a problem when playing MMP in arrange mode as well!
In arrange mode holding down shot keeps your options fixed and your shot becomes a bit stronger(and your speed slower). Tapping shot allows you
to move normally and fire a normal shot. It would've been nice, for arrange mode especially, to have the option to map more than one button to shot
to take advantage of these 2 firing modes.

emphatic

When the first print DLC card is used, where does that special version game appear in the menu? Is it just added in the MMP list?

Icarus

Just a thought: is it possible to set extends in PS to 1mil per and test for the infinite lives that way? I did that ages ago on my PCB and it worked, as long as the extend you get to put you over the limit is item-based rather than score-based.

supabok

@Icarus..yes you are able to set the extends as 1 mil per.
Actually you're offered quite a number of options for extends:

No Extend
1000000every ~ 9000000every
1000000only ~ 9000000only

hth

EOJ

My copy is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow - I'll test the infinite lives trick straight away.
My score archive

Dave_K.

I missed the delivery of my copy today, so tomorrow I'll give infinite lives a shot as well.

Regarding autofire and button assignments, I don't see the big deal, as its the same with the PCB, you just run an autofire board and re-wire the buttons in your control panel/stick manually.  I don't foresee this as a problem with my cab setup at all, and neither should anyone else using a custom stick setup.  But of course, no infinite lives would be a deal breaker.

Aisha

Thanks for keeping us up to date. :righton: NCSX still hasn't shipped my pre-order so I don't know when I'll be able to get at these games. At this point I think I'm looking forward to Muchi Muchi Pork! more. I was anticipating Pink Sweets more since the ports were announced, but the supposed lack of the infinite lives trick and in-game rapidfire (I wouldn't know how to set up an autofire board with my EX-SE) has left me a bit down about the game.