Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Cave 2013, JP X360]

Started by Korszca, August 24, 2012, 01:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: SWZ on July 20, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Unfortunately I do not have any other ports at this time as I do not have a Japanese X360. I will retest SDOJ sometime this weekend.

Great, looking forward to it!

BTW several ports are region-free (Espgaluda 2 normal edition, Futari 1.5, MMP/PS).  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SWZ

As promised here are those new input lag test results for the port. I attempted to use a CRT this time around to remove the display lag from the equation, but was not able to get good enough video of the ship moving. The very high contrast of a CRT, the brightness of the LED and my camera did not pair well together.

Hardware

• Xbox 360 S, Model 1439 (2011)
  • HDMI OUT, 720p (native)
  • Custom Stick, Brook UFB Latest Firmware (V2.3)
  • iPhone 7 camera, 240fps
  • Asus VN279QL Monitor 1080p 60hz, LCD AMVA+, 5ms (G2G) 12ms average, no additional scaling lag between 720p/1080p

Testing Method
LED soldered to right movement microswitch. 15 tests each.

1st Test
Game settings: factory default, Arcade HD, C-L
Measured Latency: 79.71 ms (4.78 frames)

2nd Test
Game settings: factory default, Smoothing OFF, Arcade HD, C-L
Measured Latency: 81.96 ms (4.92 frames)

EOJ

So no significant difference between smoothing on/off. Good to know, thanks again!
My score archive

SWZ

Quote from: EOJ on July 22, 2018, 10:10:43 PM
So no significant difference between smoothing on/off. Good to know, thanks again!

It would appear that those saying smoothing reduced the input lag were suffering from the placebo effect.

EOJ

Did you play in horizontal (yoko) or vertical (tate)? Extra windows on or off?
My score archive

SWZ

Quote from: EOJ on July 22, 2018, 10:27:44 PM
Did you play in horizontal (yoko) or vertical (tate)? Extra windows on or off?

Completely default. That's yoko with no extra windows.

EOJ

I recently watched taira118's excellent B-Shot replay from 2016 (an excellent STG player!), and noticed he wrote the following info in the description of the video:

360版の仕様について

◆本体の解像度によって処理落ちが変わります。
 処理落ちが一番少ない最低解像度の640x480でプレイしてます。

◆リプレイ再生モードだと何故か処理落ちが増える模様。
 実際のプレイではもっとゲームスピードが早いです。

English translation:

"On playing the X360 version:

-Slowdown differs based on the system's output resolution. I play with the resolution that has the least amount of slowdown, which is 640 x 480.
-For some reason, whenever a replay plays, extra slowdown is added. In a real-time run the game speed is faster."

For the second point, it seems he is referring to playing a game in 480i/p resolution, then watching the replay later.

I'll have to add info on the resolution affecting slowdown in my slowdown comparison thread.
My score archive

emphatic

el_rika

The question is: is it closer to pcb, or further? That's basically the end game here.

EOJ

Playing in 640 x 480 does make the slowdown more accurate to the PCB. Still far from perfect, though (though the same can be said of every CAVE SH3 port and emulation, so not a big deal in that context).
My score archive

Sandinista

Anyone able to download the leaderboards for this ? I cant ...

I know mushihimesama Futari leaderboards disappeared , so maybe this has gone the same way

Sandinista