Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinHo

Small improvment of my HS...

Futari BL Original Mode 733 477 729 - SinHo - ALL(Lx0, Bx0) - Reco

EOJ

GOD MODE - PALM
2,644,298,921 - EOJ - Stage 5

I finished ST2 with 1.4bil. An average ST3 and crap ST4 (I really need to get a better pattern here) followed.
Ended my credit on the ST5 midboss.  :whyioughtta:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Just stay away from my Reco score.  :righton:

What are the big differences in playing w/ Palm (other than the obvious... namely the speed, which kills it for me).  Might try him one day.

EOJ

I like Palm a lot better now in God. He has much better accuracy, which makes scoring easier in many spots. The second half of stage 3 is a lot harder with him,
as is stage 4. Once you get used to his speed, it really becomes quite a lot of fun (especially stage 2).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

There's quite a few parts in the game (stage 2 and 4 specifically) where Reco comes in handy.  Get the options to latch on, then haul ass across the screen.  Good times.

KOMA

Small improve in God Mode.
Reco 1,557,007,480 - TUG - Stage 5 Boss
Pic
And a All in Maniac which is not my best high but i do love these three letters.
Reco 459,474,210 - TUG - All
Pic

EOJ

Nice job Koma, especially in God mode.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Went back to Reco for God mode. Not quite enough to beat GP, but I'm getting closer.  :righton:

GOD MODE- RECO
3,124,972,433 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss)

Ended my credit with only a sliver of life left on the last boss. Oh well.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Black Label
Original Mode:

GaijinPunch - 777,085,725 - All - Reco

This run featured such great things as 2 deaths on stage 3.  Not sure why I kept going, much less how I pulled this score out of my ass.  I ddi get the multiplier up to 100,000 at about the 2nd big ass dragon on stage 5.

EOJ

Nice. I'll have to get back to this to extend my lead, and have a little more breathing room. :righton:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on March 22, 2009, 02:57:48 PM
Nice. I'll have to get back to this to extend my lead, and have a little more breathing room. :righton:

Anyone ever figured out the multiplier?  I know w/ the stage multiplier at 9999, the rank goes up like... 2 fold, at least.  What about the score?  I think the overall multiplier at 100,000 is another "milestone".  Seems to really jack up the difficulty.  The end of stage 5 is just nuts, I always have to bomb.  I wonder how many points I'm giving up.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 22, 2009, 08:53:37 PM

Anyone ever figured out the multiplier?  I know w/ the stage multiplier at 9999, the rank goes up like... 2 fold, at least.  What about the score?  I think the overall multiplier at 100,000 is another "milestone".  Seems to really jack up the difficulty.  The end of stage 5 is just nuts, I always have to bomb.  I wonder how many points I'm giving up.

The rank goes up again once you get over 100,000. ABI figured out the multiplier level at each stage of the counter. I'd have to search through his blog to find the post. You definitely shouldn't bomb anywhere in any stage (it's better to die actually), as it kills your stage counter, which in turn kills your multiplier.

I played Original a few times today, and I discovered I really don't enjoy that mode much anymore (well, I never liked it that much to begin with). Futari 1.5's Original is much more enjoyable, IMO. If someone beats my score, I'll likely go back to it to reclaim 1st place, but until then I'm playing other things!
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: EOJ on March 25, 2009, 01:26:58 AMYou definitely shouldn't bomb anywhere in any stage (it's better to die actually), as it kills your stage counter, which in turn kills your multiplier.
I think that's not cool when they make a scoring system where you can't bomb at all anywhere. Of course it's necessary to give the player a consequent point penalty when he bomb, but at the same time it's never good to encourage death over bombing, or to make the score drop by a LOT if the player either bombs or dies once, because bombing at the last second is a cool skill to master and the player should be rewarded of not having died.

croikle

Well, in a way what that does is give more lives to the beginning player who doesn't care about score, since they can use bombs, but when you're trying to maximize score you have fewer chances to mess up.

Still, deaths mess your score up anyway.... it's a risk vs reward system, with more risk when you die but less penalty.

adverse

Adverse - 319,962,675 - 5 Boss - Reco

This is Maniac.  Got the last boss down to his last form with only one bomb.  Missed the fucking 1up on stage 5 by a hair!   :whyioughtta: LOL

Should've been a 1CC.  Will get my revenge soon...

EOJ

Sorry, GP.

GOD MODE - RECO
3,311,151,180 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss)

It would be nice if I could clear the game with a score like this.  :whyioughtta:
I totally messed up the beginning of stage 5, costing me at least 100mil. I had a good stage 4 though, ending the stage with over 2.5bil.
My score archive

adverse

Score-wise it's really weak, and I'm super disappointed with myself on the stage 5 boss where I rolled in with 4 lives and came out with 1 and no bombs.   :whyioughtta:

Pathetic.  I guess I should've suicided at the end to get the bomb bonus huh?

At least I got the clear.

Maniac Mode - Reco
357,485,612 - Adverse - ALL

Strider77

not the greatest score, but this is my 1st time trying to play a cave game for high score.

Strider77

MANIAC MODE - Reco
120,335,465 - TIM - Stage 3

pic above

Strider77

MANIAC MODE - Reco
133,909,539 - TIM - Stage 3

adverse

Been working on Palm.  Without a stupid death in stage 2, I probably could've got the clear.

MANIAC MODE - Palm
374,198,360 - HEX - Stage 5

Strider77

MANIAC MODE - Reco
139,374,002 - TIM - Stage 3 boss

adverse

MANIAC MODE - Palm
418,919,470 - HEX - Stage 5 Boss

Finally joined the 400m club.  Won't be happy until clear + 500 mil though.

adverse

MANIAC MODE - Palm
467,034,128 - HEX - Stage 5

Died right before the 1up.  Easily would've been 500+, probably not a 1cc though.  

adverse

MANIAC MODE - Palm
499,215,032 - HEX - Stage 5 Boss

Only posting this because it puts me at #2.  Sorry I didn't put in my name, was way too pissed at dying on last phase of stage 5 boss despite having an awesome run.

I made it up to Stage 4 boss no-miss, dying on his second form twice like a dumbass.  Made it through level 5 without dying but got to the boss with 1 bomb.  Could've killed the damn thing if I just straight bombed through it I'm pretty sure.  Ugh, but I had to try dodging.   :whyioughtta:

TUG I'm sure feels my pain because his score is very similar.  I think Reco is way easier to beat this game with (on the whole).

KOMA

Quote from: adverse on June 30, 2009, 10:24:12 AM
TUG I'm sure feels my pain because his score is very similar.  I think Reco is way easier to beat this game with (on the whole).
I have done the same  =D
Funny but i have also a 497M with Reco.Yeah is a bit easier because you can be save by her options but even if i manage same score with both charactere,i do a better second stage with Palm due to his straight shot.
Anyway well done but is it so frustrating to be at 1M(or 3M for me) to 500M goal hu?

adverse

Yes it is  :'(

I think I'm going to move on to Ketsui for the moment and hopefully get my 500m some other time.  If not, I might just have to say fuck it because no missing up to stage 4 boss is pretty close to the best I'm gonna do lol.

Palm in Maniac can certainly score more accurately on stage 2 but I have to say he has no advantage in stage 3, and stage 4 he is much harder to score with.  Reason being he cannot lock an option onto those towers with the huge danmakus and then build up a lot of bullets to cash in.  If the tower is on the left for instance, you have to either dodge in from the right as the bullets build or just kill the tower much earlier than you would with Reco since his shot is straight ahead.  Stage 5 is tough because of the medium-sized dragons that shoot the diagonal bullet spreads, which Reco's options can kill much quicker and easier.  

Edit: One advantage Palm allegedly has is that his laser produces more slow-down.  But it doesn't seem to be a lot more than Reco.

EOJ

I think you're right that Palm is a bit harder to score with in Stage 4 (and 3) than Reco.
Stage 5 they're about the same. It's easier to properly "chain" all the lamps in the first part of the Stage with Palm, and the midboss is also a LOT easier with Palm, but the rest is about the same IMO.

I like Reco's slower speed and her ability to get the counter up faster on bosses and large enemies. The latter feature helps her score a bit more overall than Palm.

I haven't played much with Palm in Maniac (I have a 660+mil score from ages ago, but that was after about a dozen credits with him, and I didn't try all that hard), but I've been using him more in God and enjoying it a lot.
My score archive

adverse

I'm personally a bit disappointed by Maniac's stage 4.  Doesn't have the scoring possibilities of Original or God, no matter how long you let the Caterpillars stick around.  Even SIN's replay IIRC he only nets 200 mil or so and that's with some smart boss milking, which I'm not successful at.  And yeah, I know God has a kick-ass stage 4 but...stage 1 on God is just too brutal for me.  Stage 2 and 3 I can handle, I've even made it to stage 4...but slowdown-less Stage 1 is just  :-\.

BTW, EOJ are you able to reliably do the balls trick on the stage 2 boss (no homo)?

EOJ

Yeah, the "balls" recharge on the stage 2 boss is pretty easy in Maniac. It's a lot easier than in ver 1.5.
Just kill the first phase really fast, then on the second phase, don't shoot at all until it starts the dense, slow purple pattern (after you destroy the first set of balls that come out). Stay in the right corner when it starts, and slowly move (=tap) to the left while you hold down the laser. Then keep shooting til its life is a sliver, and recharge on the second set of balls for a x9999 to use in the final phase of the boss. Piece o'cake.

I can understand your reluctance to play God, at least in the arcade. It would cost a lot more to get good at God than at Maniac.
Stage 1 is pretty easy! Just takes some practice.
My score archive