Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/200808260000/

It's listed there, the same site that listed the Ketsui and DDPDOJBL ports. Spring 2009 release, apparently. 

EDIT: Confirmed. Port is being done AND published by CAVE! :o
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

My score archive

KOMA

Thank you EOJ for the heads up.Who know who are the developers?

EOJ

Developed and published by CAVE! Wonder if they'll start porting other games if this sells well? Maybe they've realized they could make some money from it.

Bonus stuff for the port: online rankings, 2p online coop, replay saves, and more.

I'm curious how they're going to replicate all the slowdown in the game. If it's even a bit off, it'll mess up everything. If they do a Mushi-esque job at it, then I won't be playing this port.
My score archive

Kaede

FUCK. Now I have to import a 360.  :(

retre

adverse

RGC

Nothing useful to say...awesome news!

Are 360's safe to buy yet, or is there still a 70% chance of implosion?

MX7

Ha ha! What great news to wake up to!

Plasmo

QuoteAre 360's safe to buy yet, or is there still a 70% chance of implosion?
I don't care too much for the port, but if somebody could answer this, I'd be very happy. I really need to buy an XBOX360 for Ketsui, Raiden fighters, etc.

FrederikJurk

If this means that the Cave-port drought is going to be over, I?ll have to sell a kidney and buy a 360 and a high-def TV. Oh, how much I DON`T want to buy a new TV you have no idea. But playing these games sounds just so tempting. But nevermind: Very excellent news.

The break-down point for me is when they?ll port Muchi Muchi Pork.

EOJ

I just hope they don't mess it up. CAVE doesn't have a good track record with ports (Saturn Donpachi & DDP, Ibara, and Mushi).

JP X360s are pretty reliable now, with the Falcon chipset (just make sure to get a Falcon or newer model!). I've had mine for about 5 months now, and it works great.
My score archive

RAR

EOJ

There are a lot of Deathsmiles PCBs up on YAJ today, apparently due to this announcement. One with a BIN of 75,000yen. Might be a good time to snatch up a cheap PCB, if you're interested in it.
My score archive

EOJ

Another bit of info: there will be a regular edition and a LE edition. No word on the LE edition's contents. Info courtesy of sazanami.net
My score archive

markedkiller78

I saw that 75k one :)

Funnily enough this has just started to sell out, well with Legend & now & port to drive prices down. Awsome news

MX7

Also, and I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying this, if this sells well, I would be surprised if we do not see Daifukkatsu being ported to X360.

Sonic R

=D

What exciting news this is indeed.
Many great games are appearing on the Xbox 360!  I cannot wait?

jpj

Quote from: RAR on August 27, 2008, 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: Kaede on August 27, 2008, 05:53:58 AM
FUCK. Now I have to import a 360.  :(

What he said.

yep.  smiley an' all.

i really don't want to buy a 360   :'(

porkpye

Unfortunantely I just bought the kit  :o Hopefully I will like it after some extended play otherwise I could take a big loss selling it on.

EOJ

The Japanese guys on 2Ch don't seem too enthused about the port. Here are just two random comments I pulled out, but you get the picture:

"A perfect port is impossible, so I'm really just hoping they make an interesting Arrange mode. If they screw it up like the Ikaruga XBLA port, all the good players will give up playing it after 3 days."

"If CAVE is porting it...it will have excessive load times and mis-timed Cyclops1. I've already given up on them making the slowdown and other aspects accurate, so I just hope they don't make the load times too excessive."

1 This game relies on perfect, split-second timing to refill your counter, and often the counter needs to be refilled on the cyclops, hence his comment.
My score archive

jaycm1

do you think the price of the pcb kit will drop even more no its comming out on the 360  :-\

EOJ

It already has fallen a bit. Bare PCBs will probably fall to 60~70K yen this year. Complete, mint kits will probably bottom out at the 90K~100K range, and stay there like the Mushis. If the port is really accurate, the PCB may fall more. If it's shit, the game will likely still command a good price.

Despite the port announcement, I have no intention of selling my kit. If by some miracle they make the port spot-on in terms of the slowdown and all the gameplay, then maybe I'll think of it. But the crisp 240p graphics of the PCB are really gorgeous, and it would be hard to trade that for a blurred, interlaced version (or a scaled 720p version). Like the guys on 2Ch, I'm just buying the port for the Arrange mode (I assume it will have one). It will be well worth the $60 just for that. I wonder if they'll pull an Ibara on this port and release a modified version of the Arrange mode as a Deathsmiles Black Label PCB before or around the release of the port? I'd be up for that.  =D

My score archive

Sperrfeuer

great news!  :righton: now i wait for the DDP DF port! it's just a question of time... =D

rtw

How is the region protection done on the 360 ? Can CAVE make it region free if they desire ?

Also does a Japanese 360 have proper RGB output i.e. SCART ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

KOMA

Quote from: Sperrfeuer on August 28, 2008, 01:49:00 AM
great news!  :righton: now i wait for the DDP DF port! it's just a question of time... =D
Well,DS port release is next year,so you probably bought a kit before DDP came out! =D

EOJ

@rtw: yes, Japanese X360s output RGB. You just need to get a cable.

Theoretically CAVE could make the game region-free, but I wouldn't count on it. As has been stated many times in the past, no Japan-exclusive X360 game released thus far has been region-free.
My score archive

jonny5

semi OT

so the 360 can ouput at 15 khz?

im just curious cuz if all these cave ports turn out to be OK i might grab one to throw in one of my cabs....

but im still going to wait and see how the ketsui port affects the PCB price range.....would definitely prefer the PCB for ketsui

but i would be happy with the DS and DOJ BL ports for 360.....have to give it some thought....lets wait and see how good they are first

EOJ

No, the X360 cannot output 15khz. So the graphics (on a SDTV or cab monitor) will look like the Ibara and Mushi ports - interlaced and blurry.  :(
My score archive

Joe T.

I traded my US 360 for a used Japanese one back in November of '07 when Shikigami III came out and I'm almost 100% positive it's a launch console.  The only problem I've ever had with it is that it froze while playing Raiden Fighters Aces once.  I've heard that the freezing was simply a bug in the Raiden FIghters software as well.

I'm getting tired of waiting for a decent stick for the 360 though and may just have a custom one made if this many games I want are coming within the next year.