Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emphatic

But why do I have to setup the screen again with the patch applied?  :rolleyes:

sh00g

Shalashaska

Really? All of my settings were retained after the new patch....

ratikal

Quote from: Shalashaska on March 11, 2011, 12:05:58 AM
Not sure if it has been mentioned already but if you defeat Doom you unlock a gamer pic. And answering my own question, you just have to 1CC arrange to meet Doom.

So you don't need to get all the bees?

Shalashaska

Ah sorry; I did grab all the bees. But you don't have to worry about finishing all the bosses with a full red meter and I used like 4 bombs on the stage 5 boss.

Killer French Bread

And that's using route B as welll, yeah? It's gonna take me a while to even reach Doom let alone beat him..

Shalashaska

Yes, route B and all bees. If you play solely for survival it's actually not too difficult. Just plan out your hyper usage (like during the laser wheels in stage 5). Doom is another story though. He doesn't play around. :laugh:

EOJ

There is something wrong with the training mode. I'm practicing stage 3, and when I start at the beginning of the stage and play through to the midboss, it fires (hard to dodge) blue bullets from the turrets at the start when I rush it up close with a hyper. However, when I start at the midboss (rather than the beginning of the stage), it doesn't fire these shots and it is noticeably easier to take down (its subsequent bullet patterns are less dense and slower). I've tried all possible combinations on the training mode options screen: I have it at full hyper rank, full reddo gauge, full bee rank, "no miss" setting, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. I'm not sure if this holds true for starting at all midbosses, but it's definitely the case for starting at the stage 3 midboss. Must be some glitch.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Aliquantic

Do you think it could be related to the hit counter instead, like in a couple other spots in the game? I can't really test it myself since I'm not sure what pattern you're referring to, though.

(Your new avatar is... interesting by the way!)

EOJ

Nah, I have the hit counter and + value set at what I have when I reach the boss starting at the beginning of the stage. Makes no difference.

BTW I just figured out how to practice Hibachi.  :laugh: I had thought there was no way to do it, and then I find an option in the training mode menu today. Fun stuff.

My score archive

StarCreator

If you watched the Play x Play for DFK 1.5, there was a point where Asada made Hikari fight Hibachi (though he gave her a ridiculous number of lives and bombs).  Man's a sadist.

emphatic

Quote from: StarCreator on April 06, 2011, 10:48:13 AM
If you watched the Play x Play for DFK 1.5, there was a point where Asada made Hikari fight Hibachi (though he gave her a ridiculous number of lives and bombs).  Man's a sadist.

I love her.

drunkninja

Quote from: EOJ on April 06, 2011, 04:26:30 AMBTW I just figured out how to practice Hibachi.  :laugh: I had thought there was no way to do it, and then I find an option in the training mode menu today. Fun stuff.

What?  Where at?  I swear I've looked all over that menu for it?  I take it there's no option for Zatsuza though?

EOJ

You put the stage as EX, start at the boss. Then an option in the bottom right of the menu pops up in the "Black" option row. This option is "Hibachi ON/OFF". So you can't start right at Hibachi, but you can turn him on to pop out after Golden Disaster.

I don't think there's any Zatsuza option, unless it becomes available after you beat him in an actual run.
My score archive

cstarflare

Maybe you have to no-miss Golden Disaster with Hibachi set to on? I know Futari Black Label made you no miss the stage 5 boss to fight Spiritual Larsa.

Shalashaska

Nope, I did that and still just got Hibachi though maybe one of the other settings was wrong.

I still don't understand what those different route options (the A>B, etc.) are for. I was thinking along the lines of EOJ in that you'd get the option to practice against him if you reached him in an actual run. I beat Doom in Arrange though and there's still no option to practice against him so I'm not hopeful for Zatsuza.

EOJ

Quote from: Shalashaska on April 07, 2011, 01:33:28 PM
I still don't understand what those different route options (the A>B, etc.) are for.

A=Normal midbosses
B=Ura midbosses

There is no "A/B" option in Power style, obviously.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Right, I got that from the start but there's 4 options (at least for Strong IIRC).

insigniadeck

just got the game,couple of question cause this game seem more complicated than i expected.sometimes it seems i have a shield that cancel enemy bullets...how do i trigger this?whats the bar that goes red gradually when i use laser+shooting together?this game has way too many colors which makes my eyes a bit confused trying to dodge bullets..but i think slowly im starting to love this ahead of mushi futari 1.5 but its not there yet

emphatic

Quote from: insigniadeck on April 14, 2011, 09:03:20 AM
just got the game,couple of question cause this game seem more complicated than i expected.sometimes it seems i have a shield that cancel enemy bullets...how do i trigger this?whats the bar that goes red gradually when i use laser+shooting together?this game has way too many colors which makes my eyes a bit confused trying to dodge bullets..but i think slowly im starting to love this ahead of mushi futari 1.5 but its not there yet

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1204.0

insigniadeck

thanks for posting that link,but after reading that im still confused...sorry for being a noob but i still dont get it bout the shield thingy.i do understand now bout the red bar some of it is still confusing to me since its not even a month yet since i started playing shmups.i need to play more...i think i will go back to futari 1.5 first.

drunkninja

If by "shield", you mean the ring that appears around your ship when you have a hyper stocked, that by itself does nothing.  Only when you activate hyper can you cancel enemy bullets.  If you have autobomb turned off, your hyper and bomb stock is shared.  If it is on, then the ring will appear when a hyper is ready, and it is not shared with your bomb stock.

cstarflare

I think he means the box that appears around your ship when you die, bomb, or use a hyper. That, or he's mistaking the ring around your ship while hypering as a shield and canceling bullets with his shot?

EOJ

BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO PLAYING DFK BL:

-Choose a Bomb style ship (I recommend C-Bomb)
-Don't turn Autobomb on (it's actually harder with it on than off)
-Hold Shot + Laser. Do this long enough and you will max out the red gauge. Bullets are faster and denser, but your hyper meter increases faster. More hypers means an easier game.
-Use a hyper whenever things get tricky, and cancel bullets with your shot. Remember, you can cancel your hyper if you press the hyper button again. Very useful on bosses.
-If things get too hard, let off either shot or laser for awhile to let the red gauge decrease, making things easier.
-Never bomb, unless it's the final phase of a boss and the bomb will kill the boss before it finishes. You should also bomb the heck out of the second last boss, Golden Disaster.
-Try and collect all the bomb items when you have a full bomb stock - they will add one more slot to your bomb/hyper inventory.
-Have fun!
My score archive

Special World

How does BL Arrange work, exactly? Do you want to get 10 chips/bees/cancels and then hyper later in the stage (with full red gauge and lots of bullets onscreen) so you can collect lots of point stars? Or is it better to just increase your multiplier through the whole stage and then collect 10 chips and big stars on the boss? Is there anything I'm missing outside of that, or does that pretty much sum up scoring?

insigniadeck

thanks for the advice guys.i mean the round thingy around your ship cause sometimes it seem i block bullets sometimes i just die.i also just discovered that the game gets harder when u pick strong mode..i was playing bomb style but decided to try n heck was it hard.unlike Dou ou jou,where the more i play the more better i get,this game i think its the opposite.

EOJ

Each style is a different difficulty level. Power is harder than Bomb, and Strong is harder than both (It has much harder bullet patterns). Bomb style is about the same difficulty as Daioujou's first loop.
My score archive

insigniadeck

yeah,sometimes i wonder how u guys 1 cc this games...its just mind boggling!i cant even get pass the 3rd stage,but im glad i bought this instead of the 1.5 version,cause i tried listening to that version song and boy was BL soundtrack superior.

EOJ

Quote from: insigniadeck on April 15, 2011, 01:23:26 AM
yeah,sometimes i wonder how u guys 1 cc this games...

Just takes a lot of practice. I've been playing these games for years and years.
My score archive

emphatic

Also, you need to use your laser on lasers even though you use a hyper. This can be easy to forget as you feel quite powerful when hypered.