Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on September 08, 2009, 12:39:27 AM
New Famitsu page about this game:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1227219_1407.html

They say it will have "an arrange mode by IKD". But they do not mention Yagawa. Maybe his arrange mode was just a false rumor?

Pretty sure it was confirmed in the new Famitsu 360?  Will confirm when I get home.

Edit: No I'm almost sure.  Because in the Asada interview he goes on about the inter-company rivalry between Ikeda and Yagawa in relation to the Esp2 arrange mode.

EOJ

OK. Maybe Famitsu just doesn't think Yagawa is worth mentioning?  :-\
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

5 different modes in this one:

-Black Label Novice mode
-Black label
-Arrange
-Espgaluda II (Arcade and 360 modes)

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/09/tgs.html

I guess Ikeda did Arrange, and Yagawa did Black label? Or one of them did Black Label Novice Mode?

It's nice that you'll have all the modes on one disc from the get-go, instead of having to pay for the DLC bullshit.

EDIT: Removed the erroneous talk about it being playable at TGS
My score archive

adverse

Sweet!  Thanks for the news.

I guess that'll be at the MS booth?

Edit:  I think you read this wrong.  It's only going to be Mushi 1.5 at TGS, and Asada is just showing off EspII's menu system.

GaijinPunch

Yeah, seems a bit early for a playable demo, considering Mushi's was just released for the first time.  Looking more forward (is that right?) to G2 actually.  But hey, I'm sure Mushi will get some play time in my house.

EOJ

@adverse - yeah, looks like this won't be playable after all. I got thrown from the fact the blog post was titled "TGS" and he shows the playable modes of Galuda II.

They will be displaying the new character for EGII Black Label in an issue of Famitsu X360 next month, according to the most recent blog post.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on September 22, 2009, 12:51:34 AM
They will be displaying the new character for EGII Black Label in an issue of Famitsu X360 next month, according to the most recent blog post.

$10 says they go 0 for 2 (DOJ:BLEX) in this whole adding a character for the home release thing.

adverse

Randomly stumbled across this site claiming to have the box art:

http://www.gamed.nl/view/64943

Is this accurate?

Kiken

Quote from: adverse on September 24, 2009, 05:08:47 AM
Randomly stumbled across this site claiming to have the box art:

http://www.gamed.nl/view/64943

Is this accurate?

Could be.. but I don't see "Black Label" written on the cover in either English or Japanese.

zap

I wouldn't mind that boxart, but I'd much rather see completely new artwork. But that's not likely to happen.

gsl

Kinda looks like they just slapped some poster art on along with the Cave and CERO logos and the 360 case header.

cstarflare

GaijinPunch

They would have to rehire the same artist to create new artwork (or have it look different), which might not be in the budget. 

adverse

Seseri announced as new character for the port.

Exclusive to Black Label mode.

Will read more from Famitsu 360 on my lunch break...

adverse

More, surprising details.

Arrange mode has three bullet colors, blue, red and pink, and blue you cancel with shot red can be canceled with laser (rapier?).

You're going to need to change to shot at points and proceed through almost like a puzzle.

If you're not in Kakusei, your ingots will drop.  Rank continuously goes up as you clear stages.  This is Yagawa's mode.

Black Label is Ikeda's mode and will (surprisingly) not have a ton of big point mode explosions, but instead tries to return to the "fundamentals of shooting", and the focus of it is "speed".  In this mode you can use Seseri.  Who transforms into a man during Kakusei and whose new art is not that hot. But apparently she's animated well in game.

EOJ

OMG Yagawa's mode sounds a bit like Pink Sweets. I can't believe they'd go that route. Surely the rank won't be so horrific though.

Ikeda's BL sounds fun in a Futari Black Label Original mode kind of way.
My score archive

adverse

Edited the info above.  Apparently blue bullets are canceled with shot.

Btw in Arrange, whenever you go into Kakuseizesshikai, the bullets turn purple.  Doesn't say what that means...

moozooh

Wow, it really looks like these three modes will be so fundamentally different the package is going to appeal to every shmup fan out there.*

Can't wait for gameplay trailers.

* — Except those who dislike playing as transgender characters.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

gsl

I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard anyone look at a shooter and say "Whoa, fuck that.  I can't tell if it's a dude or a lady.  I'm out."

Then again, the question with the Galuda games is, "Which one is it at this moment?"

EOJ

New Cave blog post today:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/

Asada says they'll announce the release date for EGIIBL by the end of the year. He says the release isn't that far way, so I'm guessing Feb or March 2010.

He also mentions he inherited the job of 'Head of Game Development' from Ikeda a few months ago, and he's busy solidifying their line up for the coming year. He's really moved up in the company in a short period of time.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I think that kick ass port of Death Smiles helped.  Wonder what Ikeda's official title is now.  He's been a 'torishimeyaku' for ages.  Maybe he's doing even less hands on?  That would suck for us.

adverse

Gwyrgyn

Does the post explain why she looks more like her Galuda 1 version?

StarCreator

She's a robot, she can look like whatever she wants.  Apparently.

MX7

And this just so happens to be the form of a little girl.

EOJ

News from the latest Cave blog post by Asada: He says they are nearly done with the game, and will soon complete the master version and send it to MS.

Due to this, I'd think the game should be released by February at the latest. I'd predict the first or second week of February.
My score archive

charlienash87

Quote from: EOJ on November 22, 2009, 03:04:54 AM
News from the latest Cave blog post by Asada: He says they are nearly done with the game, and will soon complete the master version and send it to MS.

Due to this, I'd think the game should be released by February at the latest. I'd predict the first or second week of February.

Valentines day

Edit: It only seems fitting that it comes out on that day, with all the gender changing and what not. just like mushi futari being released on thanksgiving because Larsa's a turkey
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Monouchi

Great news, thanks EOJ.

These ports (Mushi,Esp2) looks very promising and is being released close to each other, a dream come true for a port player.
Now one can only hope for the Ketsui port.

adverse

Not liking this cover...but I guess it's a sample cover they put together.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/11/post-31f6.html

LE will come with an ESPII faceplate apparently.

Monouchi

I LOVE the cover!  :o

And I NEED that faceplate!  :oogle:

*On a mission to get the LE*