Main Menu

B1 Poster Frames

Started by ookitarepanda, February 06, 2012, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ookitarepanda

One of the most frustrating things is finding a poster frame for beautiful game posters. I know that most of the kit posters for arcade operators are meant to be up in the arcades and not really for home use, but I'm stuck.

I've gotten a couple of these Japanese B1 sized posters now, and still haven't figured out what to do that won't cost me more than $75 to get framed. As far as I can tell, American frame manufacturers don't regularly produce frames that are 28.66" x 40.55" (728 x 1030mm), nor are there really any that go above that size. Custom costs anywhere from $100-150 at local stores, and I don't really want to pay more than the poster's price for a frame.

I've seen a similar thread about this on shmups that got pretty much nowhere.

So my questions are twofold:
1) What do people in Japan do with these posters? Besides roll them up and store them away  :P
2) What do you recommend?

SuperPang

Japan has it's very own paper sizes so you won't be able to buy them off the shelf overseas. There are various online custom frame stores or Stv on AO sells the real deal from Japan but there is no cheap option.

ookitarepanda

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v236238625

Are these the kind you're talking about in Japan? 1 yen plus proxy fees doesn't sound terrible even if the shipping is rough.

SuperPang

Yeah, you're not going to get a better deal than that, if your proxy service will ship it.