Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njiska

Wow that boss music re-arrange arouses me nicely. Sounds like they're going all out with the Ketsui influence. Way more than DOJ-Ver L.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on December 30, 2010, 12:18:37 PM
New arrange mode info:
http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=750

Sounds a bit more complex than what I was hoping for, but on the other hand, Ketsui's score system seems much less complex than it is. I wonder if this is a 3 or 4 button mode though. Is reddo built up by holding  A+C as in BL?

StarCreator

It's worth noting the "Just a couple more shots desu" sound clip was also in the DFK iPhone sound data, if I recall correctly.  I was wondering where that was going to get used.

EDIT: WAV, if you want it for whatever reason.

charlienash87

Quote from: EOJ on December 27, 2010, 12:57:42 AM
What a weird play-asia listing:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-nmy-71-br-49-en-84-j-70-433k.html

Out of print/out of stock, and it's not even released yet! They really don't want people using their $7/$12 off coupons on this. :laugh:
We'll probably see the ability to preorder it magically pop up on January 1st (the coupons expire Dec 31st).

seems enough coupons finally expired in mid Jan for it to go up :laugh:
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

SuperPang

Just tried to order but yet again my voucher disappears at the checkout and I have to email them to apply it. WTF? :facepalm:

Shalashaska

Yeah I noticed the achievements were on the list in-game already. Or have they always been there? I'm not real familiar with how achievements and DLC work but I thought you had to purchase the extra content first before the points are added to the regular list? My DFK has 60 achievements already.

Kiken

Quote from: Shalashaska on January 13, 2011, 05:44:21 PM
Yeah I noticed the achievements were on the list in-game already. Or have they always been there? I'm not real familiar with how achievements and DLC work but I thought you had to purchase the extra content first before the points are added to the regular list? My DFK has 60 achievements already.

I played some yesterday and the game was still listing 1000 gp... but I do see that my xboxlc.com profile is now listing 1250 gp total for the game.  You do not need to download a DLC component for it to update the game's overall gp score.

EOJ

DFK BL (Package release) reviews from Famitsu:

Famitsu 360:
7/8/8/6

Weekly Famitsu:
8/7/7/7

Source:
http://barrage71.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-835.html

My score archive

SuperPang

EOJ

My score archive

Animaitor

I wonder if we will only give the option of selecting Type-A from Ketsui on the Arrange mode...

EOJ

Probably. Just like there's only Type A in Daifukkatsu's Arrange A.
My score archive

Animaitor

EOJ

Guys on 2ch are saying Strong style is missing loads of slowdown in the X360 port. Wish I could check it out, but they still haven't put it up for download even though it's like 5pm in Japan on Feb 3rd right now.  :whyioughtta:
My score archive

moozooh

Quote from: EOJ on February 03, 2011, 04:16:24 AM
Guys on 2ch are saying Strong style is missing loads of slowdown in the X360 port.
Honestly, for the first time this sounds like a good thing. :laugh:

I'd be curious to know the specifics, of course, because horrible slowdown was my main gripe with this game.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Monouchi

Starting up the Box in about an hour. Hope BL is there then.  :)

Missing slowdown in strong? Hm... I mainly play Strong so that will be interesting.

KOA

EOJ

My score archive

KOA

There's something about Training Mode that's confusing me though.
Usually, when you pick Tsuujou or Ura, it shows up as "A" or "B" respectively, right?
If you pick Strong Style specifically, there are 4 configurable options for Route, which is "A > A", "A > B", "B > A", and "B > B".

Someone here able to explain?
(Yes, I went straight to Training Mode to try to encounter Zatsuza, but to no avail, even on Novice.)

emphatic

OMG, guys. Have you been into the soundtrack settings yet?  :righton: :righton: :righton:

Being able to choose "flavour" for each stage is just what I've been dreaming of. And you can do it for each mode.  :-*

sh00g

Nice, was hoping they'd do that like Castlevania: HD.

Need some DLC music packs now from their other games.  :P

Easy modo bomb style scrub mode activated. It's on now!

Dude

The Ketsuipachi/Arrange is not all its hyped to be meh. What are the setting you choose when you choose ship? i noticed with it off the patterns change.

skykid

So are you all buying the DLC and the packaged BL?

I figured holding out for the packaged release (ain't got much cash to be buying the same thing twice.  :-[)
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Monouchi

antares

Is it already known if the DLC and disc version share the same leaderboards? Would be pretty stupid if not but they also have different achievements so who knows.

njiska

Quote from: skykid on February 03, 2011, 09:43:32 AM

So are you all buying the DLC and the packaged BL?

My Ketsupachi is in the air. If it arrives at customs tonight i'll probably hold off. If not... then i don't know. We'll have to see how my patience is.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Shalashaska

My patience is zero so I double dipped. :whyioughtta:

@KOA: Haha that's exactly what I was planning on doing too. Too bad you didn't get Zatsuza to show though.