Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
PCB / Re: DODONPACHI SAIDAIOUJOU SOUND TEST QUESTION
« Last post by lemonc on June 16, 2022, 07:19:55 PM »
Hello.
I had a consultation with a technician in Korea yesterday.
I just found out that all the boards leaving Zamma are printed with mono sound.
So we changed the sound to stereo and proceeded with wiring modification.
I will report the progress later on how different the sound can be through the test before and after.
Half of the fun in shooting games is sound, but I thought a lot to solve this problem.
PCB / Re: Your current CAVE PCB inventory
« Last post by lemonc on June 16, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »
oh finally i found this thread.

All of the Cave games are great, but I personally bought only the best of them.

DDP SDO  - JAPAN AUCTION, SDO-00024
KETSUI     - KANAYA SHOP, NO.3422

If I can afford it, I'd like to buy only Guwange and Dodonpachi.
thank you.
PCB / Re: Your current CAVE PCB inventory
« Last post by Liquidus0 on June 16, 2022, 10:58:23 AM »
Two years and a half later after my last inventory post, I think I completed my "Cave Arcade Games Collecting" quest.

Here's the result :

Inventory :

DODONPACHI *** + MARQUEE & INSTRUCTION SHEET,
DONPACHI (JP)
ESP RA.DE. (JP - 4/14)
GUWANGE

PGM

DODONPACHI DAIOUJOU BLACK LABEL (2002.10.07 – ORIGINAL PRINTED LABEL) *** + METAL CASE
ESPGALUDA *** + MARQUEE + POP
KETSUI - KIZUNA JIGOKU TACHI (JP – 2003/01/01. MASTER VER.) *** FULL KIT

CV1000B

ESPGALUDA 2 *** + ART SET
MUSHIHIMESAMA (2004/10/12 MASTER VER)
MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1.5
MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI BLACK LABEL

CV1000D

DEATHSMILES MEGA BLACK LABEL *** FULL KIT
DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU 1.5
DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU BLACK LABEL *** + ART SET
DODONPACHI SAIDAIOUJOU *** FULL KIT

PC

DEATHSMILES 2 *** + ART SET

EXA ARCADIA (FULL KIT)

AKAI KATANA EXA LABEL
DODONPACHI SAIDAIOUJOU EXA LABEL

OTHER

PROGEAR (DARKSOFT MULTI CPS2)

I was seeking an "Ikeda set" once, but I grew less fond of Batsugun over the years. I think it's a fun game, but it's just not up there for me to own the PCB. I did manage to find a V-V + ART SET though, my favorite Toaplan game. And for Deathsmiles, I just prefer MBL a lot more, so I won't be getting it.

The only other PCB I have some interest in are some matsuri versions and AK Limited, which I will never have realistically given their cost and rarity.

It took me 4 years to gather all of these. I wasn't allowing myself to buy expensive stuff before 2018. I bought them by mostly by selling a lot of retro games I had been collecting since 1993. I went from 5200 games in 2018 to 1300 today. I've never been as happy as I am today with my game collection.

So, unless exA Arcadia gives us more Cave goodness, I'm done searching.

Let's go do some 1CC now.
High Scores - Individual Style / Re: EOJ
« Last post by EOJ on June 15, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »
Another increase in my MFBL Maniac (X360) score with Reco:

924,189,430 - ALL [Lx1, Bx3]

Careless deaths in stages 4 and 5. Entered the last boss fight with 3 lives and 2 bombs.

« Last post by SuperPang on June 14, 2022, 12:49:29 PM »
You're saying that you can't hear it in the arcade because of other shooting games or noise around you, right?
Yes. This is presumably why CAVE weren't worried about it.

I learnt to live with it quite quickly and it no longer bothers me. They were really pushing the CV1000 hardware to its limit.
« Last post by lemonc on June 14, 2022, 10:04:04 AM »
You would never hear it in an arcade. A few of us who bought the game when it came out noticed it.
http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1507.msg29152#msg29152

You're saying that you can't hear it in the arcade because of other shooting games or noise around you, right?

When I got home today, I tried to play with the volume of the pcb to the minimum and the volume of the cabinet speaker to the maximum,then I can hardly hear it. But the sound is so small that I can't feel the three-dimensional effect of the sound at all. I've found some compromise sound, but the sound is too small to feel the reality. In addition, if i turn up the volume a little, i can immediately hear the noise ripping.
You know, if i put an amplifier on the New Astro City cabinet, whatever i won't catch this noise, right?
It's the most expensive board, but it's a shame that there's a sound problem. so sad...
« Last post by SuperPang on June 14, 2022, 09:10:13 AM »
You would never hear it in an arcade. A few of us who bought the game when it came out noticed it.
http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1507.msg29152#msg29152
« Last post by lemonc on June 13, 2022, 07:47:23 PM »
This is normal for this PCB.

I'm not sure the exact technical reasons, but I think the distortion is a compression issue with the sound chip due to all the voices and other effects crammed on there.

I see. I bought this board at a high price, but I thought it was only a problem with the board I bought. Thank you.

I minimized this issue by making the sound as quiet as possible on the PCB (adjust the little volume pot to the point where sound just becomes audible), then turning up the sound on my speakers. I don't hear any distorted sound after doing this. But you really have to fine-tune it to get the sweet spot.

So that's the only way to control it. I've used a volume controller
Sometimes i can't hear it and then i can hear it again. I didn't know how to control it.
I'll adjust it after work today.
I'm so happy that I can get help from people who have the dodonpachi saidaioujou board.
Honestly, I thought there was a problem with only my board.
Thank you so much.
« Last post by EOJ on June 13, 2022, 04:39:06 PM »
I minimized this issue by making the sound as quiet as possible on the PCB (adjust the little volume pot to the point where sound just becomes audible), then turning up the sound on my speakers. I don't hear any distorted sound after doing this. But you really have to fine-tune it to get the sweet spot.

« Last post by SuperPang on June 13, 2022, 10:56:01 AM »
This is normal for this PCB.

I'm not sure the exact technical reasons, but I think the distortion is a compression issue with the sound chip due to all the voices and other effects crammed on there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10