Started by EOJ, November 01, 2011, 03:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Let_It_Be

Do you think this is their way of saying that they are finally moving away from SH3 hardware?

emphatic

Monouchi

Interesting news.

...but I really wonder if we will see a new arcade hardware from Cave? (SH4 etc..)

Chacranajxy

I wonder if any of them will be shooters.  Cave really seems to be breaking their necks to distance themselves from the genre right now... despite that the results haven't exactly been great with stuff like the Bug Panic game and Nin2Jump...

EOJ

We already know they're making a shooter for the Vita. Maybe that's one of the 4 games Asada is working on (it would explain the "new hardware" thing too).

And Asada has said they're going to continue to make shooting games, and a few are planned for next year, so don't worry.
My score archive

texacala

I actually wouldn't mind another Cave adventure game for the Xbox 360.  I think Instant Brain looks pretty fun and it comes with DDP.  I want to buy it if it comes down in price.  I'm probably a lone voice here, but maybe another adventure game with Ibara tagged on?  Or just an Ibara/Ibara BL disc release would be cool.  LE could come with a keychain that exclaims BOMBA! when you press a button. :)

TimingTripod40

They really need to port them to the PC so fans can start translating them. Not like there's any chance of them getting localized.

emphatic

Wasn't the latest arcade related news some time ago that they were working on a new vertical shmup? If they're working on 4 titles at the same time now, how much content from each title will "bleed" over into the other games? Say that there's some new visual effect they come up with, will it be used in all four new titles, I wonder...

Aisha

I remember hearing about a new vertical shmup for the arcades as well, but how long ago was that? Two years?

I also remember back in July reading that Asada was working on an original shooting game for the Windows Phone 7 platform. He mentioned that the game was 20-30% complete at the time and that he would release information and screenshots shortly, but he never did. I wonder what happened to that?

There's also that Dangun Feveron port, which is probably finished by now and in limbo for some reason; issues with marketing, still?

Muchi Muchi Spork

The last vertical arcade shooter they talked about working on could have been referring to the Matsuri Mushihimesama board. They have since said they will keep making arcade shooter kits so long as they can sell, I think it was 500+ kits each time. I think it will happen so long as the quality stays up and they actually print 500+ kits instead of offering a board for 2 days here and there and putting up a sold out sign/marketing ploy.

EOJ

They talked about the new vertical shooter a year ago, not 2 years ago. Search the main page and you'll find:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=34

Muchi Muchi Spork is right though, it could have just been Mushi 1.5.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

I just realized that with nothing new at the end of the year, this is the first year since 2000 that Cave has not released a new arcade shooter. Sign o' the times...

EOJ

Well, we did get Mushi 1.5 earlier in the year, and it's in some Japanese arcades.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: ookitarepanda on November 10, 2011, 09:20:32 PM
I just realized that with nothing new at the end of the year, this is the first year since 2000 that Cave has not released a new arcade shooter. Sign o' the times...

Mushi 1.5!

(and yes, I initially hit the wrong button  :facepalm:   )

ookitarepanda

Quote from: EOJ on November 10, 2011, 09:35:34 PM
Well, we did get Mushi 1.5 earlier in the year, and it's in some Japanese arcades.

I'd agree, but that holds as much sway as a Black label. Yeah, the scoring may be totally upside down and maybe new music, but for the most part it's still an upgrade to an original game, not even a sequel. Also, any year there's been a black label there's been another new game:

Ibara Black with Mushi Futari in 2006
Mushi Futari Black with Deathsmiles and Muchi Muchi Pork in 2007
Deathsmiles Mega Black with Daifukkatsu in 2008
Daifukkatsu Black with Akai Katana in 2010

Maybe I'm bringing up a weak point to a very strong crowd.

TimingTripod40

I still say it's been a good year for Cave between the iPhone games and the deal with RSG. I'm not even sure if the PCBs are still that profitable if they have to go on Facebook and beg fans to buy them.

EOJ

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on November 11, 2011, 01:30:05 AM
I still say it's been a good year for Cave between the iPhone games and the deal with RSG.

This year was great for Cave, but those two things would be near the bottom of my "good year for Cave list" items. Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets X360 port, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label X360 port, Akai Katana X360 port and Instant Brain would be at the top of the list.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

I agree it was a terrific year for them. Cave online store expanding for international users, Xbox live experiment that was successful, all the ports EOJ mentioned, and the new wave of interaction between fans and the company on Facebook and twitter.

EOJ

My score archive

Special World

Chempop

My wish is for Galuda 3, but I'll be happy for any new arcade release (preferably a vert).
Looking forward to the announcements regardless though.

EOJ

We know they'll be console or arcade games. Asada doesn't work in the smartphone game division (Cave has quite a few separate game divisions - one for console, one for arcade (these two have sorta merged recently, though), one for smartphones, and one for PC/online stuff).

We know Asada said there are new arcade ports coming, so that should be at least 1 of the four. He hinted that they're starting on their next adventure game (Instant Brain was just the start - expect more of these in the upcoming years), so that's probably another. Then you have the Vita shooter, and 1 other game, which is probably in a different genre as Asada said he's starting on a game in a new genre.
My score archive

neomoe

What are the odds of us getting retail versions of both an Ibara/Ibara Kuro pack and a Mushi/Mushi 1.5 pack?

though i'd love it, it's probably not too likely, right?  Especially since Ibara and Mushi were already ported (even if the quality was questionable).  

Maybe an Ibara Kuro/Mushi 1.5 pack would be more likely (since those game were never ported before)?

Or could Mushi 1.5 perhaps be an xbla game?  

Special World

I don't think it would be completely out of the question that we'd get a Mushi/1.5 or Ibara/Kuro pack.

DOJ was released on PS2 and then 360, right? Why should it be any different for Ibara/Mushi, when their alternate versions seem much more different from each other than DOJ White/Black?

I'm not saying that I think they're gonna release both as ports, but there is a precedent. I remain hopeful.

Muchi Muchi Spork

The 2nd DOJ was released as the Black Label so it wasn't exactly a 2nd release. It would make (historical data) sense for Ibara and Mushi to be released as Kuro and Matsuri 1.5 on the 360 and then have the originals (and probably a 360 or Arrange) as bonus material since Kuro and Matsuri 1.5 have never had console releases. That is my guess anyway. I can't imagine them not making a profit.

Special World

Right, that's what I'm saying. DOJ Black's differences from White are extremely minuscule, and since Mushi 1.5 and Ibara Kuro are more substantial reworkings, it doesn't seem out of the question for Cave to release a disc for each of those games, with new ports of the original arcade versions to add value, since they're older titles.

I'd be somewhat surprised if Cave announced a Mushi 1.5 pack so soon after the game's PCB release, but I honestly think that's more likely than an Ibara Kuro pack, because of MMP/PS's sales. Knowing Cave's recent strategy, it's not unlikely that they'll release both games to try and round out their catalog. It just seems too hopeful to me at this point, but I so badly want it to happen.

StarCreator

DOJ is a special case - it was licensed to 5pb along with Ketsui as they had the intention of releasing it to XBLA before they were shot down by MS management.  As Cave had little to do with those ports, DOJ and Ketsui can't be considered indicative to Cave's strategy at all.

Special World

Ah, damn. I suppose that's true. I remain skeptically hopeful, though.

Despatche