Main Menu

Welcome back!

Started by EOJ, March 24, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalashaska

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. This was really unexpected! It's nice to see you around again, EOJ, and all of the other old names that I haven't seen in forever!

Like a lot of others, I kind of moved away from the scene years ago as life became busier. I sold my supergun and all my PCB's but still hook up my X360 sometimes. I also have a few of the ports on PC. It's fun going back through these threads though. I'm glad you were able to restore all of this EOJ! Maybe this forum will reignite my love of shmups again.  :righton:

RAR

Wow, Cave-STG back from the dead? Amazing.

I remember a lot of you guys from the old days. I've been pretty much retired from shmups since the last high score in Progear.

Good to see this site back from the dead!

Edit: "At the time I was really burnt out on these games, and the scene in general, and I felt it was an unhealthy and unproductive part of my life. I needed to focus on my family and work.'

I can relate with you on that, EOJ. Minus the family, but life in general. I burned myself out so hard on Progear that I lost the motivation to play any more of danmaku games and completely lost interest in the genre. I went on having a productive life after that, and I don't regret it. Happy to be back and lurking this forum besides shmup forums!

EOJ

Just wanted to say a final thanks to all the posters in this thread. It's so cool to see so many of you from the old days (and a few new faces) turn up here in 2018. I never expected more than a few people to post, actually! The positive response has been overwhelming.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

CHI

Sorry for the late post but... Welcome back EOJ, great to see cave-stg is back up and running, I'll try and visit more often  ;)

EOJ

My score archive

brentsg

Posting another hello because I fell off the face of the earth right about the time this got revived (March).

Had a crazy illness that kicked my ass much of the year, but after much attention to that... with any luck I'll be a bit more active again.

Again, really glad to see this place alive!

EOJ

Sorry to hear about your illness, but it sounds like you are doing better. :righton:

There has not been much activity on these forums in recent months, but here's hoping that changes in the coming year.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

brentsg is alive! Been a while. I hope everything is better now  :)

SuperPang

The good news is that while you've been away your CV1000 stock has continued to soar.

EOJ

I just paid to renew the site and webhosting for another 3 years, so I thought it would be appropriate to bump this thread on its 3 year anniversary. Most people in this thread have disappeared, but you're all welcome back at any time. 

Keep on CAVE-shootin'. :righton:
My score archive

el_rika

We really appreciate your efforts man. Thank you for keeping this little part of us, alive a little longer  :righton:

SuperPang

Yep. Thanks EOJ. The forum is certainly quieter than it once was (and that's hardly surprising given CAVE haven't developed a proper shmup in almost a decade) but I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers making use of the many handy resources here.

Plasmo

Thanks for keeping the forum up!

I still use it as a resource on a regular basis. Great site! :righton:

DarthBoMan

Yeah, big thanks! I am not a very active member on any forum these days. But I lurk and read a lot. The amount of information here is priceless. It has helped me become a better player for sure. Not that I am very good today, but better than I used to be.  :cool:

Liquidus0

Much appreciated EOJ. Thanks !

EOJ

Cheers, fellas (and any gals, if you're out there). =D

A common theme is "it's a great resource". I am glad for that, but I hope it will again be a "great, active community", like it was back in the day. Unfortunately, it doesn't look to be moving in that direction. No matter what I do, I'm not sure the site can compete with twitter, youtube and the discords these days! The internet is survival of the fittest, and after a certain point there is not much you can do to push back against the inertia.

There is someone named Starcreator who has lied about me for years on Neogaf and Resetera in long tirades. Some insane story that I banned him in 2012 before I shut down the site, for no reason at all, and thus I am a 'tyrant' and a terrible person. If you check his post history here, you'll see that's not true (and anyone around here in 2012 knows it's not true). He was posting here right up to the end. I had no problem with him in 2012. He seemed nice and his posts were good. He's not even banned here, even after I read this garbage! That's because I sorta feel bad for him. Anyone who makes up a bunch of lies about some nobody (and in the grand scheme of the internet, I'm a nobody) and spends their time posting these lies on large web forums has some serious problems. Anyway, I have a hunch crazy lies like this have been spread and pushed people away from the site. So I'm just setting the record straight here in case anyone cares to know the truth.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negative. I'll keep posting the same content I always have, and welcoming any members (new or old) to join in.
My score archive

SuperPang

First I've heard of these crazy lies. I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think you're right that the community is spread more thinly these days, but it's mainly because when the forum started, CAVE were releasing around two arcade games and/or two ports a year. Different times.

Third_strike

Thanks for keeping this place alive!

EOJ

Quote from: Third_strike on March 28, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
Thanks for keeping this place alive!

No problem! It'll be around until I'm old and gray and my joints ache too much to dodge the bullets. At that point, if there's any interest left, I'll give the site to someone else to carry on. That's my plan, at least.

Quote from: SuperPang on March 28, 2021, 07:39:09 AM
First I've heard of these crazy lies. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Hopefully you're right. In any case I'm glad to have finally addressed these lies (I've known about them for many years) and publicly disproved them.
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Without new releases, as said above, this place is definitely more of an archive, with huge value, than an active community. However, I prefer forums over Discord for some information, as it's easier to follow etc. Discord is nice for chat, but for a proper discussion, is actually really useful to have more documented forum posts.

I'll be posting more, moving forwards, I just need to find the right sub forums to post :)