Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara

Started by jpj, December 13, 2007, 01:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quotebut does the lives up top disappear on GER's vids (this is how i remember it)?  or do they cycle, and then fix at two up top?

Like Plasmo said, they cycle with 2 fixed at top. So it enters multiply mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

EOJ

DEL should also check the start up copyright screen - see if there's an extra period before the MASTER VER.
Also, did he check the birds on the first stage? Supposedly they aren't in the 'fixed' boards.
My score archive

DEL

Yep, they cycle to two fixed up top, I saw that on the first Pink Sweets video I dl'd.  
The board is on pure default.  I can't check whether it works in any other way than doing it properly on default, as its in the arcade and of course I can't access the dips.
Could someone do the experiment and switch their board to Normal with 1mil extends to see what happens when more than 5 lives (up top) are gained? - and report back...

EOJ

QuoteCould someone do the experiment and switch their board to Normal with 1mil extends to see what happens when more than 5 lives (up top) are gained? - and report back...

Icarus and a few other people already did this - once you get the sixth spare life it cycles back to 2 and you enter the infinite lives mode.
My score archive

EOJ

SCORE ATTACK MODE

EOJ - 3,900,250 - Lace (A)

Finally made it to the end boss, but only had 20 seconds left going into the fight. Couldn't quite make it to the second phase with the point-rich lightning attack. This was the first time I no-missed SA mode from start to finish, however.
My score archive

jpj

EOJ

Normal mode:

EOJ - 5,873,360 - Stage 5 - Lace (A)

Sorry for the crappy pics.

I no missed up to the ST4 midboss. I had 5 spare lives, but didn't milk the ST3 midboss enough to get the 6th extend to appear. Got the 5th extend to pop out at the start of ST4. Used rapid-B in ST3 in the section starting at the fixed extend and ending at the midboss.

High rank + special power up + massive slowdown = incredible fun in ST4. :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Finally cleared this damn game.

NORMAL MODE
9,577,390 - EOJ - ALL - Lace (A) - [Used Infinite lives trick]

My score archive

jpj

woohoo!  would like to hear how you got on after triggering the trick.  did you do it in st3, or st5?  what was the rank like?

Plasmo

Lame but neat. :/
Congrats!:)

EOJ

I got it triggered on the ST3 boss. If you don't get it there you're pretty much screwed as you have to wait until ST5 usually. You have to use rapid B in ST 3 to jack up the rank, milk the ST3 boss's bullets for awhile, then get the last 1UP on one of his bombs.

The rank was pretty bad in stages 4 and 5 - I must have died like 15 times there. ST6 seemed easier for some reason, I only died a couple times up until the boss, and never lost my medal chain.

The run was actually pretty awful up until stage 6 - I finished St5 with just 4.5mil. But, I went on to get over 4 mil on ST6. It really wouldn't be too hard to get 10+mil, but I don't feel like trying to trigger that damn infinite lives again. Took forever, and frankly after clearing the game I don't have much desire to play it again. :/
My score archive

jpj

yeah, i can totally understand that :lol:

so do you mean you only started rapid B once you reached stage 3?  i still can't believe there isn't a 15+ mill replay out there anywhere...   well, at least not one that you can actually see :rolleyes:

EOJ

yeah, I use it a little at the start of the stage, then from the fixed 1UP until the midboss (you have to get a 1UP here). Then a little more before the start of the ST3 boss fight.

It's surely easier to do with Shasta, but I have fucked it up with her at the last minute about 1000 times for some reason. I think I just got lucky on this Lace run.
My score archive

EOJ

I was playing as Shasta today, determined to get an ALL with her, but once again I kept screwing up the infinite lives. So I played a few credits with Lace, amazingly triggered the infinite lives with her again, and went on to get a letter score!

NORMAL MODE
10,602,760 - EOJ - ALL [used infinite lives trick] - Lace (A)

Overall a much better run than my last one, though I only got a bit over 3mil on stage 6. I discovered a great place to milk points in stage 7 as well: when you get to the midboss, stay at the bottom of the screen, don't shoot, and just keep bombing those drones that come out of it. Do this until the midboss times out. I got over 600,000 points doing this. :shock:

Anyway, this run was a lot more enjoyable to play through than my last clear. This is pretty much the best score I can do (my theoretical max would be 13-14mil, if I could pull everything together, but that's never going to happen). I may, however, try a low rank clear without the infinite lives. Watching GER's Lace clear has gotten me interested...unless of course someone buys my kit soon. :D
My score archive

jpj

maybe take a break, and have some fun with score attack mode :)

updated!

Shalashaska

elf

Quote from: EOJyeah, I use it a little at the start of the stage, then from the fixed 1UP until the midboss (you have to get a 1UP here). Then a little more before the start of the ST3 boss fight.

It's surely easier to do with Shasta, but I have fucked it up with her at the last minute about 1000 times for some reason. I think I just got lucky on this Lace run.
so how much less is the possibility you can trigger the ifinite lives with a usual arcade board, without auto-buttons and stuff

EOJ

You can still do it, lots of Japanese players have. I don't think you can get it by the end of stage 3 though. I've read of a guy getting the last extend in Stage 4, though usually you have to get it in Stage 5. If you milk the Stage 4 boss's destructible bullets enough, you can get it at the start of stage 5.
My score archive

EOJ

NORMAL MODE
7,101,770 - EOJ - ALL [used infinite lives trick] - Shasta (A)

Okay, finally got the clear with Shasta. :D I got the last extend at the very beginning of stage 4. I think I have it down with Shasta now. I'm going to try again and get a better score, because this one is awful. I couldn't keep my medal chain at all past stage 4. Then again I never play with Shasta past stage 5, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Also, even though i died a lot, the rank seemed ferocious on this run. Weird.

I'm getting a bit better at triggering the infinite lives - I have my routine down, and I know exactly where to bomb and where to use rapid B. I'd say it's on par with a Mushi futari 1.5 Maniac mode clear, in terms of difficulty. If you don't use rapid B, it's more on par with a Ketsui 1-ALL (unless you don't medal).

Next up: Kasumi. Also, I've decided to keep my kit for now, due to all the fun I've been having with the game this week.

PS-My Lace scores were erased because I was practicing stages 5 & 7 yesterday, and to do so I had to fiddle with the default settings. :/
My score archive

elf

jpj

EOJ changes his mind about pink sweets ...... again :lol:

shasta #1 slot :righton:

edit: and sorry to be a pain dude, but could you post the scores:
name - score - stage - ship

:D

EOJ

Quote from: jpjEOJ changes his mind about pink sweets ...... again :lol:
Yeah, what is that? 5 times? Don't be surprised if it happens again. :P

Quoteedit: and sorry to be a pain dude, but could you post the scores:
name - score - stage - ship

:D
Gotcha!
My score archive

EOJ

NORMAL MODE
EOJ - 8,044,320 - ALL (triggered infinite lives & used rapid B) - Shasta (A)

I discovered you can get the last 1UP from one of the bombs from the ST3 boss by just bombing them, which makes things a lot easier. Of course you do have to milk the second phase of the boss for a number of rounds. It's really weird, I bombed the first round of bombs, and no 1UP, I didn't shoot at all, then I bombed the next round and a 1UP flies out. Something's wacky with that hit counter!

Anyone else playing this awesome game?
My score archive

jpj

i'll probably start playing again soon  :)

elf

i just can say congrats with all your ALL's.
Dont stop until you're done with every chick ;);)

EOJ

Thanks. I'm trying for an Extended Mode ALL with Shasta now, and I'm pretty close. The rank is higher from the start though, so it's taking some adjustment to get used to it. After that I'd like to get a Midi&Meidi or Kasumi ALL in Normal mode. I still have to clear Score Attack as well. ;)
My score archive

EOJ

Could you open an Extended chart, jpj? I need to put this score up on it. ;)

EXTENDED MODE
EOJ - 16,491,980 - 2-ALL (triggered infinite lives & used rapid B) - Shasta (A)

The second loop was fun.
My score archive

elf

beautiful!
God bless the official-cave-cheat
seriously dont let Plasmo see that, though.

jpj

Quote from: EOJThe second loop was fun.
i bet!  :lol: