Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

febas

Very good, that dlc it's included in normal edition yet!!!

It's a good method for people that "buy" the download game from internet!!!

great!

FEB

GaijinPunch

QuoteI always thought it would be really hard to replicate that via software.

It's not if the slowdown is actually programmed in the first place.  You'd think it was in Death Smiles since they did so good at replicating it in Arcade Mode... yet WTF happened w/ 360 mode & MBL?  We'll need to ask a fly on the wall who frequents Cave developer meetings.

Fucked up slowdown will crucify God Mode.

SuperPang

I think the slowdown in DS 360 mode was an improvement. I never found it unfair. They dropped the ball with MBL though and theres no room for error with Futari, if they remove more than a little bit it will be a complete nightmare

adverse

Mushi Futari will be at the MS TGS booth:

http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=15356

which indicates MS support for the game which is a good thing.

EOJ

The newest blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/09/index.html

Says you'll be able to try the following modes, each up to the end of stage 2:

Futari 1.5 (Arcade / X360)
Futari Arrange
Futari Novice

Asada will be there in the booth each day except on the 25th, as he'll be busy doing interviews and sales shit that day.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Megalixir

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8202420

Arrange footage. Very challenging midboss, don't you agree?

Edit: I guess this is old footage but I never downloaded the links on the Cave blog, so in any case, direct link to instant footage regardless.

Megalixir

The PV is finally on the Japanese marketplace. I suppose they deliberately stalled it for TGS, because it's now mixed in with a bunch of other TGS stuff. Including Raystorm HD.

SuperPang

Looks real nice, especially the bosses. Actually makes me think its a shame Caves SH-3 generation wasn't high res. Don't get me wrong, I love 15KHz, but from the assets they're using here it seems the original renders could've looked much better. I wonder if it was purely a hardware decision or one favouring the number of Egret 2's in the wild.

Megalixir

http://kotaku.com/5368190/bullet-hell-shooter-creators-cave-going-region+free-for-next-xbox-360-game

Kotaku link, yeah... sorry about that. Still, apparently it's going to be region free. That's great news!!

I'm so going to otonagai that shit so Asada will make future games region free as well.

SuperPang

This is a very unusual and generous decision for a publisher testing the waters but good for them if it happens. I'll certainly be buying copies for people who don't want them.

HVL

This is almost too good to be true. Great news if it really happens but I won't be rejoicing before the discs are printed w/o region locking. ;)

gsl

Hell yes.  The preorder at Play-Asia shall stand, and I might as well start setting some cash aside for that 360 now.  If no Cave tiitles past this get a region-free release, I think I'll still feel good about only springing for a US 360, as this should keep me busy for a long while.  Really damn excited now.

NR777

GaijinPunch

Guess I should hook up my 360 again to check this out.  Haven't been playing much of anything recently.

GaijinPunch

Oh, boy.  This will be fun.
Limit of 1 type per person, so you can get 1 Reco card, and 1 Palm card.

YJ fist fuck to ensue.

And of course, the server is absolutely fucking hammered to a grinding hault, as usual.  Way to embrace technology, Cave.

GaijinPunch

Reco version sold out.  Now just the homo Palm/Aki version.

EOJ

Yep. And one per customer. Lame. I had to cancel all the preorders I was going to do for people.

EDIT: Palm version just sold out too.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

adverse

SuperPang

LOL. Sometimes Cave seem very reluctant to take any money through their odd little excuse for a shop.

Megalixir

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Can't say I'm not a bit disappointed.

NR777

Preorder confirmed through play-asia.  Now the wait begins.  So happy I'll finally get to play this.

EDIT: Cave's "Experiment" may be a success.  Mushi Futari is at the top of the best seller list for the 360 on play-asia.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: SuperPang on September 28, 2009, 06:25:53 AM
LOL. Sometimes Cave seem very reluctant to take any money through their odd little excuse for a shop.

Typical Japanese thing.  Once a food product takes off, the think they're going to make too much money and quit making it.

fuse

Yeah, tis a bit of a shame but I think given the circumstances I'll probably downgrade to the normal edition. Given that I'd already written the cash off for the LE, and that I have Play-Asia credit to the tune of $65, I am now thinking of grabbing Bayonetta + Sin & Punishment 2 at the end of next month to tide me over until I can get my grubby mitts on Futari. Cheers for trying though EOJ :)

adverse

Just FYI, if you were trying to order the LE of this I'm pretty sure the pre-orders are totally sold out.

Given that, I'd be shocked if Mushi Futari doesn't sell straight through its first order.  Hope they've got a re-stock planned.

HVL

Ended up preordering the normal. Should have known better and ignored the LE altogether. :rolleyes:

EOJ

There was another new blog post today:

-Futari 1.5 is complete, the master has been sent.
-They have about 20,000 preorders, the same as they had with Deathsmiles (foreign orders don't seem to have made an impact in this regard).
-Work will continue on Futari Black Label now.

There is also some talk about Ketsui which I'll post in the Ketsui thread.
My score archive

StarCreator

Did they specifically say something about the foreign orders?  The fact it was the top selling game on Play-Asia for a few days following the announcement must mean something at least...

cstarflare

How much would you need to get the top spot on Play Asia? Being #1 is great but doesn't give any perspective as to how many orders have actually been placed.

GaijinPunch

Did they specifically say something about the foreign orders? 

EOJ made the comparison since DS was region locked, and Futari isn't.