Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucklemyshoe

Quote from: StarCreator on October 21, 2009, 08:08:31 AM
... and they're already sold out.  Wow.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-br-49-en-84-j-70-3j1c.html

It's back in stock. I'm biting the bullet.

I own the LE of Trigger Heart Exelica sooo.....

adverse

Just noticed another interview with Asada in the Mushi Futari section of Fam 360.  He mentions that Arcade/360 mode has exactly the same slowdown as the arcade version thanks to M2.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2009, 04:37:37 AM
He mentions that Arcade/360 mode has exactly the same slowdown as the arcade version thanks to M2.

That is great if true. Though judging from the clips of Original mode 360 they showed in the promo vid, Original 360 is missing some (but maybe they added it later?).

As long as they don't fuck it up like DSMBL, I'll be pretty happy.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

More details:

Asada says they learned their lesson from DS about the accuracy of slowdown replication.

Mushi Futari Arrange will have a fever mode a bit like Deathsmiles which will encourage players to stay in fever as long as possible.

SuperPang

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2009, 04:37:37 AM
Just noticed another interview with Asada in the Mushi Futari section of Fam 360.  He mentions that Arcade/360 mode has exactly the same slowdown as the arcade version thanks to M2.
Fantastic news. I'm confident this is gonna be aces now.

brentsg

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2009, 05:49:49 AM
More details:

Asada says they learned their lesson from DS about the accuracy of slowdown replication.

They should go back and patch it then!  That is one benefit of the current console landscape, the ability to actually fix things that went wrong.

adverse

In the arcade waiting for dfk...lol

just read the mushi futari review. 8876

they fucking have an ESP II pic instead of a mushi futari pic on the review.  Telling!

EOJ

What were the complaints? Especially the guy who gave it a 6. I know a few guys gave DS lower scores because they said Arcade mode made their eyes bleed on an LCD. I have a bad feeling Futari will be the same.
My score archive

adverse

6 guy said he couldn't tell WTF is going on in arrange mode.  Too many bullets for experts etc

two reviewers complained "not much content"

EOJ

Ah, then we don't have to give up on the hope of a scanline option just yet.  :righton:

This is Famitsu 360, right? Famitsu will review it later. I don't expect more insightful reviews from them, but I bet they'll get the pic right.
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2009, 10:40:18 AM

Right. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the slowdown news are really fantastic.

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on October 25, 2009, 12:55:41 AM
I don't think this was mentioned here before, but Asada recently mentioned the Futari LE will be in an over-sized DVD box case. It will not be a cardboard slipcase with the normal edition package and soundtrack housed inside, like the Deathsmiles LE (and Mamoru-kun LE) was.

Interesting....but I hope that doesn't mean that the soundtrack won't get its own separate jewel case.  If that's the case I'll be kinda disappointed...

adverse

Ok, there were some details on the Arrange mode written up in the Famitsu 360 that I didn't have time to write up.  Sounds like it could have really deep gameplay.

"In Arrange, your secondary character forms a barrier for you.  While using shot, enemy bullets will be slowed and paused, and when firing laser the stopped bullets will bounce back and lots of gems will be generated.  What's important here are the 4-digit numbers at the bottom of the screen.  When your control character is using shot, this will increase, and when the control character uses laser it will quickly drop.  However, if your reserve character gets hit by a bullet, the counter of the control character will drop.  Your reserve character's counter will not drop and will go on increasing, so a precise switching of both characters is required.  When both gauges are at 9999, you enter fever mode in which you are much more powerful and your score increases greatly."

This is gonna be hot.

moozooh

Sounds even more confusing than I expected, good job, Ikeda. :D
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

brentsg

You know it has a deep scoring system when you have to take notes. :righton:

antares

lol. I can't think of any other shmup port that offers more content than Futari.

RAR

Has it been confirmed that the port will be region free, or was it a bad translation? I recall someone mentioning that in one of the threads in this forum. I would like to order a copy, but I don't want to get stuck with a coaster because I don't have a Japanese Xbox 360.

Monouchi

Quote from: antares on November 05, 2009, 02:23:41 AM

lol. I can't think of any other shmup port that offers more content than Futari.

True.
Its like today people expect so much customization, achievements etc etc that they "cannot see the forest cos of all the trees."

If Cave made the port with only arcade mode, I would still be happy.

adverse

Anyone complaining about lack of contents in the Futari port is probably at the very bottom of the leaderboards because they didn't even bother to learn what is there.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on November 04, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

"In Arrange, your secondary character forms a barrier for you.  While using shot, enemy bullets will be slowed and paused, and when firing laser the stopped bullets will bounce back and lots of gems will be generated.  What's important here are the 4-digit numbers at the bottom of the screen.  When your control character is using shot, this will increase, and when the control character uses laser it will quickly drop.  However, if your reserve character gets hit by a bullet, the counter of the control character will drop.  Your reserve character's counter will not drop and will go on increasing, so a precise switching of both characters is required.  When both gauges are at 9999, you enter fever mode in which you are much more powerful and your score increases greatly."

Yeah, you can see that in action (in Maniac mode) in SIN's vid he posted. Frankly, it didn't seem too exciting to me, but maybe once I try it out I'll change my tune.
My score archive

EOJ

The official site opened up yesterday:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/mushihime2/index.html

It includes a detailed section on the new Arrange mode.
Some new details (mixed in with info already posted by adverse on the previous page):

-There is a button to switch characters (defaults to X). You also switch between 'OS' and 'DS' when you switch characters (see below).
-the counter on the bottom left is called the 'offense' counter, on the 'offense side' (OS). It increases as you absorb all gems except the blue-hued ones
-the counter on the bottom right is called the 'defense' counter, on the 'defense side' (DS). It increases as you absorb bullets with your option. It decreases when bullets hit the option's hitbox or when you reflect bullets back at the enemy.
-Hold shot while on the DS and your option moves as a trace.
-Hold laser while on the DS and your option is fixed in place.
-While using shot on the DS your option forms a barrier (or 'guard') which you can use to absorb bullets. It also slows the speed of bullets.
-You can absorb bullets as long as your DS counter is not at zero.
-To reflect bullets back you have to be on the DS and have a counter that is not zero. Absorb bullets while holding shot then press laser to reflect them back in the form of gems (the bullets never do any damage to the enemy and are always reflected back as gems for you to absorb). The longer you hold the guard before you press laser, the more gems you'll spawn.

One observation: the whole DS barrier thing is similar to Ibara Kuro's XTC sphere - and they both have counters that go up to 9999 as you let bullets into the sphere/barrier.

I'll add this link to the first post of the thread.
My score archive

EOJ

Just got an email from the Cave shop - they will be selling the standard version of this game with a free telephone card, starting from 11/14.

http://cave-matsuri.shop-pro.jp/?pid=16333427

They sell it for the MSRP (7140yen), which is a ripoff really as you can get it from amazon.co.jp for under 5700 yen. So unless you really want the stupid phone card, I don't see the point.
My score archive

brentsg

It makes sense though...  Add some exclusive collectors item but don't undercut your retailers.

EOJ

Asada made a new blog post. He says Futari Black Label is pretty much done (about 2 months after they started), so I will be very surprised if the slowdown is completely accurate. He says they'll likely put it up for download before the end of the year, which is basically what I hypothesized much earlier in this thread.

He also said he'll announce the next port(s) at the Cave festival in December.
My score archive

Megalixir

There's now an interview with Asada on the Japanese 360 marketplace, for Gold users. With orange hair.

He showcases the game by playing Arrange mode on Ultra.

EOJ

Meh, all they show is the damn arrange mode. Give me a single vid of Maniac or Ultra arcade modes please.   :whyioughtta:
My score archive

EOJ

It's been upped to nico douga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8828417

For those who don't have access otherwise.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I've saw it.......The arrange mode looks like GigaWing :rolleyes:
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

My score archive

NR777

Really looking forward to this.

May be slightly off-topic, but how long does P-A typically take to ship an order to the US?  I've never imported before, and I live in NYC.