Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 Strategy

Started by adverse, November 08, 2009, 09:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptoing

So I got my Asian 360 yesterday and been playing this quite a bit.
I managed to get the DDP midbosses a bunch of times, but 2 times I did not get then in the first 2 stages but then in stage 3.
How does this happen?

Aliquantic

Don't miss revealed bees and don't die basically... actually it's get all the bees period, thanks to Erppo for the correction.

ookitarepanda

To trigger the DDP bosses for 3rd stage onwards, you have to get all of the bees. If you die while fighting them, you might not get one in the next stage. I think that has something to do with continuing to get all of the bees and not dying.

As for the 1st and 2nd stage, you have to get the 1st stage DDP boss in order to get the 2nd stage. The 1st stage one requires some messy requirements about blowing up silos and tanks in a certain order and hypering and calling EOJ in Japan to say "OHAYOU!" and stabbing yourself in the foot and riding a dinosaur, then the 1st DDP boss shows up. I've tried everything that the internet claims is the way to do it, but none of them have worked for me reliably. But I dare you to ride a dinosaur, I bet that would trigger the boss's arrival.

HVL

In the beginning of the first stage, you must not let the tanks run over the (two?) silos. As ookitarepanda pointed out, the exact requirements are quite hazy.

I copied a pattern from a superplay and I can trigger the Ura midbosses no problem. :laugh:

trev1976

Whats the trick to keeping the hyper gauge full in strong mode ? Im trying to copying what the guy does in the superplay and can get my chain to about 9000-10000 when i activate my last hyper during the 2nd Stage Last Boss but after that it drops back down to zero so i cant start stage 3 with a full hyper meter , In the superplay his gague seems to alway be full ?

Sorry still trying to work this game out  :facepalm:

trev1976

Quote from: trev1976 on October 08, 2011, 12:03:10 PM
Whats the trick to keeping the hyper gauge full in strong mode ? Im trying to copying what the guy does in the superplay and can get my chain to about 9000-10000 when i activate my last hyper during the 2nd Stage Last Boss but after that it drops back down to zero so i cant start stage 3 with a full hyper meter , In the superplay his gague seems to alway be full ?

Sorry still trying to work this game out  :facepalm:

Ill anwser this myself , when you enter hyper mode you have to hover over the enemy while invincible, this increases your hyper meter very quickly 

ookitarepanda

Quote from: trev1976 on October 26, 2011, 03:58:05 PMIll anwser this myself , when you enter hyper mode you have to hover over the enemy while invincible, this increases your hyper meter very quickly 

It's a really awesome strategy for bosses, too. Doesn't work pretty much at all on the black label version.

darkidol

Some tips that've helped me chain through the Omote mid-bosses: Stage 1 - predominate your laser on the small silos on the right hand side of the screen, flicking off the popcorns with your shot before the boss appears, hold your laser on the centre-right/right-hand side of the bosses form until it's last attack - making sure the small flotilla of popcorns is still just to your left - and when it's just about to blow flick your shot over them for a brief second and switch back to laser to kill the boss.  You should have enough of a chain guage boost to carry your ship over to the far left and/or right to hit the remaning land based popcorns before the helicopters appear for the last past of the level.

Stage 2 - I've had some success keeping my eye mostly on the chain guage and tapping shot with a very slow but steady rhythm on the two swarms of Galaga type enemies that snake onto the screen, then obviously holding laser at the last one.  For the destruction of the boss I've had success positioning my laser in the 2nd quarter of the screen (if you imagine the screen in quarters left to right - 1,2,3,4).  Hypering through him is very easy this way (even possible to get some boost from his spawn) but make sure to start your finishing laser early as milking his early patterns for hits always tends to kill my chain easily.

Stage 3 - Not perfected this one but I get the impression positioning during the downwards-moving swarm and into the mini-midboss type thing plays a big part, with obviously the small popcorns at the bottom edge of the screen being crucial also.  Can't say anything about holding the chain through it's death... don't think I've ever did it...

Stage 4 - I find chaining through the first Galaga type things into the chain of ships the hardest part - requires perfect memorization from what I can tell.  The route up to the boss is actually quite simple with the path clearly laid out - make sure to grab up the popcorns that appear while your fighting the actual boss, can be hard to see them sometimes through it's pattern.  I've found the destruction part to be hit or miss, but if you do catch the first helicopter, be sure to go easy on the little swarms that drop down by tapping shot slowly until your over land again and the first lasers appear.

As for Stage 5 - I find the Stage 5 Omote boss a nightmare in general (can no miss the Ura regularly without hypers...) so any tips on handling it's first pattern would be appreciated.

gunni

What does smuggling hypers mean? Activating a hyper just before the end of a level so that it's still active at the beginning of the next?

Also is it benificial to hyper bosses point wise? During the fight? Or just at the end so the stars turn yellow?
Yellow vs Gold stars point difference?

Third_strike

QuoteWhat does smuggling hypers mean? Activating a hyper just before the end of a level so that it's still active at the beginning of the next?
Yes.
QuoteAlso is it benificial to hyper bosses point wise? During the fight? Or just at the end so the stars turn yellow?
??? Can't understand.

TimingTripod40

I think he's asking if the gold stars are worth more while in hyper.

adverse

Quote from: gunni on July 18, 2012, 01:09:01 PM
What does smuggling hypers mean? Activating a hyper just before the end of a level so that it's still active at the beginning of the next?

Also is it benificial to hyper bosses point wise? During the fight? Or just at the end so the stars turn yellow?

Late: smuggling hypers = exactly what you said.

The stars do not change color no matter what you do to the bosses, AFAIK they are always gold. It's not about hypering bosses per se as it was in DOJ, where you could jack the Hit counter up really high and rake in huge bonuses. Boss bonuses are quite insignificant in DFK, however milking the bosses with hyper in Power Style is a huge part of world record scores (unfortunately).

EOJ

WR holder T2 recently posted something on twitter that gives insight into top level B-Strong scoring.

https://twitter.com/snnmay/status/1145360501095841792

He notes the following are the hardest parts of the loops with B-Strong (difficulty ranked from one to five stars), but the implication is they are necessary for WR-level scoring:

-Dodging 2-2 boss opening pattern without a hyper (one star)
-First loop of the 2-3 boss (three stars) *Omote loop only
-Beginning of 2-4 without carrying over (five stars) *Omote loop only
-No (something) on the gatling lasers in 2-5 (three stars) [I don't know what he's referring to with the "no", perhaps no "hyper", or no "autobomb"?]
-No (something) on the last midboss (Dogaku) in 2-5 (two stars) [Maybe no "hyper" or "autobomb" again?]
-Milking second phase of 2-5 boss (four stars)
-Hibachi no bomb (four stars)

So that 2-4 "without carrying over" opening pattern is the hardest thing in either loop. Not really sure exactly what he is talking about here, unfortunately. Maybe hyper level??

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I can't seem to find anyone mentioning this here before, but it is apparent that in the loops the chaining meter (aka "combo gauge") decreases at a slower rate (about half the speed?) than in the first five stages, making it a bit easier to connect combos amidst the bullet hell.
My score archive

el_rika

Great info. Never reached 2nd loop myself though  :bigsmile:

EOJ

Video of the mythical stage 3 boss final pattern glitch that lets you milk it with ease in Power style:

https://twitter.com/LEN21746060/status/1626497063994429441

Very difficult to pull this off, apparently you have to get the boss's health down to the point where it just starts flashing red, then hold normal laser (and get lucky with the timing). Not sure if it is restricted to B-Power. Also not sure if this is possible to do in any of the ports.
My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: EOJ on February 17, 2023, 11:14:57 PM
Video of the mythical stage 3 boss final pattern glitch that lets you milk it with ease in Power style:

https://twitter.com/LEN21746060/status/1626497063994429441

Very difficult to pull this off, apparently you have to get the boss's health down to the point where it just starts flashing red, then hold normal laser (and get lucky with the timing). Not sure if it is restricted to B-Power. Also not sure if this is possible to do in any of the ports.

After a bit of digging, I found a video of this on nico douga from 2010, with C-Power:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13015944
My score archive