I hate all retail packaging and so on [re: Ketsui X360]

Started by bcass, April 20, 2010, 12:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

I don't care, I hate all retail packaging and physical discs.  It's pretty shitty packaging for an LE though.

HVL

Quote from: bcass on April 20, 2010, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: HVL on April 20, 2010, 11:07:47 AM
Shot of the LE box. Looking pretty cool.

That's no box.  It's a flimsy piece of PVC with no top or bottom that slips over the two DVD cases.  Just about the cheapest nastiest option they could have gone for.

That's pretty funny when it's coming from a digital distribution advocate.

Not trying to start retail/digital war, as it's been done to death, but what the hell.

bcass

It was an observation made for the benefit of people who have cardboard box fetishes.  This is a particularly nasty/cheap form of packaging though.  

Does anybody have a full track listing for the audio disc(s)?  Will be interesting to see if they've missed out some tracks like they've done with most of the bundled audio CDs recently.

StarCreator

Please define "they", as this is the first 5pb Cave release to include a soundtrack.

bcass

"They" refers to both Cave and 5pb, but neither exclusively.

StarCreator

So you're implying that the Ketsui release by 5pb, created with a completely different management and production team, is subject to the same history as Cave's releases?

That's a pretty shaky argument if you ask me.  It's kind of like looking at XS Games' localization history for the Shikigami no Shiro series and holding prejudice against Aksys's releases because of it.

bcass

Quote from: StarCreator on April 20, 2010, 03:44:38 PMcreated with a completely different management and production team

All the remixing was done by Basiscape, who do pretty much all of Cave's remixing.  Looking at the quality of that LE packaging, and past blunders by 5pb, it wouldn't at all surprise me if these new arrange CDs were compiled with the same lack of effort.  Still, let's wait for a full track list eh before you get too hot under the collar...

EOJ

People regularly confound 5pb and Cave, though I don't really know why. Cave had nothing to do with Ketsui's LE package or arranged soundtrack, so "they" is certainly silly to use.

Basiscape does music for tons of different companies (atlus, sega, konami, square-enix, etc), btw. They have no special connection with Cave, and in fact Cave isn't even mentioned on their list of "selected clients" on their official webpage.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bcass

I never suggested Cave had any affinity with Ketsui's LE package or its soundtrack.  I also never suggested Basiscape were in Cave's pocket.  I was merely pointing out that they were responsible for much of Cave's recent remixing work.

Still, if that's not now completely clear, allow me to rephrase my original comment, to spare us all of the internet equivalent of watching paint dry...

It will be interesting to see if they've missed out some tracks like Cave have done with most of the bundled audio CDs recently.

EOJ

Topic split, locked, and moved to Off Topic. Once again, I can't stand bcass's ridiculousness in main threads.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999