How do you display or store your arcade artwork?

Started by EOJ, December 27, 2018, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I have all of my CAVE arcade art/instruction sets in a box in the closet. Just sitting there. Doing nothing and viewed by no one.  :displeased:

I figure I might as well sell them if they will just sit in a box for months/years on end. However, I would rather display them in some fashion so I'm looking for advice on what others do.

I don't have a cab, so I was thinking of two options: 1) Framing them, 2) putting them in an A4 binder. Maybe a mix of these two. For example, it might be cool to have all the move strips lined up in one frame.
It is easier to deal with the A4 marquees and instructions (the A4 binder idea), but the big POPs are another story. Maybe custom frames for those? Another option is a custom frame with everything in it (POP, A4 marquee, inst, move strip), but those would be quite large and expensive.

Any other ideas?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Mine just sits in the boxes. It's too valuable to put blu-tac on to fix it to a marquee anymore.  :facepalm:

I have a full set of the promo flyers in a book which is nice.

brentsg

I have all of my Neo MVS boxes and bubble wrap broken down and stored in a huge Rubbermaid container in storage.  The associated artwork is stored in long flat Rubbermade containers with the game carts.. under a bed.  That allows it to be stored flat (for stickers).  I even separated the games and art into smoking and non-smoking containers.   :laugh:

A lot of my Cave boxes are stored in a large plastic unit with drawers.  Each unit only holds 16 kits or so.. so eventually I ran out of room and started stacking them in the top of my office closet.  I didn't like how the move strips were stored bent so I bought the largest hardback book I could find (it's like 3 feet tall) to protect these and keep them flat.  I used something safe as padding between the book paper and artwork .. don't remember what at this point.

I don't have that much other arcade art.. some Raizing stuff in the original boxes.  I have NOS art for Ms. Pac/Galaga Class of '81 that I snagged just in case mine got damaged.  That's just stored flat and taking up a ton of space.  I have rolled posters coming out my rear..  no idea what's even in the tubes at this point.

I have a ton of Caves reproduction artwork sets from their festivals.  That's all stored separately on a shelf, not mixed with the originals.  I didn't want to be in violation if Skykid ever visited the States.

So yeah.. nothing displayed.  I even have one of the DOJ framed prints signed by Joker Jun that isn't displayed.. need to sell that.

Monouchi

I only have one kit and that is put up inside the box in a glass shelf, though then I display lots of other art (Not included in the kit) beside it.
I would like to display the pop, move strip etc better.

All my Gun frontier art + flyer is put up in a frame.