Main Menu

EOJ

Started by EOJ, January 17, 2011, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I finally got over 100 bil in DFK 1.5, on the X360 port.  =D I didn't bother with the loop, so it's a 1-ALL.

Funnily enough I had been practicing DFK BL B-Strong exclusively over the past several days, and did this run just as a diversion.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

New improvement in my DFK BL X360 B-Strong score! I made it up to the EX Boss with a score of 532,062,528,384. A death during a hyper in the middle of ST5 killed my chain completely and dropped my score by 70-100 bil, so 600+ bil shouldn't be too hard if I can get through ST5 without such a blunder.

Here is a video of the EX Boss fight. I didn't have enough resources to clear it, but I made it to near the end with some lucky dodges keeping me alive longer than expected.

https://twitter.com/cavexstg/status/1312704798618083329
My score archive

EOJ

Another DFK BL B-Strong increase, this time to 586,180,931,935.

Came into ST5 with one spare life and managed to get to the boss, but too many dumb deaths in the first four stages crippled this run.

I practiced the EX boss today and can get through it without dying pretty consistently now, provided I come into the fight with at least 3 bombs in stock.
My score archive

EOJ

I plugged in my DFK BL PCB and did a few runs after practicing ST5 on the port the past few days. It wasn't long until I got a new PB, this time over 600 bil!

Game over at the very end of the stage right before the boss.

My score archive

EOJ

Big update in my DFK BL B-Strong X360 score, to 757,366,957,843.

Now I just have to get to the ST5 boss with a spare life or two.
My score archive

EOJ

Finally cleared it!!

Ended with one spare life and two bombs. Fought Taisabachi but not Hibachi. I should have suicided at the end because you get 5 bil for the MAXIMUM bonus, vs 1 bil for each spare life, but I was too nervous I'd screw things up somehow.

Anyway, a good run, not quite high enough to beat my top score but I'm happy.  =D
My score archive

RandomRetro

Wow, nice work. Did you record the run by chance?

EOJ

Yes, I have the replay saved on my xbox 360. I need to get a capture device some day so I can upload replays to youtube.

I recorded the Stage 5 boss and EX boss fights on my cellphone and posted them here:

https://twitter.com/cavexstg/status/1315899285276295168
My score archive

EOJ

Taking a break from DFK BL I fired up my SDOJ PCB (which I hadn't played in a month or two) and got a new high score: 8,283,520,061. Finished with one spare life and no bombs. Two deaths before Stage 5 and lots of sloppy mistakes. Still trying to work toward my current goal of 10+ bil.

My score archive

EOJ

New high score in DFK 1.5 (X360) with C-Power: 91,864,656,546 (up to Stage 2-2).

About 68bil at the end of ST3, ST4 chain breaks galore so few points there, and less than a bil gained in the loop before game over.
My score archive

EOJ

Another increase with C-Power, this time over 100bil (finally):

My score archive

EOJ

Another increase, up to 150,996,945,968 (Omote Loop).

First time past 2-2 and I got all the way up to the second midboss in 2-5. About 135bil at the end of the first loop with four lives in tow.

Playing so much Strong style in DFK BL in recent weeks helped me "wing" stages 2-3 ~ 2-5 for survival.
My score archive

EOJ

Another DFK 1.5 increase, this time to 156,530,580,880. It's a 1-ALL because I declined the loop this time. I finished ST5 with only a couple lives left.

This run had my best ST1-4 yet, with 141bil at the end of ST4 (and no-miss no-bomb). Fairly perfect chaining in these stages based on my current strats. Now I just need to learn and practice ST5, which is where my scoring consistently falls apart. I have the first part down pat, up to the end of the zako rush after the first midboss, after that I use hypers frequently to try and keep the chain from breaking.
My score archive

EOJ

First time in the Ura loop!

Pretty poor first loop, ending with 113 bil there. But somehow I did 2-1 really well, with 8700 hits before the midboss, 10k+ hits at the end of the midboss, and no miss no bomb, netting me about 7 bil in the stage. 2-2 was a wash (with three deaths), but I got 10k hits early in ST3 and chained up to the midboss, giving me about 12 bil for the stage before my game ended on that midboss.
My score archive

EOJ

With my supergun out of order (new one coming next week), I've been dabbling in more of the X360 ports. Today I fired up MMP Matsuri Ver for the first time in a couple years and got a new high with Ikuo:

227,728,650 - ALL

This retires my old Ikuo score of 219,042,570 done on March 17, 2011.

My score archive

EOJ

Big improvement in my DFK 1.5 C-Power Ura score, up to 216,620,090,647.

197bil first loop. Chained ST5 up to the second midboss for the first time (with no 'safety hypers' before that). 136bil at the end of ST4.
My score archive

EOJ

I've gone back to DFK BL Power for a bit, and got a new high score on the X360 version:

695 bil at the end of ST4, which is subpar (I should be getting 700 - 750 bil, at least). Pretty good ST5, but I died with just a hair of life left on the ST5 boss, costing me the meaty ST5 end bonus (around ~20bil) and a hyper. I came into the EX boss fight with one hyper, a low REDDO gauge, and one life. Got about halfway through the fight but couldn't pull it off. Frustrating! But I'm still going to keep working toward my long-term goal of 1.6+ trillion.
My score archive

EOJ

This one has been on my bucket list for over a decade, but I finally did it today. A 1CC of Futari 1.01 Maniac mode!

I didn't beat (or even get near) my top score of 203mil, but I beat the last boss with just one death and finished the game with a life to spare, so I'm pleased with that. :righton:
My score archive

RandomRetro

Wow nice clear. I have only heard horror stories for 1.01! Congrats.

EOJ

Thanks! Stage 5 and the last boss are the real issues, the first four stages aren't much harder than Ver 1.5.
My score archive

EOJ

Well, here's something I wasn't expecting. I played a casual credit of DFK BL with B-Power -- pretty much my best run ever in terms of survival (only one death in ST4, no-missed the ST5 boss), one death on Golden Disaster, so I finish with three spare lives. Yay, finally got the 1CC with a decent score. Or so I thought! Before I know it, out pops Hibachi!

I didn't know what the heck I was doing, I've never even practiced Hibachi in training mode. Got about half its life down before the big Game Over.

I thought if you died more than once before the end of the GD fight you wouldn't get Hibachi, but this shows if you only die once (or no miss) up to GD, you still get Hibachi even if you die on GD.

Since I did 1CC the game past Golden Disaster, this beats my old 1CC score from 2011:

947,690,917,215 - ALL - B-Power - Autobomb OFF - X360 (HIGHEST 1CC SCORE) {4.16.2011}
My score archive

EOJ

I've been making some good progress in DFK BL this week. Today I finally broke the 1.4 trillion barrier with a score of 1,454,838,904,910.

It's a bummer I didn't get a clear with this one. I got to the Golden Disaster fight with two spare lives and was doing fine until the second half where I suffered a silly death and then couldn't recover a hyper fast enough, which soon led to my demise. Oh well. Next goal is 1.5+ trillion, so maybe I'll get a clear with that one!
My score archive

EOJ

I got my DFK BL PCB up and running again (thanks to a new OSSC), and beat my top PCB score:

Game over on the last phase of the ST5 boss. About 100 bil less than my best score on the port, so I've got some work to do!
My score archive

EOJ

Probably my last score of the year, 85 bil in DFK 1.5 with C-Strong, on the PCB.  :righton:

My score archive

EOJ

Got over 100 bil with C-Strong on the X360 port:

I'm aiming for 300+ bil this year, so I still have a ways to go. It's a lot easier to score with C-Power, but I have more fun with C-Strong (especially in the loops), so I'm going to keep going with that ship.

My score archive

EOJ

I uploaded my 1.45 trillion DFK BL B-Power run to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrUkl_JC1hA

Next up will be my B-Strong ALL.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Here's my 366 mil Espgaluda 2 Asagi ALL from 11 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDyQyuI1Quo

Unfortunately I didn't save the replays for my Ageha or Tateha ALL scores, though both scores are still on the online leaderboards.

Also, from now on I am adding the links to these replays on my main score page, next to the respective scores.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

Quote from: EOJ on January 13, 2021, 04:33:37 PM
Here's my 366 mil Espgaluda 2 Asagi ALL from 10 years ago

People have scoffed at me when they see me select Asagi in Galuda2. To me it's a no-brainer choice for the end of the game. Thanks for including the video! I learned some things that I'll have to try out the next time I borrow the board... or whenever I get off my lazy ass to just buy one.

EOJ

Yeah, Asagi is a lot of fun! Definitely an underplayed character.

Speaking of 1CC runs focused more on the clear than scoring, here's my 155mil Futari 1.01 Maniac ALL with Normal Reco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ibzT_409U

My score archive