Main Menu

Darius Burst [PSP]

Started by EOJ, July 26, 2009, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

New Darius game called "Darius Burst" coming soon? It's recently been listed on this site, under Taito:

http://ameblo.jp/yorozuu/entry-10304772704.html

UPDATE: This will be a PSP game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Awesome!  I've been feeling this series lately, even though I suck ass at it.  It was quite ground-breaking.

EOJ

Looks like this will be a PSP game. Moved to the console forums.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Megalixir

adverse

Megalixir

I checked out some vids. It's too fanservicey and I really don't like the art.

I've been considering this, Metal Slug XX, Project Diva, Utawarerumono and US copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite but I'm just not sure. This stuff doesn't have to be new. I'm probably just going through a phase of wanting to start a PSP collection which will blow over in a week's time.

Maybe I should just mod my PSP again.

HUU

I tried a few credits on this game.
I think this is a good game for a psp, graphics are nice enough ... music really feels like darius gaiden.
The burst system is really important, at first, I thought the game was difficult. All stages with floatting asteroids, and many ships shooting together ... I kept on dying !! until I found how to use the burst/laser !!
If you push X button, you fire a big laser, gauge gets empty pretty fast, to refill it, you have to shoot ennemies.
If you double tap X button, you can separate from your laser, and control it...
So for asteroids passage, you have to double tap X, put your laser in a good direction, then you kill all ennemies on screen and also refill your gauge at the same time !! so you can keep your laser firing for a long time.
Boss are not too hard, many patterns, very geometric ... once you figured out where to place yourself, you can defeat them no miss.
After 4 credit, I manage to go to the last boss in one life ... I lost all my lives there ... this boss seems a bit harder than previous one ! especially it's second form !!
About scoring ... there is a multiplicater on top of the screen, it seems to block at x16 ... but I really don't know why ? and how ?? .. I don't have enough credit on this game. Also using burst to destroy all ennemies will be important for scoring.
Overall, this is a nice old school psp shooter. :righton:

adverse

I wish the multiplier went higher.  You max out at x16 like 1/4 way through every stage, then it's just killing asteroids and ships from there.  zz

HUU

Quote from: adverse on December 26, 2009, 01:16:44 PM
I wish the multiplier went higher.  You max out at x16 like 1/4 way through every stage, then it's just killing asteroids and ships from there.  zz
haha I guess we couldn't expect something else for scoring from a old school shooter !!!!  =D