What is your occupation or area of study?

Started by Let_It_Be, November 15, 2011, 01:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Let_It_Be

As the title says, what occupation are you all in or what are you studying in school?  You don't need to be specific if you don't want to of course.

I'm studying Mathematics, and currently planning to go to graduate school with a focus on algebra.

CIB

ookitarepanda

High School math teacher. My undergrad was a double major in Math and Japanese, then my master's was in mathematics education.

At times I heavily considered becoming an actuary, but I just don't think it's the right occupational fit for me.

Orochi S

Academic (lecturer/researcher) in political science. Background in philosophy, politics, economics and Japanese. Soon to be unemployed, most likely, judging by the state of HE in Britain.  :(

brentsg

I took an odd path.

I studied engineering, have a BS in aerospace eng and a MS in mechanical eng.  I spent some time doing supersonic propulsion research.  I published some work in that area, along with general fluid mechanics and heat transfer.  I also worked as a design engineer for military aircraft for a while.  I ultimately got out of this area because the workers were nomadic.  Many of them had to move every 2-3 years to follow the money, basically.  Everything was a cycle based upon military spending.

I got into telecom years ago and have stuck with that.  For the past few years I've been working as an engineer and project manager for a small consulting firm in Boston.  Lately I've been doing some IT related work that kind of ties into telecom.

dimmu--borgir

Nurse but working in Norway (live in Sweden) and earns like a Swedish doctor...  ???

MikeNeko

Computer Projects Director for a (reasonably) well known company.
I am old T-T *sob*

supabok

Front-End Developer for mobile & online. Was based in Tokyo, moved back to Toronto in November 2011, more than likely moving back to Tokyo in September  :lol: