Deathsmiles 2 [CAVE PCB, 2009]

Started by EOJ, January 06, 2009, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinHo

I would like to see some pictures of the of the new hardware ...

adverse

Confirmed that the game should be out today.  Will try to drop by a Shinjuku arcade.  Maybe Hey too if I have time.

adverse

Well, went and checked it out.

Sorry for the shitty cellphone shots.

First off, shot is more powerful than the loc test version and there are more rings and bullets in general.  Item counter activation is still at 1000.  There is a new stage called Ruins.  After that...the game ends!  Yes, only four levels, wow!  Talking to other people there it seemed obvious that more levels would be unlocked by something since there is a whole other part of the geography you can't go to yet.  There is also the shemale character and Casper that are not yet usable.  Not sure how the new stuff will be unlocked.

The new stage is a haunted mansion which has zombies, banshees, library cases and giant hands attacking you.  The giant hands give big rings if you're powered up.  So do the rocks in the upward scrolling level.  I wanted to test out if locking onto the rocks would give you a recharge since it drops your item counter really fast and you get a ton of big rings from the rocks.  But a lot of people showed up after my turn was up.

Oh and incidentally, the second time I played this happened:

All I did was power up on the second boss during his second pattern and after I beat his first form, he got locked into position and stopped taking damage.  He eventually scrolled off the screen to the left and the game was just stuck in a bossless boss battle.  Attendant had to reset the game and everything. :laugh:

Pretty sure that guarantees a board update. 

GaijinPunch

Monouchi

..so people at cave really think this game is an upgrade from the first DS.  ???

Gwyrgyn

Kiken

Is it just me, or do Casper and Windia actually look younger?

Also, Cave updated the main page if you wanna get a closer look at the shemale. ;)

hermosaguy

Wow...little exploits and bugs are one thing but flat out crashing?  Not good at all.  I wonder what the QC is like over there at Cave. 

adverse

Btw extends were at 20 mil, and the guy who beat the game got like 45 mil IIRC.

Shalashaska

Kaneda

Played this yesterday. I was surprised at its difficulty and liked that the rank levels were gone, but its kind of hard to ignore its fugliness.

Top score last night at HEY was 140m with Windia.

adverse

Quote from: Kaneda on May 15, 2009, 11:59:11 PM
Played this yesterday. I was surprised at its difficulty and liked that the rank levels were gone, but its kind of hard to ignore its fugliness.

Top score last night at HEY was 140m with Windia.

Although there aren't rank levels, most of the game's difficulty at least so far comes from the bosses, who have some tough patterns.  But a newbie could just power up on or before the boss in order to get rid of them more quickly, which is probably good for the game since it will give noobs an easier way to advance.  Just like MBL, bosses will restore your item counter if you get close to them, but you have to get really close.  Like for the raindeer, it's just under its snout.  This might be milkable?  Like power-up, hit all of the reindeer's snowballs, then get under his snout to get back up to 1000 etc.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

PROMETHEUS

I think it's retarded to take out ranks, STGs need difficulty levels to be interesting to everyone.

Kaneda

It's still not even remotely close to being Cave's hardest and noob's can get through it easily enough by ignoring the lock shot which causes these sperm to chase after you (like Shikigami no Shiro when the timer runs out). That's what I did and got the sterling 1CC (or Stage 4 Clear as the game calls it). Granted, there are certainly more stages but the game still gives you a game clear bonus for remaining lives and such after you beat just the 4 stages.

I saw guys ripping the game up today and still nothing past stage 4. If it really is some code-required thing or amount of time played to unlock the rest of the game I will be miffed. The top players today seemed kind of bored, already finding ways to milk the first few stages for all they're worth and ready to move on.

I noticed that the top score of the day got reset at some point so I take it that the machine froze and needed a reboot or it's another bug.

adverse

GaijinPunch

Cave is the new Sega: release half of a game... pretend that you're doing everyone a favor by unlocking shit.

adverse

I think limiting the stages to 4 was a particularly bad choice. 

Unlocking characters and extra (harder) stages probably gave the original DS a bit of traction in the arcades, but if the initial game barely has enough space to experiment in, people are going to get bored fast.

hermosaguy

4 stages.  No rank.   Trannys.   These aren't bugs, they are features!

adverse

Midnight Milkshake

A game with a boss called "Bigote" shouldn't be bad, but I think that Deathsmiles 2 will be the exception.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

hermosaguy

Quote from: EOJ on May 19, 2009, 01:21:15 PM
Stage 1 vid with Soupy:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7070835

I still see a lot of potential with the game.  But in its current state, not enough to warrant a purchase or even considering one.  Here is hoping they get their shit together for the 1.5 or BL version. 

zlk

adverse

Christ in fuck.

There is no more painful way to download a file than through filebank.

adverse

aaand the result is just the new boss for the haunted house level which I've already seen.

::goes to sleep::

GaijinPunch

QuoteThere is no more painful way to download a file than through filebank.

From my extensive experience, Japan is the only place that forces their bullshit method of "painful is better" into just about everything -- including file downloading.  Limiting people to Windows is just flat out retarded.... I don't care how good your toilet makes my ass feel.

Gwyrgyn

So... the lockshot draws in those 'sperm' looking bullets and then cancels them into rings? Can't figure out exactly what triggers the sperm bullets to appear other than maybe shooting stuff down with the lockshot.

adverse

How are you guys gonna feel with a screen full of sperm bullets and you controlling a she-male is what we need to be thinking about.

GaijinPunch

Shibuya Kaikan got this in.  Took them a few days.  I thought they were doing a protest.  Bummer.  Put a credit in.  Didn't really finish.  The Fantasy Zone cab across the room was calling my name.