Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Stuff we know so far:

-In original mode, once the stage counter maxes at 9999, it starts flashing, and apparently you get more points during this time.

-In maniac and god modes the counter flashes at 9999 as well (10000+ in god), but it's unclear as to what effect it has here.

-Original and Maniac modes both have slightly faster bullets now, making them a bit harder.

-God mode is more like Ultra but with slightly less bullets. Also interesting is that they have adapted Maniac's scoring system, but the multiplier maxes out at 30,000 instead of 9999!

-Amazingly, the version of Reco in this game is based on Abnormal, but her lock-on shot has been greatly improved and is very easy to use now.

-Palm's shot is like Normal from 1.5, while his laser is sort of a mix of Normal and Abnormal.

-Some enemies have been added to parts of stages.

-Bomb once in Original mode and your stage counter gets reduced to zero. Bombing in the other modes reduces your multiplier much more than in 1.5 as well.

-You can no longer milk the Stage 2 boss in Maniac mode (hooray!)

Vids:
Original mode - Palm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTABM2ueF8

God mode - Reco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKcch7R-_Q
My score archive

KOMA

Ok,let's talk about this release.

Do you think it's worth to buy it when you have already the 1.5 vers?
I'm a big fan about the Mushi futari 1.5,i bought it in december last and i play continually with fun since.For me is the best cave game i ever play,the scoring system is brilliant,accessible for poor player like me,particulary original mode.

I'm just wondering  if it's necessary to get it with a 1.5 at home already?I'm talking about gaming not in terms of geek cave addict.

EOJ

Well first of all, I agree with you Koma, as I also think Futari 1.5 is Cave's best game.

As for Black Label, it is not released yet, so it is hard to say for sure that it will be worth it. However, from what I have seen in the vids released so far, and the info on the scoring systems released, I definitely think that for me, it will be worth the money even though I have 1.5 and have played it extensively. I don't buy Cave games just to 'collect', I buy them because I intend to play them hard, and play them for score.

Some things I like about Black Label: the new shot types for each character (they look great and they're very strong), no more stage 2 maniac mode boss milking, increased gems & scoring, more enemies on stage 2, bosses die very quickly, bullets are slightly faster, God mode (big multipliers, more accessible than 1.5's Ultra mode), etc.

One thing I'm wondering about is the extend system. In the loke test version, I read there are no score extends, and the stage 5 fixed extend is also gone. Could it be that they just left the extends out of the loke version to make it harder? Or will they keep them out of the final product? It might be a good way to balance the improved strength of the characters, but only having 2 spare lives from start to finish is a bit too 'Under Defeat' to me.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote-Bomb once in Original mode and your stage counter gets reduced to zero. Bombing in the other modes reduces your multiplier much more than in 1.5 as well.

Not sure about the actual rate in comparison w/ 1.5, but Original mode does not reduce your counter to zero.  Watch the Original Mode play posted at gamengai.  Towards the end, he bombs and clearly has a counter left.

I can't recall exactly, but I think I recall dying cutting your counter in half in Maniac Mode.

EOJ

Quote-Bomb once in Original mode and your stage counter gets reduced to zero. Bombing in the other modes reduces your multiplier much more than in 1.5 as well.

Not sure about the actual rate in comparison w/ 1.5, but Original mode does not reduce your counter to zero.  Watch the Original Mode play posted at gamengai.  Towards the end, he bombs and clearly has a counter left.

You're confusing the stage counter and the overall counter. There are two counters in the upper left in Original mode: the top one is the Overall, the bottom is the Stage. As I said, the stage counter gets reduced to zero when you bomb (not the overall counter). The guy in your vid has 6000+ on the stage counter, one bomb, and poof, it's all gone.

Your video is quite useful in another way - the guy dies at the start of stage 3, and you can see his stage counter is reduced by 1/3 (from 12XX to 8XX), it is not reduced to zero. So this game really punishes the bombers out there.

QuoteI can't recall exactly, but I think I recall dying cutting your counter in half in Maniac Mode.

That would make it like 1.0 then (dying in 1.5 reduces your counter by 1/3).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteYou're confusing the stage counter and the overall counter.

Going by the video alone, yes, but

Overall counter went from 11,834 to 3,534 (that's over 8000 he lost).  He doesn't even have that much in the stage counter.  I want to say that I saw people not lose both counters, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.  I was paying way more attention to the bullets and bad guys.  It's clear that it definitely takes far more than a percentage though.  Not sure how I feel about that, but I won't be playing original that much.

They do seem somewhat lax on dying, indeed.

EOJ

Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see what a 9999 max stage counter reduces to when you bomb.

I've also heard that when you get close to bosses, they start shedding gems, so perhaps in BL you will need to go through the boss fights at a close proximity?
My score archive

KOMA

In fact i have money to go for it,it was just certains things to get in consideration but finally i'm pretty sure that i'll enjoy the game.

And if this is true for a only limit relase of 150pcb,i will be very dissapointed to miss this game.

EOJ

I don't think you'll regret the purchase, Koma. It will be great to have more competition in the high score thread. :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rorV96V2CPQ

Stage 4, Maniac mode, Black Label. Not the best quality vid, but good enough.

The stage looks the same except the beginning. Interestingly, they took out that big flying bug in the beginning and replaced it with a few waves of the smaller brown bugs you find later in the level. Looks a lot easier.

Also cool to see more of Reco's new shot type. Since you slowdown with A instead of C in this, it looks 10 times easier to use than Abnormal Reco in 1.5.

EDIT: Just read a guy credit fed through God mode, beat Larsa, and there was no Spiritual Larsa. So looks like you need to 1CC the game to fight her, which is typical Cave.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Man I'd love to try out any of the TLB's but these 1CC requirements mean that will never happen. Would I last more than 2.3 seconds against any of them? Hell no, but I'd still like to try.

Maybe in a future, not so far away, Cave or Arika will decide to port again and Doom, Hibachi, Aki, and Larsa can have their way with me.

KOMA

QuoteI don't think you'll regret the purchase, Koma. It will be great to have more competition in the high score thread. :righton:
I think so too.I don't know if the game will be under my tree for Xmas but i'm ready to go for it! :D

GaijinPunch

Quick boss fights will be nice.  I doubt Original or Maniac will be very tricky to 1CC at all.  Stage 4 & 5 hard parts are the big bastards that take a long time, and the added fire power should make that a lot easier, eh?

Violent Ken

For me, the game will be in my cab for christmas! :D

KOMA

QuoteFor me, the game will be in my cab for christmas! :D
Really VK?When Laurent send you the kit?

Violent Ken

The game will be sent out on Dec 20th! ;)

KOMA

I never received an order from Japan in 4 days,HK yes,sometimes 3 days but hopefully for you the game will be here for christmas my friend :)

GaijinPunch

QuoteI never received an order from Japan in 4 days,HK yes,sometimes 3 days but hopefully for you the game will be here for christmas my friend :)

They will usually ship it out early if you are abroad, since technically the only rule is not to "have it" early. ;)

GaijinPunch

More to the list of what we know:

-Box has a special BL sticker

God Mode
-shooting larger enemies w/ shot raises the meter (not just bosses & mid-bosses)
-Stupid amounts of gold (stage 1 -- 200 mil is challenging, but attainable)
-Loads of slowdown
-Laser seems to pound the CPU (more slowdown) whereas it was Shot in 1.5
-Extends at 350 mil/650 mil

Original
-Bomb doesn't reduce counter to zero
-First extend at 100 mil

KOMA

First extend at 100mil,that's a challenge i love.
My goods is sent,i can't wait to play it! :D

Violent Ken

GaijinPunch

I've been playing mostly God Mode.  It's good, but some parts are a bitch (stage 2 & 3 mid-bosses suck).  Maniac is okay, but there's some goofy parts.  The bosses patterns are speeded up to offset the extra firepower.  As such, the bullets overlap differently.

EOJ

So you got your kit, GP. Care to share a picture of it? Does it have one of those single-fold POPs like IKBL?

I won't have mine until January 2nd, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Jan 2nd?  Oh, the pain.
It's got a normal POP this time.  Lemme sort through some shit and I'll post a pic later.

EOJ

Cool, thanks. Also, is the serial number something special, like MBL-XXX?
Or just a random CA-XXXXX?

I'm visiting my parents for the holidays, and won't be back home until Dec 31st, hence the delay in picking up my kit from the Post office. Oh well.
My score archive

EOJ

I've been reading on 2ch about how when you max out your stage counter at 9999 in Original mode, the rank jumps up to about the same level as when you got 70K+ on the overall counter in version 1.5. Is there any scoring difference when you're playing at the max stage rank? I would hope so.

QuoteOriginal
-Bomb doesn't reduce counter to zero

Stage counter, I presume? How much does it reduce the stage counter?
My score archive

EOJ

First God mode vids are up:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=0a7558613303e79b6c70d5e28836e6a21246192a

Stage 1&2 strats, 60fps, 480MBs. I'm downloading it as I type this.

EDIT: Just watched the vid, it's pretty good. The guy gets 315 mil at the end of Stage 1 and 944mil at the end of Stage 2 (he doesn't score on the ST2 boss, just jacks up his counter to 17K to use at the start of ST3).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Thanks for the link.  They must've posted that as I slept.
My personal best on stage 1 is 250 mil... and I thought that was pretty good.  I must be doing something wrong.

Stage 2 I fuck up all the time.  Those red things "get away" quite easily.  You can really cash in on all of them.

And I have no clue at all about Original.  I've literally played it once for each character.  On 2ch, one guy said stage counter depletion when you bomb might be fixed at 7000... that was all I read.

Stage 2 boss is worth a shitload of points (130+ mil), and the patterns are doable.  I've only pulled it off once, but you can get the counter to 30,000.  Actually pretty easy since your counter goes UP as you shoot the guy.   The most I've gotten on stage 3 in one pop is 150 mil from the the things that spam those spiral bullets.

drboom

Can someone post this vid up? I can't get the torrent to work.  :(